Pages:
Author

Topic: Coins kept in exchange, are they safe? - page 3. (Read 5651 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 10
October 11, 2018, 07:45:04 AM
I think you can not be 100% sure that the coins are safe on the exchange. How many cases of hacker attacks. I myself constantly hope for a miracle, so my savings will not be affected.
Activity: 166
Merit: 1
“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”
October 11, 2018, 07:39:02 AM
They are saved but is it profitable step? I don't like to change coins because it is a bad sign for me to be honest. If I want something, I just buy it.
Activity: 352
Merit: 100
Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!
October 10, 2018, 07:27:15 PM
I feel keeping our coins in exchanges, mininize the risk of loosing our coins to wallet hackers.

I have some concerns regarding keeping your tokens in an exchange:

1. If the exchange are not within the top 10 then its security is not as strong as fortress since it can be hacked.
2. Why would you risk putting it on exchange when you can keep it offline or in a cold storage?
3. Wallet hackers is just as notorious as Exchange phishers.

The list goes on but my point is it will always be better to keep your tokens offline until you want to sell them. Don't hold it on any exchanges since the listing can be retracted. 
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract
October 10, 2018, 07:18:38 PM
I feel keeping our coins in exchanges, mininize the risk of loosing our coins to wallet hackers.
Sorry, but if that is a centralised exchange then they are even more vulnerable to hackers. Wallets get hacked when you do dumb things that expose your private key. Exchanges get hacked when people find security vulnerabilities in their code. Personally I trust myself to keep my money secure more than I do third parties.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
October 10, 2018, 07:16:51 PM
Don't try it. Do not ever try it. Unless you intend to sell your coins within a very short time. Storing coins in exchange is a noob risk because exchanges are regular target for hacks and breaches. So if you don't want to increase the chances of losing your coins then move them safely to your personal wallet or better still an, external wallet
Activity: 392
Merit: 252
October 10, 2018, 07:10:53 PM
Keep your crypto money on crypto money trading platforms if you're doing daily crypto money trading. Day trading allows you to keep track of daily price changes. But if you want to invest in long-term, keep your crypto money in the Ledger wallet.
Activity: 784
Merit: 112
October 09, 2018, 09:12:42 PM
It is not totally safe for our coins that we kept in exchanges because there are some exchanges they have weak security that is why they are victim of hacking if i were you just put your coins in your wallet and have difficult password.
Activity: 445
October 09, 2018, 07:58:41 PM
If this is a good exchange, then it’s safe to keep coins there for some time, the main thing is that it is not permanent, since the wallet is still safer compared to the exchange.
copper member
Activity: 280
October 09, 2018, 07:27:10 PM
In recent times of shocking news, the safety ratio of assets on exchange wallet isnt completely secured. There have been instance where users funds have been compromised. So it better to keep your long term assets in your external wallets. However, it's quite accepted for day trading and short term
Activity: 336
October 09, 2018, 07:22:14 PM
I think at the moment they are safe , now the exchange is very well protected , but you still need to choose a good exchange !for example, I can recommend binance
Activity: 116
October 09, 2018, 07:21:07 PM
I think that it is convenient to store on the stock exchange, but it is not safe. Since cybercrime has not been canceled, and this kind of tidbit many do not mind to taste.
Activity: 279
Merit: 10
October 08, 2018, 04:17:45 AM
They are saved if you use only checked ones and you now that your money will not be stolen. In the other way nobody can give you a guarantee about your security.
Activity: 280
October 08, 2018, 03:56:31 AM

Its a bad idea on keeping coins on exchanges because its easily for the to track down your coin or money that stored in their exchanger. Its always be more secured when its come on your future profit. Put it in the safest exchange to avoid getting lost.
Activity: 504
October 08, 2018, 03:42:24 AM

I don't think that you can be fully confident about any cryptocurrency safety when it lays in online-platforms. But we are forced to keep digital money there. So it is necessary to be aware of safety measures (sms or 2 factor)
Activity: 476
October 07, 2018, 02:08:50 PM
Keeping coins on exchanger will not save you for 100% from losing your coins. Sometimes exchangers are hacked as well as your wallet can be hacked. Best option to keep coins on cold wallet for long-term and for trading to keep in on different exchanges and wallets.
Activity: 434
October 07, 2018, 10:12:43 AM
Of course not. If you do not want to lose all the money you need to have your own wallet where you can store your money. Keeping money on the stock exchange is very dangerous at the current time
Activity: 329
AGATE
October 07, 2018, 07:16:32 AM
I think it's safer to keep them in a safe Deposit box or at your notary.
So you'll be responsible for the safety of their assets and in a difficult moment will not be able to make the wrong choice on the emotions.
Activity: 924
Merit: 500
October 07, 2018, 06:47:45 AM
We have the golden rule in a cryptocurrency world: If you do not own private key, you do not own cryptocurrencies.
And recently Bitfinex had real problems and I though that this was the end of Bitfinex. So be careful with your fuds on exchanges.
Activity: 152
Merit: 7
October 07, 2018, 06:38:20 AM
You cant put all exchange in one side, some exchange are safe to an extend. Thier security method may be safer than an ordinary user who is not excelent in how safely to prptect his seeds.
For a beginner i prefer to keep my alt in exchange.
But i am expert i can use private wallet.
Activity: 274
October 07, 2018, 06:27:39 AM
Ah I forgot about people holding their coins on exchanges, I try not to do that.And yeah sometimes Exchanges wont give you coins you should have if you had them in your own wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: