Pages:
Author

Topic: Coins kept in exchange, are they safe? - page 4. (Read 5651 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 250
October 07, 2018, 06:26:01 AM
It all depends on what kind of exchange. You understand that the longer the exchange is not hacked the more interesting it is to hackers.)
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
October 06, 2018, 02:38:50 PM
I can tell you that it is not safe to store coins anywhere. Neither online nor at home are you everywhere at risk. be careful
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
October 06, 2018, 02:16:00 PM
I think that there is no security anywhere, especially in the cryptocurrency sphere, but if we are talking about a cold wallet, then it is definitely better not to keep money on the exchange, because your tokens or coins can be blocked.
Activity: 560
October 06, 2018, 02:13:16 PM
Exchanges also hack and so it is the same insecure way to store coins, but I think that you can store money, especially if the exchange uses two-factor authentication. But it is better to buy a hardware wallet.
Activity: 170
October 06, 2018, 08:27:07 AM
I think it is safer to keep your coins on a cold wallet. Exchanges does not guarantee a 100 percent safety. They could be hacked, as well as your mew wallet. I prefer the MEW. Just keep your private key safe and do not enter phishing websites and everything will be great.
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
October 06, 2018, 08:20:29 AM
I feel keeping our coins in exchanges, mininize the risk of loosing our coins to wallet hackers.

The exchange is not intended to preserve your assets. For this there is a huge selection of wallets. On the exchange you need to trade and leave your coins there only for this.
Activity: 296
October 06, 2018, 08:13:31 AM
In principle, if you store money on the top exchanges, the probability of losing money is minimal but still there are such chances. It is also necessary to install two-factor authorization on your account
Activity: 406
CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10
October 06, 2018, 08:09:15 AM
No!.. that's not good idea to put your coins in the exchange, because most of them get hacked, its too risky it's like giving them a chance to steal your coin, better to put all your coins in secure wallet so that in the end you may still have the profit with you.
October 06, 2018, 07:58:28 AM
I feel keeping our coins in exchanges, mininize the risk of loosing our coins to wallet hackers.

I am not sure that this is the most optimal solution. Exchange subject to hacking. It seems to me that a hardware wallet is the best solution for storing your assets. It is reasonable to store on the exchange only if you regular trade this coins. I am sure that it is not safe, although it is very convenient. This is the choice of each crypto player.
Activity: 378
CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS
October 06, 2018, 07:57:43 AM
I don't suggest anyone to keep their cryptos on exchanges. Exchanges can be hack, they are not safe. Do a little effort and try to keep them safely in wallets. Keep the private keys of wallets safe.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
October 06, 2018, 07:57:01 AM
No, it is completely wrong hacking a bitcoin wallet is much harder than any exchange out there. Exchanges are just a simple site with some extra security because they are on the internet and anybody can break them with sufficient hard work and research, but on the other hand, Bitcoin wallet have encryption and public key/ private key feature and many more features which definitely helps in protecting our wallet in much more scale. Of course, no one can protect you from spoofing or other stuff. But hacking your exchange account is much easier than your wallet because it is in a browser and it can easily be hacked.
October 06, 2018, 07:54:29 AM

It is not advisable to keep your tokens in an exchange unless if that exchange is a reputable one like binance, okex, huobi and so much more. Right after trading, transfer right away your coins into your local wallet so that if ever you're gonna need it like emergency, you can right away cash it out for good.
Activity: 924
Merit: 15
October 06, 2018, 07:53:11 AM
wallets can be hacked. Exchanges can be hacked. so none of them are safe.

But, and this is important, if you have your coins in a centralized exchange, the government can access that information and crash you with taxes. If you have them in a wallet, the government will eat shit.

So better in wallets.
Activity: 310
Merit: 1
Probit - Global Asset exchange
October 06, 2018, 07:49:45 AM
Though am not a fan of centralized exchange and their centralized storage of security information . But I know its not the easiest thing to hack them. I advice you store your huge chunk of coins on wallets rather than exchanges, but exchanges are  not so bad as well.
Activity: 224
October 06, 2018, 07:41:49 AM
I have little faith in the safety of their funds, which are stored in the wallets of the exchange. After all, these coins are no longer in my control and they can do whatever they want.
Activity: 392
October 06, 2018, 07:02:11 AM
In my opinion it's certainly not good to save your coins instead because we don't know what will happen to them later. But you must always be careful because some exchanges can be hacked too.
Activity: 980
Merit: 252
October 06, 2018, 06:50:39 AM
At the moment there is not a single fully secure exchange. Therefore, I don’t see any reason to keep coins on a stock exchange account. Yes, I also have coins that are on the stock exchange. But I don’t find it reasonable to transfer the entire portfolio to the stock exchange.
Activity: 364
October 06, 2018, 04:58:36 AM
There are two main arguments against keeping coins in exchange:

You don't own the private keys of your wallets
Most are unregulated and uninsured.

Activity: 588
October 06, 2018, 04:33:24 AM
None of the exchanger can provide 100% bezopasnosti store your scriptaction there are cold and hardware wallets.
copper member
Activity: 85
Merit: 0
FinanceX Exchange
October 06, 2018, 04:27:49 AM
Cold wallet is a good solution for you if you want to be in this crypto world for a long time
Pages:
Jump to: