Pages:
Author

Topic: Coins kept in exchange, are they safe? - page 5. (Read 5651 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 250
October 06, 2018, 03:56:08 AM
Understand, if the exchange keeps your coins on cold wallets, it is quite safe, although the human factor can not be canceled, but if it keeps them on online wallets... Goodbye money.
Activity: 368
Merit: 18
October 06, 2018, 03:45:46 AM
I think they are but always keep in mind that exchange can delist the coin that you are holding.
So for me it is better to keep it at your own wallet a wallet that you have a full control.
Activity: 238
Merit: 2
October 06, 2018, 03:10:54 AM
I think keeping it on FDIC insured exchanges like Coinbase and Kraken are decent if you are using 2FA.
Activity: 910
Merit: 520
October 06, 2018, 03:05:48 AM
I think if you keep them in your account, it will be much safer than on the stock exchange. I'm in control of them anyway.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
October 05, 2018, 06:29:38 AM
If you want to minimize your risks, hold yourself a cold wallet. To keep funds on exchanges has the same risks, as keeping all your savings on one Metamask wallet. Be careful and never provide any information about your wallet!
Activity: 231
October 05, 2018, 06:27:31 AM
It depends on the exchanges you put your coins. Just give you an example, lately this exchange "CH" I will not give the exact name just to give them respect but they admit that most of the coins was get attack by a hacker so on and so forth. In short, my point is never trust all exchange platforms stick to those who stand still and doesn't have a bad feedback about something like that.
Activity: 960
Merit: 502
October 05, 2018, 06:23:29 AM
A lot depends on the exchange itself. There are quite popular, but

they are almost not protected. That's why you should carefully choose exchanges and pay attention to the level of protection of accounts.
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
October 03, 2018, 04:09:56 PM
Is it safe to keep your money in banks? I believe that the answer will follow measured. Not safe. But in my opinion, it is much safer to keep money in cryptocurrency.
Activity: 434
October 02, 2018, 10:40:11 AM
It depends on you, because current coins are safe if you know the security and choice of potential coins, so they will bring you high profits, maybe one of the Coolest ok today if you choose ETH
Activity: 322
homt.net
October 01, 2018, 10:20:03 AM
I feel keeping our coins in exchanges, mininize the risk of loosing our coins to wallet hackers.
Keeping the coins in exchanges I think it is not quitely wise. Especially if you keeping the coins for a long term. Just learn to speculate the market situation. Because you should do something with the coins. It will be the wrong idea if you mean to minimize the risk of loosing your coins by wallet hackers. Just be carefull and smart.
Activity: 934
Merit: 19
October 01, 2018, 10:10:24 AM
if you are not a trader, keeping coins in your wallet at the exchange is a bad idea. get a cold wallet for your coins with a long-term investment. in this case, the reliability of your coins will depend only on you, not on third parties.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
October 01, 2018, 09:53:58 AM
I have kept all my coins on the exchanges for more than two years and nothing has happened to them. The main thing is the presence of two-factor authentication.
Activity: 83
October 01, 2018, 09:39:32 AM
I  think exchange should not be use for long term holding because exchange can be getting hacked or shutdown due to technical or legal issues.Even the some biggest exchanges  have been hacked some time ago and they can't refund that much big value.Exchanges are not like banks if your funds are reduced or disappear there is no one that will look out for the customer. Other thing is except biggest and oldest exchanges  they can even disappear with your funds.And if you're using private wallet only way of signing transactions is using your private key if you are careful and manage your private key safe by never enter it into airdrop,bounty or website your funds will be safe and other thing is there are some fake sites which are contain same interface with wallet therefore better you can use bookmark for access your wallet.  

Activity: 111
October 01, 2018, 06:29:09 AM
I hold the tokens only at the large exchanges Binance. I leave a part to lie on a purse. Always it is necessary to divide money for several parts and to store in different places
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
October 01, 2018, 06:18:15 AM
Many people keep their savings on stock exchanges, but I'm not a supporter of such cases, I think that storing tokens and coins must necessarily be stored on separate purses. I think it will be much safer than storing on stock exchanges.
Activity: 210
October 01, 2018, 06:11:20 AM
There is no security attestation of letting our coins kept on any exchanger. Hacking conditions in two or three trades will cause correspondingly of losing our set away coins in their objectives. On an extremely essential level, there is no veritable technique to feel that we are totally guaranteed in crypto, it a part of the time we've been hack as our own one of a kind outcome lack of caution particularly visiting unbound territories tend to hack our private keys. It is more keen to check it before doing anything as their concerned is our private keys.
Activity: 270
September 28, 2018, 07:12:21 PM
In my experience, they seems to be secured but when they go under maintenance you can't withdraw yoir coins for a moment and the one thing I like is they are giving free coins when you're holding some coins.
Activity: 555
Merit: 12
September 28, 2018, 07:00:03 PM
Keeping coins in exchanges is not safe. Personally, I only transfer coins or tokens to exchanges when I want to trade. Aside that, I don't keep my coins in exchanges. The big question is, what if the exchange gets hacked? Your funds might never be recovered.  Personal wallets are the best. Also, I recommend hardware wallets like Ledger Nano and Trezor.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
September 28, 2018, 06:50:58 PM
Keeping the coins in the exchange are not safe because sometimes the currency are decreasing and increasing it's value. What I mean is we know that if it increase it's value it became popular to people who want to invest to it. And if it decreases it's value while it is in the exchange, some exchange removed the currency that is listed to them because they know it won't grow anymore.
Activity: 504
Merit: 107
👨‍👩‍👧‍&#
September 28, 2018, 06:44:17 PM
storing bitcoin or our assets in exchange, in my opinion, it is safe, but it is endeavored not to focus on one exchange, but some because we will not know what happens in the future, so it is better to anticipate such a hack.
Pages:
Jump to: