Pages:
Author

Topic: Coins To take seriously: - page 6. (Read 14991 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
March 29, 2014, 09:44:49 PM
Your point of view I mostly agree, the prospect of bitcoin is certainly depends on the market, the people need him, he will be there, or else will soon disappear in the eyes of the people.
Activity: 955
Merit: 1004
March 29, 2014, 09:33:11 PM
If you haven't gotten in on SolarCoin (SLR) yet, you need to!  The trade volume is rising every day at allcrypt.com, one of the exchanges that trades it.  Don't delay!

Solarcoin!
Activity: 686
Merit: 252
www.cd3d.app
March 29, 2014, 11:13:44 AM
vertcoin is really candidate for next big thing!

huntercoin is another serious business. real application based on block chain. you can't miss it.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
To The Moon!
March 29, 2014, 03:10:59 AM
HoboNickels is a great coin too. Great stake and pretty stable. Oh did I mention it has good devs too Grin
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
The Future Of Work
March 29, 2014, 03:07:01 AM
Anyone care to expand on blackcoin and darkcoin more? I put a little into blackcoin already and also am thinking about darkcoin.

I'm impressed with blackcoin's price resiliency to the hack/stolen coins today (and the fact that hackers would think it valuable enough to steal, I suppose). 

I'm interested in darkcoin's privacy aspect.

Thoughts on how serious to take these two?

I honestly don't know enough about Blackcoin, must look into it, but here is a bit of info on Darkcoin:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anndash-dash-dashorg-first-self-funding-self-governing-crypto-currency-421615

Darkcoin has a full time developer named Evan Duffield (eduffield) who has already put so many innovations in the coin, it's far above and beyond any other coin.

1.  new algorithm to keep ASICs at bay, X-11.  other coins have already copied this algorithm, as soon as 1 day after Darkcoin's launch!

2.  New way to calculate rewards based on difficulty, a version of Moore's law 2222222/(((Difficulty+2600)/9)^2)

3.  When KGW was found to have an Achilles heel with a time warp exploit, Evan came up with his own Difficulty Retargeting solution and called it Dark Gravity Wave, DGW, and it follows the difficulty changes like  glove, it's amazing.

4. And the real reason for Darkcoin's existence is DarkSend.  DarkSend is the technology behind Darkcoin's anonymous transaction features.  They are implemented inside the wallet in a decentralized, trustless solution.  We are currently in Beta 5 (actually skipped Beta 4) and it's running on the main net.  You can find the white paper at the above link.

What is really great is that Darkcoin is way undervalued still, we have no idea why?  But it's currently been slowly creeping up in value, so it's a great time to purchase Darkcoin as part of your portfolio.  We have practically no history of pumping and dumping (except for a rather long story in the beginning where someone got ahold of bitcoin that didn't belong to them on C-CEX, bought up all the Darkcoin they could with it, then transferred it to Cryptsie where they sold all the dark coin off in a huge dump.  This is where you'll see a very strange peak and valley in, I think it was, early February)

This is a serious coin, we know we have a good thing, but we have not been good at getting the word out.  I feel awkward writing all this, but I've decided that I have to do my part to spread the word.  Even a brilliant coin is nothing without a community, and we've been a quiet bunch who don't seem to want to stick our heads outside the forum just to have it chopped off by Blue Meanies! LOL.

I myself have bought a bunch of this coin about 2 weeks ago at above 0.0016 btc a couple of weeks ago, it's currently trading around 0.00142 or so, so I can tell you it's still an excellent time to invest.  DarkSend will soon be out of beta and when it is, we expect things will quickly change.

There you have it.  I only want to deliver information, maybe with a little of my own opinion.   I honestly believe in this coin, and hope I come across as a person delivering information and not hype.  If you've read this, I thank you for doing so, and hope you will join us 

I forgot one fact, Evan has added over 10,000 lines of code to the 'ol bitcoin wallet/system.  When Darksend is released, it will be open source but people will not be able to easily just implement the code in their coin, it will take someone with a lot of skill to do so .

Activity: 85
Merit: 10
March 29, 2014, 12:49:29 AM
Fecescoin definitely

I agree, Fecescoin is the shit!
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
March 29, 2014, 12:39:25 AM
add Xedoscoin.
Activity: 28
March 28, 2014, 10:12:18 PM
Keep an eye out for Zeit. POW/POS hybrid which is about to enter its POS phase. Strong community and active devs and a purpose other than "get rich quick." Zeit is a long term investment. About to go through its second block, and the price is still low. So now is the time to buy!
Activity: 309
Merit: 250
confused developer
March 28, 2014, 09:32:48 PM
Fecescoin definitely
Activity: 786
Merit: 1000
March 28, 2014, 09:18:19 PM
Digitalcoin. An established coin approaching its anniversary.
It's fast, no premine, never forked, long term stability, is fairly distributed unlike Quark.

The endless "Quark was not fairly mined" BS really gets old.  It wasn't.  The coin was announced and mined just like many other coins that were released at that same time (June 13, 2013).  It was announced that blocks would be mined at initial rewards of 2048 coins/block halving every 3 weeks.  I mined it with a total of THREE machines running a CPU miner and did so for over 6 months.  Yeah, that was unfair.  

Keep spreading this uninformed FUD just because you read it in another thread though.

Edit:  I do like Digitalcoin, for what it's worth, and have ever since it launched.  Barritus did the best job of a fair launch that had been done at the time, and probably since...

Unfortunately, the fair launch has (arguably) held DGC down ever since.  People can't pump and dump mass amounts like 90% of coins these days, so there is less interest (buzz.)  Hoping it stays strong after the impending altcoin (dotcom) crash.

I'm very excited to see what https://www.cryptoaltex.com/ can do though.  Dat DGC market...
Activity: 389
March 28, 2014, 06:24:24 PM
It's fast, no premine, never forked, long term stability, is fairly distributed unlike Quark.

The endless "Quark was not fairly mined" BS really gets old.  It wasn't.  The coin was announced and mined just like many other coins that were released at that same time (June 13, 2013).  It was announced that blocks would be mined at initial rewards of 2048 coins/block halving every 3 weeks.  I mined it with a total of THREE machines running a CPU miner and did so for over 6 months.  Yeah, that was unfair.  

Keep spreading this uninformed FUD just because you read it in another thread though.

Edit:  I do like Digitalcoin, for what it's worth, and have ever since it launched.  Barritus did the best job of a fair launch that had been done at the time, and probably since...
Activity: 8
March 28, 2014, 06:13:06 PM
Activity: 914
Making Smart Money Work
March 28, 2014, 12:28:53 PM
If value isn't a criteria. Skeincoin. (Skein-SHA256) is innovative enough. just a bit ignored, but a great community. 
Activity: 11
March 28, 2014, 11:18:57 AM
What coin is coming up this weekend or further into the months that looks like it will do well and last?
 Undecided
I would like to make money but would like a coin to last and it would be nice to be on it from the start.
Grin

Any suggestions?
 Wink
March 28, 2014, 11:09:45 AM
Over at Allcrypt, the price of Solarcoin has been slowly rising this whole week.  NOW is the time to get in on it and buy it up and mine it!  Solarcoin (SLR) !

It has gone from 900 satoshi to over 2000 satoshi in the past week!

"Now is the time to get in so i can dump. "

The real time to get in was at 900...
Activity: 955
Merit: 1004
March 28, 2014, 11:04:53 AM
Over at Allcrypt, the price of Solarcoin has been slowly rising this whole week.  NOW is the time to get in on it and buy it up and mine it!  Solarcoin (SLR) !

It has gone from 900 satoshi to over 2000 satoshi in the past week!
Activity: 644
Merit: 251
March 28, 2014, 09:38:11 AM
 Grin
Obviously, the second generation cryptocurrency.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
March 28, 2014, 08:24:48 AM
i think ripple might interest some of you, it's more than just a 'coin', it's a complete payment system with an exchange built in.  you can trade both fiat currency and cryptos in ripple.

anyway, to learn more about it, read here:  http://coinjoint.info/ripple-might-want-pay-attention/ and there are intros and guides here:  https://xrptalk.org/forum/61-faq-and-guides/

there is a charting website as well for traders:  http://www.ripplecharts.com/#/

you can also 'mine' xrp (currency in ripple) via computing for good:  https://www.computingforgood.org/
March 28, 2014, 07:33:02 AM
NXT / QRK / Coin2 / MZC / H2O COin

This shit cracks me up.

"Here's the coins im holding, go buy them."

Nothing special about those coins.

copper member
Activity: 1380
Merit: 504
THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA
March 28, 2014, 06:17:54 AM