Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinWallet.eu Stress Test Cancelled + Bitcoin Giveaway - page 8. (Read 98836 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
I added 4 more GB to my Node yesterday (memory poll is 1.5GB right now). I will resist every second of this stress test, my node will crash over my dead body.

1.5GB? It's that bad? I don't have my node running right now but on tradeblock it's only showing 31MB mempool.
Activity: 230
Merit: 101
It's too hard to receive some free coins at here.
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
Salí para ver
I added 4 more GB to my Node yesterday (memory poll is 1.5GB right now). I will resist every second of this stress test, my node will crash over my dead body.
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
Seems to me that the stress test, also known as Bitcoin Giveaway, has failed to harm the Bitcoin transactions in any way.

While Mem pool is quite large and tx back-log has also grown, it seems that the only back-log are the spam transactions them self.

Real transactions are going through as usual Smiley

I only made one transaction today. It is unconfirmed after 8 hours.

I sent it using "bitcoin-cli sendtoaddress ...", let bitcoin core select its own fee - I think it's meant to use "smart fees" now - and it decided to use a fee of 300 satoshis. FFS.

have my full node online in some days and will also try this out.

in the meantime!
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179
Seems to me that the stress test, also known as Bitcoin Giveaway, has failed to harm the Bitcoin transactions in any way.

While Mem pool is quite large and tx back-log has also grown, it seems that the only back-log are the spam transactions them self.

I sent it using "bitcoin-cli sendtoaddress ...", let bitcoin core select its own fee - I think it's meant to use "smart fees" now - and it decided to use a fee of 300 satoshis. FFS.

The legendary doog even tried!
I think these dust addresses and keys will float around with a balance for a while. It's just not worth the effort to write out a 5 input raw transaction in core just to receive 0.00002 after the 0.00003 in fees. And it's too much work to write out a 100 input raw tx let alone these are filled with 3,000+ inputs.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
That's really a bad time to test those 'smart fees'. The stress test was very successful at increasing the optimal/Kb fee for giving transactions a high priority.

https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC
Optimal Fee / Kb
0.00112178 BTC
And the mempool's size won't go down as well. Maybe this giveaway was just a scapegoat for coinwallet to take the stress test upon themselves.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
Hardware requirement to run a full node is increased however: mine is now using about 1 GB RAM (while meme pool size has decreased already) instead of 350 MB usually... CPU usage seems a little higher as well

Try ZRAM, it might reduce the hardware RAM required: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zram

Activity: 34
Merit: 5

Indeed, not a big deal for the network as a whole in the end Smiley

Hardware requirement to run a full node is increased however: mine is now using about 1 GB RAM (while meme pool size has decreased already) instead of 350 MB usually... CPU usage seems a little higher as well

In any case, that is/was to be expected with network growth
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

does anyone else notice that btct has much "502-bad gateway" today?
imho this stresstest only seems to be a forum stress test Cheesy

bitcoin seems unaffected Wink
Activity: 695
Merit: 500

Activity: 119
Merit: 10
Yeah, I understood, I meant that, use a service asking utxos
Yes, bitcoin-network is a service for this Smiley I did not mean third-party service  Grin
No more hints!  Grin This was my last help!

Interesting... thanks, I'll think about this  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1019
Yes, bitcoin-network is a service for this Smiley I did not mean third-party service  Grin
No more hints!  Grin This was my last help!
Oh... ok, I thought there was a strange way, but utxos are inputs for the transaction, so I have to know and to sign they. You meant that it's not necessary to import a priv key and build a set of available utxos but I knew already that.
I mean that you can transfer this part of work to somebody else.
There are hundreds of persons who already have the set of unspent outputs.
Why not to use their work instead?

legendary
Oh... ok, I thought there was a strange way, but utxos are inputs for the transaction, so I have to know and to sign they. You meant that it's not necessary to import a priv key and build a set of available utxos but I knew already that.
I mean that you can transfer this part of work to somebody else.
There are hundreds of persons who already have the set of unspent outputs.
Why not to use their work instead?
Wow. I know that you'll not explain this, I'm going to research this  Grin
Thanks for this, I cannot imagine there was this way Wink
OK. One hint: ...without retrieving utxo yourself.

Thanks anyway  Wink
legendary
Wow. I know that you'll not explain this, I'm going to research this  Grin
Thanks for this, I cannot imagine there was this way Wink
OK. One hint: ...without retrieving utxo yourself.
Is there a method to create a transaction without retrieve UTXOs?
Yes, there is.

Wow. I know that you'll not explain that, I'm going to research  Grin

Thanks for this, I cannot imagine there was such a way Wink
legendary
Is there a method to create a transaction without retrieve UTXOs?
Yes, there is.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
I am getting this error whenever i try to load sweep the private keys into my wallet..

error: This wallet contains a very large number of small unspent inputs. Ignoring some.

You didn't expect easy free Bitcoins, did you? Importing these private keys will stress test the network itself, and anyone trying to do so is doing Coinwallet's dirty work for them.

Importing the keys will not stress the network, but broadcasting transactions from the UTXOs would.  However, a miner could clear the UTXOs and reap them as fees.  This would ultimately help the network (reduce the UTXO set) and they wouldn't have to broadcast any transactions that would clog the mempool.  The transaction would have to be broadcast to verify the block, but it does not need to take up space in the mempool.
Pages:
Jump to: