Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinWallet.eu Stress Test Cancelled + Bitcoin Giveaway - page 10. (Read 98836 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Does anyone know if CoinWallet are a real company?
I find it a little odd that a UK-based exchange with an English-language website doesn't deal in GBP.
Also, with no AML and a withdrawal option of "Cash in mail" (no verification needed)... are they taking the P?

Any actual members of CoinWallet here?
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Who said that f2pool is helping? They're mining blocks that are far from full while the mempool is still ~150k transaction.
Activity: 32
Merit: 1
These coins cannot be spent without using some custom software (you can't spent them with your ordinary wallet, I tried with Electrum, CPU usage sky-rocketed, I cannot imagine what happened to the Electrum server).
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
dont know From last day my balance reduced from 2 BTC to 0.8 BTC and all balance gone to this address

1aamWKicYga3AN8UgywedHzEG12KbUUJJ

and when try to send any amount all address saying already address has been spent some error coming

Well if you swept those private keys which were posted during "Stress Test" and you didn't transfered those coins to your address this is the case coins are not yours as someone did it faster than you.

Best regards
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
dont know From last day my balance reduced from 2 BTC to 0.8 BTC and all balance gone to this address

1aamWKicYga3AN8UgywedHzEG12KbUUJJ

and when try to send any amount all address saying already address has been spent some error coming
donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1078
Tomorrow’s test will not occur as planned. CoinWallet.eu will not be sending a single transaction. Instead, we will be giving away over 200 Bitcoins to the community. Previous tests have involved splitting bitcoins into hundreds of thousands of tiny outputs. Now, as a gift to the community, all of the private keys that contain those outputs will be posted publicly, making the coins free for the taking.

I think this is genius. Clever thinking....
Activity: 764
I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint
There is merely a larger supply of transactions.

Yes, there's a considerable backlog of dust transactions with low fees. This is fine. They will be dealt with when there's less demand for block space. As said before, "normal" transactions are barely affected. Pay fees / having age helps "normal" transactions getting processed with more priority.

Is this a problem for Bitcoin? Maybe mildly... According to Blocktrail a BTC0.00016675 fee will get your transaction into the next block 80% of the time and a BTC0.00006429 fee will get you in the next 2 blocks 80% of the time. That is what... less than $.05 and $.02 respectively. I don't think that any party making a serious transaction would complain about those transaction costs. For me it would only become troublesome when transaction fees start to approach paypal / cc levels.

TL:DR; I don't see the problem.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124
great way to create positive pr coin wallet, everybody loves you and supports your service...oh wait.

If I was an evil competitor I would user their name for this stress test.

If this were the case, I'd react.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
But now F2Pool got in the game, they spoiled it :/

What happened?

They are clearing a lot of the dust, and including HUGE transaction fees. They probably have ready-made scripts for that.

It's what I would do if I ran a mining pool.

looks like F2Pool are the good guys. how do they do it? what do they get for dust cleaning?

at least coinwallet failed yet again D:

I don't think that they got much. They just jumped in and pretty much helped unclog the network. They scooped up all of the dust (they actually know how, have experts, bots and scripts) so that average users (that don't have a clue after all what they are doing) don't harm the network anymore, unintentionally.

You can say what you want, but we will learn a lot from this so called stress test, I am sure about this. F2Pool are definitely good guys and they were here to help their network!
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006
Delusional crypto obsessionist
great way to create positive pr coin wallet, everybody loves you and supports your service...oh wait.

If I was an evil competitor I would user their name for this stress test.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
They are clearing a lot of the dust, and including HUGE transaction fees. They probably have ready-made scripts for that.

They are also helping the network, which is the opposite of what the members were doing. The members have caused a 141 MB (i.e. 141+ block) delay. Let's just hope that the majority of users have stopped wasting their time while suffocating the network in the process. Luckily normal transactions don't seem to be affected to some extent (if at all).

It's been 24 hours and I see no complaints on twitter from the usual Bitcoin devs nor do I see an uproar on Reddit about block delays.
I would pay zero attention to what you don't see here or on Reddit. lol

The /r/bitcoin is one of the most censored subreddits ever created. I think one mod reported that over 50% of the posts and comments are deleted.
How about we stop that nonsense? I seriously doubt that posts about network delays would be censored. That being said, it looks fine over here. Have you tried sending a transaction with a standard or optimal fee?
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
So that was it, or can we expect another round of private keys? It doesn't seem that this test did any stress except to those newb's wallets who don't understand how to contruct transactions.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

What happened?

looks like F2Pool are the good guys. how do they do it? what do they get for dust cleaning?

at least coinwallet failed yet again D:
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

What happened?

Indeed, they have a good chance of taking those fees through their mining operations.

Funny how people are scrambling over this dust, shame for the load it brings to the network Cheesy
Activity: 618
Go Bitcoin
dont bother....its will just waste ur time...
Activity: 764
I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

What happened?

Activity: 157
Merit: 102
Always remember to be awesome.

What happened?

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

What happened?
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179
So, what, I uploaded a shit ton of these keys, it says I have oodles of btc in my blockchain acc, and I can't do shit with it... Fucking useless I guess, unless anyone has any ideas?

Basically it does not worth the effort, you are most likely to be able to pull out 0.005 bitcoin if you are lucky enough to broadcast a transaction with more than 500 inputs of 0.00001 bitcoin and get it confirmed by some of the nodes, that's $1 but will waste you a couple of hours time
I learned something today.
This experiment showed that several people don't fully understand how bitcoin transactions are constructed and how bitcoin ownership works. Several people seemed to think that 'sweeping' somehow automatically moves the inputs into their address without having to create a transaction. Sweeping does not move any coins and does not change coin ownership. Sweeping is just a layer that certain wallets provide that makes it look like everything has merged into one address when it really has just added a private key to your wallet.

about what wallet you are talking?

usually:
import: import the address in your wallet and dont do any transaction
sweep: move funds in your wallet and forget that privkey

Yes but the transaction still needs to take place. People were sweeping these keys thinking they would automatically have these funds moved to their wallet. The sweep imports the key and then creates a transaction to move the inputs, it's just a layer.
Pages:
Jump to: