Author

Topic: Coinye [KOI/COYE] You can't kill a gayfish. - page 389. (Read 715698 times)

Activity: 299
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
TOTAL AND UTTER COMPLETE SCAM GUYS STAY AWAY

IN the following article both they and the journalist make a few mistakes:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/kanye-west-gets-his-own-virtual-currencythe-coinye-west-9038055.html

Quotes from the Article 1."the online business is not affiliated with Kanye West," 2.They say they can “picture a future where Coinye is used to buy concert tickets, with cryptographically verified virtual tickets.” 3. "They have offered the controversial star 100,000 Coinye ahead of the launch on 11 January" 4. "The company has not provided further details about its operations or how many people are involved in Coinye West."

So... they admitted to pre-mining, reserving stocks, the journalist made a boo boo when he called them out twice for being a business and a company... then they offered Kanye some of the coins, you dont just have access to the Kanye's phone number unless your in the biz... lol what a scam! So many people are going to get duped!

Notice how they say they are Not s PR company, but they dont say they are not a company at all... they just say they are a few guys... this means they are not lying and not being completely honest... I personally think they are a media company or a music firm IMHO.

Lastly a twitter user already caught them amending the total supply figures.. how do they explain that?

Please share above image around. Direct link > http://imgur.com/BnWFLiX

If it looks like a scam and has certain familiar symptoms of a scam then it probably is but the main thing is that miners, traders and devs are going to make money and that's the bottom line.
Activity: 292
Merit: 250
Its just Scrypt, so my hope is that bullshit about using their miner is just for the noobs, and we can still just use cgminer/bfgminer/whatever. All of my rigs are linux, so that will be pretty funny if they only release windows binaries of the miner, and it somehow blocks cgminer from working. I haven't seen any talk of "innovation" going into this, it looks like a normal scrypt clone.

And the rate coins are going to go out at the start is going to be hilarious, it has a 12 hour retarget, so unless they set the starting difficulty high, its going to be insane rate of mined coins for just the first 12 hours.

And people posting "reserved" up to page 5? Really? Smiley

I hope you are right.  What is baffling to me is that nobody but you and I seem to be the only ones that have noticed the red flag flashing brightly.  I would love to get in on the bump and dump but not if I have if I have to risk the security of my computers.
Activity: 150
Haha, Bitcointalk should sell reserved spaces for BTC and make a killing. (Feel free to pay me for the idea Bitcointalk)
Activity: 261
Its just Scrypt, so my hope is that bullshit about using their miner is just for the noobs, and we can still just use cgminer/bfgminer/whatever. All of my rigs are linux, so that will be pretty funny if they only release windows binaries of the miner, and it somehow blocks cgminer from working. I haven't seen any talk of "innovation" going into this, it looks like a normal scrypt clone.

And the rate coins are going to go out at the start is going to be hilarious, it has a 12 hour retarget, so unless they set the starting difficulty high, its going to be insane rate of mined coins for just the first 12 hours.

Activity: 140
ALL my MINERs are prepared and auto target to this COIN on release.  Cool
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Here's where I heard about this, didn't see it linked in the OP:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2533268/Forget-Bitcoin-Kanye-West-inspired-digital-payment-set-launch-January-eBay-plans-roll-virtual-gift-tokens.html

This is pretty funny, great job on the media coverage.
Activity: 140
DAME IT. THIS COULD BE THE ONE THAT CHANGE IT ALL.

MUST MINE !!!!  Grin
Activity: 7
I cant believe Im going to be a part of Coinye, but this coin has soo much hype, that the launch is going to be awesome just to see how solo/pool mining goes for the 1st few hours that Im in for the ride.
Activity: 249
This coin has publicity prelaunch, hold on to your seats boys we're in for a ride`
Activity: 1008
Merit: 500
Bitember is about to release a pool just for Coinye West.

Here is the link http://coye.bitember.com

For now, the registrations are closed. I'll let you know once it opens for public registration.
Activity: 292
The following quote is directly from the www.CoinyeWest.com website.

"How do I get started mining?

If you're brand new the mining, the basic steps will be to choose a pool (we will list these soon) and sign up there. We'll release clear tutorials on how to do this.
Then you'll use our miner program (coinyeminer or gold digger, we arent sure which yet), and enter your username from the pool. We're going to make this SUPER easy - no endless techie configuration stuff. We'll detect what graphics card or computer chip you have and run the program that's best for you, automagically.
Then your COINYEs will go to the pool you chose. The pool will figure out how much percent you contributed to, and split up the 666,666 according to that percent. Then they will automatically send them to your software wallet."

Maybe I'm paranoid but doesn't it scare the hell out of people that we will need to install a custom miner just for this coin?  It just seems to be screaming for something unpleasant to happen to a lot of people's computers that will jump on this.

So Dev's, I have to ask.  Why do we need to use a custom miner?  Having a custom miner for people that don't have any idea how to set up the existing software is great but is it required for everyone to use the custom miner?

Please respond to this because that scares the hell out of me and I'm sure others as well once they realize it is required.

What do you all think?
Activity: 25
TOTAL AND UTTER COMPLETE SCAM GUYS STAY AWAY

IN the following article both they and the journalist make a few mistakes:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/kanye-west-gets-his-own-virtual-currencythe-coinye-west-9038055.html

Quotes from the Article 1."the online business is not affiliated with Kanye West," 2.They say they can “picture a future where Coinye is used to buy concert tickets, with cryptographically verified virtual tickets.” 3. "They have offered the controversial star 100,000 Coinye ahead of the launch on 11 January" 4. "The company has not provided further details about its operations or how many people are involved in Coinye West."

So... they admitted to pre-mining, reserving stocks, the journalist made a boo boo when he called them out twice for being a business and a company... then they offered Kanye some of the coins, you dont just have access to the Kanye's phone number unless your in the biz... lol what a scam! So many people are going to get duped!

Notice how they say they are Not s PR company, but they dont say they are not a company at all... they just say they are a few guys... this means they are not lying and not being completely honest... I personally think they are a media company or a music firm IMHO.

Lastly a twitter user already caught them amending the total supply figures.. how do they explain that?

https://i.imgur.com/BnWFLiX.png

Please share above image around. Direct link > http://imgur.com/BnWFLiX

Activity: 114
How CPU-friendly will this coin be?

I guess - for about 10 minutes.
Activity: 38
Thats great, since the americans only listen to news about famous people and shit like that this coin will explode in value  Grin
Activity: 26
How CPU-friendly will this coin be?
Activity: 56
can someone tell me why this coin gets so much media attention? I really don't get it.  Huh

Someone with serious spondoolies is backing this coin? The amount of articles seems really inorganic.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
can someone tell me why this coin gets so much media attention? I really don't get it.  Huh

Kanye West is a famous american hip-hop artist.
Activity: 322
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
just seen someone selling 1000000 coinye on ebay for 7500 euro.... this is unreal its not even out yet - well planned out scam

WHAT!!!

It's a pre-order which probably means he will either send you the coins after he mines them or not send you the coins at all.
Jump to: