Pages:
Author

Topic: [Collection Thread] Series and films in which Bitcoin (or Altcoins) appear - page 11. (Read 25225 times)

tyz
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1530
Updated opening post with latest Silicon Valley episode. The episode is called "Fifty-One Percent" in which Pied Piper Coin gets attacked by an 51% attack. Preview can be watched on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbHyXGJDcXc
tyz
legendary
I updated the opening post.

Added Silicon Valley Season 5 episode 7 which is named "Initial coin offering" where the guys are trying to do a ICO. Besides that Bitcoin, crypto currencies and Satoshi Nakamoto are covered. Funny episode. See a short compilation of the scenes on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vrQeNNIElM
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
Bitcoin as an elusive form of high-tech money. It might be a good ad but it can also make people think it is a myth and that is something that might come true in the future. Cool
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
It also appeared on The Blacklist, I think it was episode 22 of last season. When a transaction/trade was made using bitcoin. I think at that moment I thought of joining bitcoin and I did afterwards.v
Activity: 574
frankly very many films are a bit telling how bitcoin technology is in use and some even blatantly point out the use of bitcoin and the dangers of having bitcoin so much controversy from some of the outstanding films and getting bitcoin to become famous.
Activity: 336
That's cool! Thanks for the list. I will check Documentaries part.

Really, I never met this list of the movies before. It's tough! By the way, I have found a trailer of a cool Bitcoin movie, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nkXhrwFoME. Documentary.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 595
Tv Shows

Bitcoin has been mentioned in "HomeLand" and "SealTeam" in the current season. I forgot the episode number, sorry.
SealTeam just used the word "Bitcoin" only once after they attacked a poppy farm and recovered millions of dollars.
Activity: 84
That's cool! Thanks for the list. I will check Documentaries part.
tyz
legendary
Updated the collection thread.

Added Silicon Valley, Season 5, Episode 3. The scene where Bitcoin is mentioned can be watched on Youtube. Funny scene indeed.
Bitcoin is Volatile

Documentary: Die Bitcoin-Millionäre (2018) (Arte, German and French only)
Activity: 293
Merit: 10
Thanks for the list of films) Now I know what to watch. I have already watched Mr. Robot but haven't seen others. As for the Simpsons, maybe I was inattentive but I don't remember Bitcoin there.
tyz
legendary
It has been some time since the last update.

In Season 5 of Silicon Valley, the coinbase logo is spotted in the intro. It is a nod to Bitcoin and crypto currencies.

tyz
legendary
Today, I stumbled over an article about an upcoming indie film named "Bitcoin". I read it on MarketWatch.com. The movie is about two brothers in Arizona who stumble across a Bitcoin wallet worth $20 million and try to sell it on the black market. More details on the linked site. As soon as it was relased, I'll add it to the list.

Activity: 144
A Bitcoin sign appears in Deadpool during the first bar scene in the background. I wonder if they will have another reference in the upcoming second film.
Activity: 14
I reviewed a large number of films and TV series, but I do not remember that wherever a saw a sign Bitcoin
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Updated opening post with a recent episode of The Big Bang Theory. The episode aired three days ago (season 11 episode 9) is named "The Bitcoin Entaglement" and deals with Bitcoin (mining). You can watch preview on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr3KLCDAlnU
I went to this topic to write about it, but I was already ahead of) it was really fun...but it seems to me that there is a large number of people with whom it really happened (
Activity: 350
Actually I have not seen any movie showcasing bitcoin neither have I watched any news featuring bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. But I have listened to to one of the local Radio state in my area, in one of their programme they were like analyzing bitcoin and cryptocurrency. I think it would be nice if the movie writers can come up with such idea it would be a nice medium to advertise bitcoin to many people out their.
tyz
legendary
Updated opening post with a recent episode of The Big Bang Theory. The episode aired three days ago (season 11 episode 9) is named "The Bitcoin Entaglement" and deals with Bitcoin (mining). You can watch preview on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr3KLCDAlnU
tyz
legendary
I updated the opening post. I added the following new series and films:

- StartUp Season 2 (Season 3 has recently been announced. Bitcoin will very likely play a role there as well)
- Welt ohne Banken? Die Blockchain Revolution (3Sat, German and French only)
- Bitcoin - Shape the Future (Chinese with English subtitles)

tyz
legendary
Thanks but this was just a single guy which hold a "Buy Bitcoin" sign in the back while Janet Yellen was speaking. I think it is not worth to be listed on the list  Wink

Thanks, can you please give me a screenshot or a youtube link which shows the scene where Bitcoin appears or be mentioned? I do not know the series and I do not want to add videos without having someone which has confirmed it.

Well, I was watching People Of Earth recently and in season 1 episode 8 bitcoin was mentioned.  Roll Eyes You might wanna add to the list or collection.

For everyone who is interested. I found the full film of "Banking on Bitcoin" on Youtube. Check it out here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlvFg4NQYEQ
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1011
Well, I was watching People Of Earth recently and in season 1 episode 8 bitcoin was mentioned.  Roll Eyes You might wanna add to the list or collection.
Pages:
Jump to: