Pages:
Author

Topic: [Collection Thread] Series and films in which Bitcoin (or Altcoins) appear - page 8. (Read 25206 times)

Activity: 906
Merit: 262
Hey guys!! I was just watching the new series of Mr Inglesias on NetFlix and at part 3 episode 5 "the dance" @ 7:45 they are talking about twerking & the character played by actress "Sherri Shepard https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherri_Shepherd says "You can count me out, I hired a cute single DJ and I'm gonna pay him with my own Cryptocurrency... bootycoin..."

I thought this was pretty cool and immediately opened up my laptop to post here.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
I've been watching more series lately (thanks to Corona), but unfortunately none of them featured Bitcoin or cryptocurrencies. Is my impression wrong or are there significantly fewer series than two or three years ago that take up the topic? Do you know new series that deal with Bitcoin or crypto currencies?

I mentioned it in a different topic, but 'Blindspot' (season 5, episode 2) had Bitcoin namedropped by Bill Nye.  Even said he was HODLing (or as least his character was).  It was referenced in earlier episodes too, but I don't recall which ones specifically.

//EDIT:  Might have been season 1 episode 6, but maybe double-check that.

Thanks, I do not know the series Blindspot. If you could find out exactly what season and episode it was in, I would add it to the list. It would also be great if there would be some YouTube snippet I could link to.

It's both episodes. 

Can't find any youtube clips for that particular part of season 1 episode 6, but it's quoted on IMDB.

I'm also 100% certain about season 5 episode 2, since I just rewatched that episode to make sure, heh.

Activity: 1120
Merit: 437
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5274318.0
I have just checked IMDB with the keyword Bitcoin
https://www.imdb.com/search/keyword/?keywords=bitcoin&sort=year,desc&mode=detail&page=1

I found a new movie "Black Bishop" that will be coming soon next year.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3128024/?ref_=kw_li_tt

by reading the synopsis, it could be interesting to watch.

"A white collar of a Major World Bank is involved in illegal financial transactions through the Dark Web, becoming the target of a manhunt to find and kill who has stolen millions of Bitcoins from a strange and hidden Organization who's able to drop the Blockchain."
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1530
I've been watching more series lately (thanks to Corona), but unfortunately none of them featured Bitcoin or cryptocurrencies. Is my impression wrong or are there significantly fewer series than two or three years ago that take up the topic? Do you know new series that deal with Bitcoin or crypto currencies?

I mentioned it in a different topic, but 'Blindspot' (season 5, episode 2) had Bitcoin namedropped by Bill Nye.  Even said he was HODLing (or as least his character was).  It was referenced in earlier episodes too, but I don't recall which ones specifically.

Thanks, I do not know the series Blindspot. If you could find out exactly what season and episode it was in, I would add it to the list. It would also be great if there would be some YouTube snippet I could link to.
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged

tyz
legendary
Activity: 906
Merit: 262
I was watching a movie the other day called "hustle" it is about scam cons and scam artists. In it, the one girl owns half a million dollars worth of bitcoin and talks about it many times throughout the movie.
It was pretty cool  Cheesy

as a fan of the big bang theory series, I think that this series is the closest representation of us (at least me).
they are nerds, tech geeks, and enthusiasts.
I believe that the early members of this forum were here because of the technology too, they were enthusiastic about a new thing.
you guys, should watch that series.

Everyone should watch the big bang theory it's so good. I love it! Lol then that dumb ass solt it on the batman memory stick for a few $$ HAHAHAHA!!!
tyz
legendary
What about mentions of Bitcoin in the 2019-2020 year? Did anyone notice anything?

Billions season 5, almost every episode.

Thanks, this is one of the next series which is on my to-watch-list. I have heard that Bitcoin plays a bigger role in the series. I will add it when I am watching it, so I can accurately document the episodes and the passages in the particular sequence where Bitcoin is mentioned.
Activity: 314
Merit: 121
Vires in numeris
What about mentions of Bitcoin in the 2019-2020 year? Did anyone notice anything?

Billions season 5, almost every episode.
tyz
legendary
Thanks for reporting! I am going to add it to the list Smiley Do you know the season and episode of this snippet or is it a movie?

Cool! That's a TV series, 1st season is actually pretty good. The episode that mentions bitcoin is the 1st of the 1st season (S01E01).

Thanks for the information. I added it to the list Smiley

Curious! just last night doing zaping I just stopped to watch a channel just when it read "coinout" and the individual on screen said "the money in physical is going to disappear" to which Mark Cuban replied "not even the most staunch followers of bitcoin believe that..."

Now surfing the forum I get this post, I really could have written down the episode and the season, but I let it go, although if I can tell you that the program is Shark Tank.

__
...//...
        :
Shark Tank. Season:? episode:?. Mark Cuban. Channel SONY.

I know Shark Tank. But without more information about the episode and season I could not add it.

Netflix, Queen of the South. Season 3 Ep1 she uses it for money transfers (Drug Money) but gets into trouble with guy running the operation in Malta. Technically a bit iffy but shows the strengths of instant trusted money transfers.

Can you provide a Youtube snippet or so?

I've noticed that too. The peak of mentions of Bitcoin in series seems to have been 2017 and 2018. Since then there are only a few series or movies.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Netflix, Queen of the South. Season 3 Ep1 she uses it for money transfers (Drug Money) but gets into trouble with guy running the operation in Malta. Technically a bit iffy but shows the strengths of instant trusted money transfers.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 2748
LE ☮︎ Halving es la purga
Curious! just last night doing zaping I just stopped to watch a channel just when it read "coinout" and the individual on screen said "the money in physical is going to disappear" to which Mark Cuban replied "not even the most staunch followers of bitcoin believe that..."

Now surfing the forum I get this post, I really could have written down the episode and the season, but I let it go, although if I can tell you that the program is Shark Tank.

__
...//...
        :
Shark Tank. Season:? episode:?. Mark Cuban. Channel SONY.
Vires in numeris
Thanks for reporting! I am going to add it to the list Smiley Do you know the season and episode of this snippet or is it a movie?

Cool! That's a TV series, 1st season is actually pretty good. The episode that mentions bitcoin is the 1st of the 1st season (S01E01).
tyz
legendary
There's a bitcoin reference in the very first episode of Future Man :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rTcnXPesxs

And there are A LOT of crypto references in the 5th season of Billions. Axelrod has invested in a mine which gets closed by the authorities and his son uses his school's electricity to try and mine some crypto.

Thanks for reporting! I am going to add it to the list Smiley Do you know the season and episode of this snippet or is it a movie?

There is also: "United Colors of Bitcoin" (on youtube).

Did a quick search. Do you mean this short documentary? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6sOFXHlhuE

as a fan of the big bang theory series, I think that this series is the closest representation of us (at least me).
I believe that the early members of this forum were here because of the technology too, they were enthusiastic about a new thing.

I am a fan of Big Bang Theory. But with the exception of one episode (which is already in the list) the series does not deal with Bitcoin and crypto currencies, although one might expect this from nerds more often.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 437
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5274318.0
legendary
Activity: 1115
Merit: 1016
ASMR El Salvador
There is also: "United Colors of Bitcoin" (on youtube).
Vires in numeris
There's a bitcoin reference in the very first episode of Future Man :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rTcnXPesxs

And there are A LOT of crypto references in the 5th season of Billions. Axelrod has invested in a mine which gets closed by the authorities and his son uses his school's electricity to try and mine some crypto.
tyz
legendary
Added Season 1 and 2 of Netflix' series "How to sell drugs online (fast)".

Netflix Trailer S1
Netflix Trailer S2

It's a series about normal guys who are going to build up an international drug sale on the dark web from their child's room. While in the first season, Bitcoin and crypto currencies plays only a minor role, it becomes a main role in the second season.
tyz
legendary
1. Blackhat - A Hacker based movie where hacker used BTC as their payment method.
2. Hacker - There they also used it.
3. Unfriended Dark Web

Could not find any hint on the web that Bitcoin is mentioned in these movies. Can you provide more information like where it is mentioned (at what point in the film) or do you know any Youtube clips?
tyz
legendary
After not updating the thread at all for a long time and only sporadically in the past months, I will now do regular updates again if there are new movies and series.

Bitcoin is mentioned in the 3rd season of the series Person of Interest, at least twice in the "plane episode" (13). Its also mentioned in a previous episode, some guy made "a million and a half in bitcoin".

Thanks, but this is already mentioned in the list.
He probably talks about this episode :
The Good Wife, Season 5 Episode 20. the Silk Road case.  > https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3683150/

Thanks! Added the episode of The Good Wife to the list.

Bitcoin was a part of a sub plot in the HBO series Euphoria where one of the characters asks how it works so she can start accepting it for online payments. They at least briefly sum it up fairly well to the laymen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nQG6soZa0E

Bitcoin was also very briefly mentioned on the Netlix series Safe, but it was just a passing comment and not really related to anything. I had to turn the subtitles on because I wasn't even 100% sure he said bitcoin but just coins, but the subtitles confirmed it. It was in episode 5 at around 19:08: https://www.netflix.com/title/80201500

Thanks! Added Euphoria and Safe episode.

I just watched the 2020 film Fantasy Island. Not a great movie, but they mentioned bitcoin at around 31.43. Another only brief mention in passing but still nice to see bitcoin entering the minds of screenwriters. I wonder when we'll start to see some films based around or heavily involved with bitcoin.

Thanks again! Added Fantasy Island too.
Pages:
Jump to: