Pages:
Author

Topic: Colored Coins and Coinprism takes Bitcoin to a whole new level - page 6. (Read 11105 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 2
Congrats on getting the site up and running.  Colored coins are very exciting.  

I couldn't find a donation address for your project.  Do donations sent to http://coloredcoins.org/donate/ help fund work on Coinprism?

Thanks Peter!

That page would not go to Coinprism. If you want to help specifically Coinprism, please donate to the following Bitcoin address 13S5HJP3k4eESAnzv8gJffd2Yr4ath1tm9
Thanks for your support!
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007
Coinprism, are you affiliated with https://www.coinprism.com ?  

Yes, this is our official account.

Congrats on getting the site up and running.  Colored coins are very exciting.  

I couldn't find a donation address for your project.  Do donations sent to http://coloredcoins.org/donate/ help fund work on Coinprism?

Coinprism, are you affiliated with https://www.coinprism.com

Is there a formal publicly-visible mechanism to remove the color from a coin, or is it up to the issuer to keep track of redemptions?

Does the open-assets protocol support coinjoin transactions?  If the answer is "yes," this means that two entities that don't trust each other could trade colored coins for bitcoins without an escrow service.  This would be very useful. 

Yes, this is our official account.

And, yes open assets is compatible with coinjoin.

Here is the public information page that is automatically generated when you color coins to issue a digital asset (I filled in the data and provided the symbol for my worthless tokens (WTK)):

But what I think is missing is the number of WTK outstanding.  I believe it should be public knowledge how many WTK are outstanding, correct?  I'd like to see this here on the information page.   

If someone uncolors their WTK, could the amount outstanding automatically decrement (assuming the uncoloring process is defined by the open-assets protocol)?

You are right, this information can be extracted from the blockchain (increasing when the coin is issued, decreasing when it is uncolored). At the moment there is no easy way to see that information, but we will be building a block explorer that gives various stats about colored coins (like units outstanding).
Activity: 333
Merit: 252
the obligatory 0.0001 transaction fee is a bit of a pita for playing around with these colored coins,
which are only 0.000006 each

It's not compulsory by Coinprism. You can send with none, but I don't know how fast it will be sent if at all. We can try sending it with 0.00001 BTC (1/10th of the suggested fee).
anyway  I can't do anything with my 1000 owl unless I deposit more money at coinprism.
oh well. I wouldn't call it a majour problem, it just prevents me from fooling around with the coins.
I have a  doubt

Scenario:

I create 1000 colored bonds and sell it.

Q: How the bond holders can verify the total emission and that I don't emit more and more bonds?

You can check this by looking at the Blockchain, as every issuance and transfer are simple Bitcoin transactions.

We will build a color-aware block explorer that will allow you to do just that.
Activity: 266
Merit: 257
Enthusiast
the obligatory 0.0001 transaction fee is a bit of a pita for playing around with these colored coins,

It's not compulsory by Coinprism. You can send with none, but I don't know how fast it will be sent if at all. We can try sending it with 0.00001 BTC (1/10th of the suggested fee).
legendary

0.0001 BTC is only four and a half cents ($0.045).  The transaction fee is a deterrent from creating a bunch of spam transactions, so it is a very good thing.  

In a practical setting, the value of the "color" transferred should be much larger than the transaction fee.  The fact that only 6 bits actually got sent is not the point.  The point was to transfer ownership of the digital assets.  

It typically costs over $100 to transfer assets such as shares between brokerage accounts--that's at least 2000 times more expensive than transferring shares using open-assets.  
Activity: 333
Merit: 252
legendary
Here is the public information page that is automatically generated when you color coins to issue a digital asset (I filled in the data and provided the symbol for my worthless tokens (WTK)):

But what I think is missing is the number of WTK outstanding.  I believe it should be public knowledge how many WTK are outstanding, correct?  I'd like to see this here on the information page.  

If someone uncolors their WTK, could the amount outstanding automatically decrement (assuming the uncoloring process is defined by the open-assets protocol)?
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
@bleeprepeat
OWL Received !!

I received my OWL too!

I want to test sending both of you some of my worthless tokens (WTK) but I don't seem to be able to.  Perhaps the wallet needs to wait for several confirmations (as I just issued these worthless tokens 10 min ago).  

Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
interesting project, i will watch it.
legendary
OWL Received !!

I received my OWL too!

I want to test sending both of you some of my worthless tokens (WTK) but I don't seem to be able to.  Perhaps the wallet needs to wait for several confirmations (as I just issued these worthless tokens 10 min ago).  
Enthusiast
OK, I created my own colored coins called "Worthless Tokens" with ticker symbol WTK.

But I can't figure out how to send them to someone (for example to bish5555's Coinprism wallet that he posted above).  Any ideas?

Haha, I will destroy the idea of WTK by offering 0.001 BTC per WTK! Smiley
Enthusiast
Sure, I'll bite.  I created a CoinPrism wallet and was assigned the address: 1DAXAwYFencj3CXWhcjUg6Fvo3JhjRxrev

So are OwlCoins redeemable for anything real or are they just for experimentation? Smiley

I am still interested in the answers to these two questions:

1.  Does the open-assets protocol have a formal and publicly-visible method for an issuer to remove the color from a coin?

2.  Can colored coins using the open-assets protocol be traded via coinjoin transactions?

Sent it.

1. I think so, when you send it to a new address without the meta tag it becomes uncolored (recycled). I think that's what Coinprism does when it uncolors.

2. Sorry, I don't know.
@bleeprepeat
legendary
OK, I created my own colored coins called "Worthless Tokens" with ticker symbol WTK.

But I can't figure out how to send them to someone (for example to bish5555's Coinprism wallet that he posted above).  Any ideas?
@bleeprepeat
Hi iraszl,

Would love some Owl Coins!!  Shocked

Coinprism Wallet:

1K2PHavCypCg75VENQYKYuV2c5THz6iZ6H
legendary
If anybody wants I can send 1,000 Owl Coins as a test.

It's a Colored Coin that runs on Bitcoin network and the Open Assets protocol.

You will effectively receive 600 Satoshis carrying the Colored Coin meta data.

In order to be able to receive the Colored Coins correctly you need to have a bitcoin address / wallet that understands the Open Assets protocol. In practice this means you need to create an account at Coinprism.com and then give me the address it created for you.

Sure, I'll bite.  I created a CoinPrism wallet and was assigned the address: 1DAXAwYFencj3CXWhcjUg6Fvo3JhjRxrev

So are OwlCoins redeemable for anything real or are they just for experimentation? Smiley

I am still interested in the answers to these two questions:

1.  Does the open-assets protocol have a formal and publicly-visible method for an issuer to remove the color from a coin?

2.  Can colored coins using the open-assets protocol be traded via coinjoin transactions?

Enthusiast

If anybody wants I can send 1,000 Owl Coins as a test.

It's a Colored Coin that runs on Bitcoin network and the Open Assets protocol.

You will effectively receive 600 Satoshis carrying the Colored Coin meta data.

In order to be able to receive the Colored Coins correctly you need to have a bitcoin address / wallet that understands the Open Assets protocol. In practice this means you need to create an account at Coinprism.com and then give me the address it created for you.
Enthusiast
I am not sure how much bitcoin you actually need to make it work, but I assume it is larger than the dust limit but still quite small.  I would like more clarification here too.  

Yes, the dust limit in Bitcoin is now lowered to 540 Satoshi (at Bitcoin v 0.9) from 5,400. In Coinprism it was rounded up to 600 Satoshis. This the amount used to send the transaction and carry your Colored Coins.

It doesn't matter if you send 1 or 10,000 colored coins, you are still technically sending 600 Satoshis to the recipient.
Pages:
Jump to: