Pages:
Author

Topic: COMPLETED: Request for an RPC capable fork of cgminer (155 BTC pledged and paid) - page 2. (Read 19174 times)

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
@DeathAndTaxes

Thanks man, you're one of the few then who understands how I feel. Don't take all the responsibility and kill yourself over it though.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Still missing some of the bounty  Undecided

Who hasn't paid yet?

Owed to Kano for standalone project:
  • ThiagoCMC - 5 BTC

Owed to ckolivas for mainline integration:
  • Chefnet - 15 BTC

Unless my accounting is wrong it is just Chefnet (Thiago looks to be "paying" or intends to pay in next couple days.  I will wait for an update from Kano).

I sent a PM to Chefnet same day as Thiago but got no response from him.  I asked him to either pay or issue reason for non-payment in the thread.  He has done neither.  He has logged in multiple times, the latest on 12/29 so I have to assume he has seen the PM and simply ignored it.

Chefnet responded on 1/3/2012.  He was without internet.

I feel bad. Sad  Developers deserve compensation, especially promised compensation. If anyone feels this project (now integrated into mainline) has merit and it is wrong that ckolivas hasn't been compensated for all his hard work then please make a donation to his donation address and post in this thread.  I am sure in the cgminer userbase we can find 15 people to donate 1 (or more) BTC each to make up the deficit.

Sure you can tell yourself "I don't need to pay, I didn't make that pledge", but the end result is still that ckolivas is the one who loses.  As a developer myself I will let everyone in on a secret.  Developers who feel under appreciated tend to not develop.  Angry  Developers start up doing something for fun, and 20 versions later the fun is mostly gone.  They then keep "going" because they feel the project is good and don't want it to die.  A donation shows your appreciation and keeps the project alive.  So if you feel RPC support is worthwhile and has the potential for really cool stuff in the future (which I think it does) then show your support and donate 1 BTC right now.  Let me know in this thread as I will make sure ckolivas gets the full pledge one way or another.

I'll start.  1 BTC sent to 148KkS2vgVi4VzUi4JcKzM2PMaMVPi3nnq
(txn ID: db281024dbbfa2b06aa4644dd2b7d865fbc5526bdaca68025b2dbf7e68293a58)

14 to go ...

I would like to see ckolivas receive the full compensation promised (even if it doesn't come from the person(s) who made the promise).
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Still missing some of the bounty  Undecided

Who hasn't paid yet?

From top post:

Pledged so far (any additional limits/requirements marked):
* DeathAndTaxes - 30 BTC (+5 BTC more if integrated into the mainline instead of a fork )
* Red Emerald - 10 BTC (+5 BTC more if integrated into the mainline instead of a fork)  
* gnar1ta$ - 10 BTC (+5 BTC more if integrated into the mainline instead of a fork )
* Chefnet -  (+15 BTC only if integrated into the mainline instead of a fork)

Unpaid: 5 BTC (15 BTC for integration into mainline)
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
BitMinter
Hey Thiago

No payment has been made so far. Let me know when i can help.
Activity: 349
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1204
฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!
If you can't wait, let me know. Wink

Turbor, have you paid him for me!?!  ^_^

If not, I would like to pay that... In a couple days.

5 BTC to Kano at 1LPbuDSPT4DdYbwiqAVWDJm2sHHuh6PnqB ?

Right?!

Thank you guys!!
Thiago
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I wish javascript could talk over plain TCP Sockets... Sad

A simple web client cannot query cgminer on 4028 directly.  This is too bad.  I was really hoping that I could write a simple index.html that could query any cgminer instance without having to add anything to the server running cgminer.

For now it looks like I will use my python script to proxy calls so that an ajax request can get them.

Minor adjustment of what you said: You need to add to the server running the web page.

If the web page is on the miner - then you can add php as easily as you added the web server.
(and if you didn't install the web server, but someone else did - ask them why they forgot php)

A simple web server that serves just html is way lighter weight than installing PHP. My miner doesn't have the space for much at all since its running off a USB stick. It barely had the space for the tiny python site I made.

I was planning on using phonegap to make a monitor app.  This creates an app that is just an html and javascript page running right on the smartphone. I wanted the phonegap app to directly query the cgminer instance.

Instead, I am querying a small website that is running on the miner.  I've setup my site so it can run anywhere though.  It also has some basic caching and can add authentication or any number of things pretty easily. This is probably better than querying cgminer directly anyways.

I'll likely move this over to my actual webserver and set --api-network since litecoin mining is making the site sometimes unresponsive. I'll also get it running on port 80.

Right now the site is super minimal.  I'm probably going to use backbone and jquery mobile to make a really easy to use page.  Maybe even play around with image generation to make sigs (although we can't use images here anymore Sad )
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

A simple web client cannot query cgminer on 4028 directly.  This is too bad.  I was really hoping that I could write a simple index.html that could query any cgminer instance without having to add anything to the server running cgminer.

For now it looks like I will use my python script to proxy calls so that an ajax request can get them.

Minor adjustment of what you said: You need to add to the server running the web page.

If the web page is on the miner - then you can add php as easily as you added the web server.
(and if you didn't install the web server, but someone else did - ask them why they forgot php)

A simple web client cannot query cgminer on 4028 directly.  This is too bad.  I was really hoping that I could write a simple index.html that could query any cgminer instance without having to add anything to the server running cgminer.

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Still missing some of the bounty  Undecided
Hi!

Guys, how much will cost to add support for Scrypt (Litecoin mining) to cgminer (maybe cgminer-cpuonly)?

Of course, based on: https://github.com/pooler/cpuminer

10 BTC?

So, with only one cgminer instance, we can find Bitcoin/Namecoin and Litecoin blocks!

But keeping the option to mine for Bitcoins using cgminer-cpuonly too, if user wish that...

Best!
Thiago
You should probably make a new thread for this since it has nothing to do with RPC.  My hopes for litecoin are low, but this would still be an interesting idea.

You would also likely need the CPU mining to be on a different pool, so this request will likely require more than just scrypt support.

It would be nice if the RPC had a "help" command that output available commands along with a short description of what they do just like bitcoind does.
legendary
Hi!

Guys, how much will cost to add support for Scrypt (Litecoin mining) to cgminer (maybe cgminer-cpuonly)?

Of course, based on: https://github.com/pooler/cpuminer

10 BTC?

So, with only one cgminer instance, we can find Bitcoin/Namecoin and Litecoin blocks!

But keeping the option to mine for Bitcoins using cgminer-cpuonly too, if user wish that...

Best!
Thiago
legendary
Hi!

I would love to support this... I can give 5 BTCs now.

And I have a suggestion:

1- Identify a GPU by its "device ID" (possible?);
 2- Configuration of each GPU based on its ID;
 3- A different "pool / login / worker" per device (fixed by its ID).

This way, no matter if a GPU is GPU0 or GPU1, the ID will be the same, so its own configurations...

This can be usefull if we change a GPU slot or add/remove GPUs from a machine.

It can works more or less like Linux file system UUID, with it, no matter if the device is sda or sdb, the FS UUID will be always the same and the file system will be mounted without any problem if you change the disk connection.

Best,
Thiago

Hi!

How to use that?!
 I'll pay! Of course...
 Thank you!!

Best,
Thiago
Just sent my 5 to 148KkS2vgVi4VzUi4JcKzM2PMaMVPi3nnq

Thanks again.  I'll post something that actually uses this soon.  Is anyone else who pledged (or not) actually using the RPC yet?
donator
Activity: 798
Sorry for the confusion. Sent one transaction and PM instead of posting. Looks like it's sorted out. Thanks again to Kano and ckolivas for the work.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
gnar1ta$ has paid 5 BTC + 5 extra for general cgminer dev. Therefore 10/30 of this bounty has been paid, thanks.
donator
Gerald Davis
Since code is now in the mainline and planned for next official version once tested I would like to wrap up this thread/project and lock it.

Already paid:
  • DeathAndTaxes - 30 BTC (+5 BTC more for integration into the mainline)
  • Gigasvps - 30 BTC
  • Tnkflx - 30 BTC
  • abracadabra - 10 BTC
  • Red Emerald - 10 BTC (+5 BTC more for integration into mainline)
  • gnar1ta$ - 10 BTC (+10 BTC more for integration into the mainline)

Owed to Kano for standalone project:
  • ThiagoCMC - 5 BTC

Owed to ckolivas for mainline integration:
  • Red Emerald - 5 BTC
  • gnar1ta$ - 5 BTC
  • Chefnet - 15 BTC

ckolivas says another 10 BTC has been paid but looking at block explorer it came from a single address so it matches no existing pledge.
 Update:  It was gnar1ta$, he paid beyond his pledge.

If you have paid please update the thread.  
If you have not yet paid on your pledge please do so promptly as the code is functional and integrated so further delays are not warranted.
If you have no intention on fulfilling your pledge please indicate your reason why.

Thank You,
Death & Taxes.
donator
Gerald Davis
Received, thanks Smiley
Well, I got half the 30 BTC bounty, thanks! 15 to go...

If you update the thread w/ person(s) who have paid the pledges I will update the first post.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
As soon as I am paid for today's mining, I'll send you my 5 Smiley

I've compiled your 2.0.9 and it hasn't crashed on me yet Cheesy  I haven't really done anything with the RPC yet though. Maybe tomorrow on the train I'll get a little something written.
Thanks. Do be aware 2.0.9 is a development release and I won't be releasing an "official" version till I'm sure it all works fine. There was a race on longpoll switch that has been a bitch to nail down but I hope I'm there now. Also, a fried motherboard in my main miner will significantly slow down the final release  Undecided
As soon as I am paid for today's mining, I'll send you my 5 Smiley

I've compiled your 2.0.9 and it hasn't crashed on me yet Cheesy  I haven't really done anything with the RPC yet though. Maybe tomorrow on the train I'll get a little something written.
Pages:
Jump to: