Pages:
Author

Topic: COMPLETED: Request for an RPC capable fork of cgminer (155 BTC pledged and paid) - page 4. (Read 19174 times)

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Super awesome.  The best of both worlds.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
OK 'z' version is up on my git
If the request sent starts with '{' it is assumed to be JSON and sends a JSON reply
otherwise same as before.

Code: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Downloads: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer/downloads
(obviously in downloads, the filenames with 'z' in them)
legendary
JSON might be a while, got 2 client calls just after I posted that 'z' comment Sad
Should be done by tonight though (it's midday here in Aus now)
Activity: 956
Merit: 1001
Anyone running this on windows?  What are you using to serve the miner.php?
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Any ETA for JSON?  The python parse script in this thread doesn't work properly and I started to write my own, but it got pretty ugly.  I want to play around with monit kind of like how BAMT does.
legendary
Thanks gigasvps Smiley
Bounty received.
(working on 2.0.8z now ...)
vip
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
AKA: gigavps
Hi Kano, just sent my 30 btc to 1LPbuDSPT4DdYbwiqAVWDJm2sHHuh6PnqB via transaction id 2745910cf076dd5087a1d21c8760bb5f17f8cb60937fa180f785b9a980657fa7

http://blockchain.info/address/d4b0ac9fb41430891cccf8a6de096a10b48e8aea

Thanks for all of the hard work. Can't wait to see this integrated into BAMT.

Activity: 349
Merit: 250
Thanks to both of you also - Red Emerald and tnkflx.
Received both of your bounties.
Heh funny in one day I've already received more BTC than I have received in total since I started in July ... and there's still more to go Smiley

I just had to point out to them that you had done the work and there was no point procrastinating any further...

We all listen to Con! ;-)
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Heh funny in one day I've already received more BTC than I have received in total since I started in July ... and there's still more to go Smiley

I just had to point out to them that you had done the work and there was no point procrastinating any further...
legendary
Activity: 349
Merit: 250
@Kano

30 BTC sent to 1LPbuDSPT4DdYbwiqAVWDJm2sHHuh6PnqB

It is coming from one of my exchange account so I have no idea what address it will be sent from.  Thanks for all the good work so far.

I keep good on my promises, so 30 BTC has been sent to your account ;-) Thanks for all the hard work!
Just got the miner compiled.  As soon as I get an RPC command sent, I'll send you the bounty.

Then I'll probably start working on a fork that uses JSON so that devs won't have to write their own parsers.
LOL - you didn't read my posts?
Since you're a bounty payer and you seem to want JSON also, I'll just do that next.
(I've already said that as an option before but no one bothered to reply ... ... ...)

Of course it will be done the simplest way:
If the string sent over the socket starts with '{' then I'll assume it's JSON and reply with a JSON string.
If the string sent doesn't start with '{' then it's the same as it is now with the same simpler reply.

As for doing your own fork ... you do realise what you are in for if you do that?
Do you use windows or was your fork just going to ignore that?

Edit: P.S. the basic parser is already written in 3 languages, so "devs" shouldn't have any issues ... ...

Github makes forking really easy.  I don't think that the JSON code would have anything platform specific, so don't know how being on windows would make a difference.

Although if you want to do it, that would be even better since you already know this part of the code.

The string that gets returned isn't consistent. "STATUS=S" starts the first section, but "SUMMARY" starts the second.

EDIT: I just sent 10BTC to the address in your sig.
legendary
Just got the miner compiled.  As soon as I get an RPC command sent, I'll send you the bounty.

Then I'll probably start working on a fork that uses JSON so that devs won't have to write their own parsers.
LOL - you didn't read my posts?
Since you're a bounty payer and you seem to want JSON also, I'll just do that next.
(I've already said that as an option before but no one bothered to reply ... ... ...)

Of course it will be done the simplest way:
If the string sent over the socket starts with '{' then I'll assume it's JSON and reply with a JSON string.
If the string sent doesn't start with '{' then it's the same as it is now with the same simpler reply.

As for doing your own fork ... you do realise what you are in for if you do that?
Do you use windows or was your fork just going to ignore that?

Edit: P.S. the basic parser is already written in 3 languages, so "devs" shouldn't have any issues ... ...
Just got the miner compiled.  As soon as I get an RPC command sent, I'll send you the bounty.

legendary
Thanks DeathAndTaxes and gnar1ta$ got both of yours.
OK so I better update the docs first today Smiley
(yeah I forgot that needs to be done next before anything else)
donator
Gerald Davis
30 BTC sent to 1LPbuDSPT4DdYbwiqAVWDJm2sHHuh6PnqB

It is coming from one of my exchange account so I have no idea what address it will be sent from.  Thanks for all the good work so far.
legendary
Yep sig is fine - just post or PM me so I know who it came from.
No worries about the time as long as I get paid if I've done what's required.
Though waiting longer seems to be making the bounty worth more Cheesy Cheesy (BTC is now worth more)

I mainly just want to get it into ckolivas' git so I can work on it on a proper fork of his git and also sort if there are any problems he finds with what I've done and fix them.
Even from my point of view there's more that I'll do (and I've already got the extra interface programs and PHP web page written as everyone already knows)

Though the next thing I will probably do is look at the cgminer shutdown code (which may get rid of the windows crash)

Then add more API stuff to send more commands to cgminer (e.g. GPU settings etc)
donator
Activity: 798
I have no problem paying out on the progress made, just need an address - sig address ok Kano?
donator
Gerald Davis
Kano has been very responsive and quick to develop this, but very few have tested it, and no one has paid him yet. I quite like what I see so far.

I apologize for this.  I was gone of vacation and since coming back I have been overwhelmed at work.  I just don't have the time to put the code through its paces.  However based on my limited testing I am going to pay out my portion of the bounty now.  Kano shouldn't be penalized due to a lack of testing.

I anticipate if any issues are discovered after payment Kano has sufficient incentive to resolve them in order to collect rest of bounty.  I sent a PM to Kano to verify the address he wants payment at.  Once I get that I will payout 30 BTC.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Kano has been very responsive and quick to develop this, but very few have tested it, and no one has paid him yet. I quite like what I see so far.
Pages:
Jump to: