Pages:
Author

Topic: *Conclusion* Faster block coins only get 60% of estimated reward - page 2. (Read 2893 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
yup, I noticed this too when I tried mining WDC, the thing is it's blocktime is 15 seconds, so naturally you'll want expiry and scantime bellow that, but not all the way down as you put it.
I have it set up (in .conf file) to: scantime (-s) : 10, and expiry (-E): 15 and it works pretty fine (didn't calculate the percentage yet)

Quee (-q) setting should be set to 0  for p2pool and 1 for other pools, not sure for solo.

If you remove the settings completely, the revert to default (-s 60 -E 120 -q 2) which is not good for WDC   
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
PROBLEM SOLVED:

After about one hour of mining with the following settings removed:

-s 1 -E 1 -q 0

I am now getting 87% of my projected earnings. So with PPLNS and pool luck (smaller pool), I would say calculations are spot on.
Look at that, I already grabbed 2.6 coins in the last 20 minutes, which is right on track with calculations.

So it looks as though I may just be an idiot after all (which is usually the case).

Anywho, Go Worldcoin!

Will report more as time goes on.
Ps, cute picture, where can I buy some FUD Weiners?   Cheesy
This honestly wasn't an attempt at FUD, that's just not my style.

Whether or not some of these posts from other users is FUD, that's for you to decide.

I may just be a newb here that didn't understand that he needed to delete his low difficulty solo mining settings.

Anywho, I'll update this thread when I find out more. Cheers!
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
back up the FUD truck we have a full load in this thread.

Activity: 1395
Merit: 505
I have also established a no fee p2pool for WDC

http://107.20.187.147:9500/static/

The pool is only experiencing about 5% orphans to the WDC network so might be a good bet if you want to mine that coin

Running these pools on dedicated servers so should be able to handle high load easily my DGC one is running about 100 mh/s and peaked at nearly 160 mh/s

Not much mh/s yet on the WDC one but I'm hoping it ramps up soon
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Go and try those coins yourself... 40% lol
Activity: 224
I have 10,000khs and I've noticed that WDC (several of their pools) and DGC all the ones listed, I've tested them all.  They all seem to pay around 60% of the stated rate.  So It's not imaginary.  Initially I thought it was just my settings, but I've tried them all and moved around.  Same results.  The two coins seem to orphan a lot!  They both started out with a lot of orphans on the first day.  Like 90% oprhans, and now they are still producing orphans.

I set my miners to Litecoin and It's almost accurate to the teeth.

Must be the crap code in WDC and DGc, can't all be the same in every pool.
Activity: 781
Merit: 501
time to resolve block base on total network hashrate  Wink
Activity: 182
fml
I wonder. The calculation for how many coins you get per day, is this assuming your finding a block, every 15 seconds? I'll gotta keep a closer eye on it now.
coinchoose.com is a scam, they co-operate with scam coins to cheat the newbie  Angry

I'm going to let someone else have this one.
Activity: 781
Merit: 501
coinchoose.com is a scam, they co-operate with scam coins to cheat the newbie  Angry
Activity: 63
I had the same issue with WDC I used one of the stratum pools with lots of hash power and got around 30% stales, same with p2pool, I then joined a pool with a server close to my geographic location and stales are below 1% also i'm getting more coins (with difficulty taken into account) in addition, make sure you lower the intensity on your cards, I 18 seems to work great for my 7950's as well as 6950's,
interesting, i just grabbed this line from one of the P2Pools forum post

*Note: If you are having payout issues, consider running your miners WITHOUT any expiry, queue or share difficulty tweaks at the end of your wallets.

i'll have to try this and test some more.

anyways thanks for the responses, yall can let this one die for now.
fml
I've always preferred the p2pool's when available.  I have one for DGC that has been up more or less continuously since the early days of the coin:

http://54.227.253.120:9500/static/

I hear Vern's pools are great but my luck, overall, has been hit and miss with the push pools
See, it was the opposite for me. I ran into problems, of not getting paid at all, because my slower miner, wasn't able to submit shares quick enough, to the P2Pools. Maybe now that I've upgraded to 1100 KH/sec, I won't have that problem anymore...
fml
Could this possibly be a problem with these settings i have in cgminer?

-s 1 -E 1 -q 0

Huh

Could be. I don't have those settings in my bat file. Not even sure what those settings do, tbh.
Could this possibly be a problem with these settings i have in cgminer?

-s 1 -E 1 -q 0

Huh
Activity: 1395
Merit: 505
I've always preferred the p2pool's when available.  I have one for DGC that has been up more or less continuously since the early days of the coin:

http://54.227.253.120:9500/static/

I hear Vern's pools are great but my luck, overall, has been hit and miss with the push pools
I'm not the only one, look at this thread on BigVern's WDC Pool Forum:

http://forum.litebonk.com/index.php?topic=604.0
Pages:
Jump to: