Pages:
Author

Topic: Conor McGregor vs Manny Pacquiao - page 18. (Read 3405 times)

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535
January 20, 2020, 04:34:48 PM
I never heard about him offering to fight if Mayweather backed out, Manny and a McGregor fight would be MASSIVE though. I'd really like to see it but again Manny is getting older.
The hype might get bigger and Manny Pacquiao is 41 years old and he is still active and if Conor McGregor have the time to prepare i would like to see a rematch between Floyd Mayweather too as he is also getting old and he will be turning 43 years old and age can make a huge difference in reflex action and eye sight and it might affect the performance and Conor might have a slight advantage  Cheesy. To box against either one of them is a herculean task hope he will find a good opponent soon in MMA rather than jumping between sports.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 251
January 20, 2020, 02:16:16 PM
I think this fight is hard to happen considering Paqiao's aging age for a boxing athlete. This fight will definitely not sell like before. Both of them are indeed great athletes in their respective fields. However, if this fight happens Mcgregor will definitely lose again from paqiao even though he is older. It is very difficult to fight boxers if our martial arts discipline from the UFC sport
Activity: 2002
Merit: 578
January 20, 2020, 01:25:03 PM
Oh looks like McGregor want to catch millions again since whatever the result place he will earn for that fight since he know Pacquiao is famous next to Mayweather and Pacquiao doesn't need to prove anything since we all know McGregor will lose to that fight again since he don't have enough air to prolong the fight until 12 rounds. But if Pacquiao will accept this fight then it will be fun to watch since it's interesting to see on how he will beat McGregor on quickly.
The thing Manny has over to Connor is speed, endurance and the experience he has on the boxing ring, those are the advantages Manny has if Connor still urges to fight him and IMO Connor has a 30% chance on winning this match unless his goal is really just the money generated. If I were to Connor he should not get involved anymore to boxing instead just let his career be focused on MMA fighting.
Activity: 1426
Merit: 506
January 20, 2020, 12:57:07 PM
Khabib Nurmagomedov said he will not fight Conor McGregor unless he wins 10 fights before getting a rematch. And also Nurmagomedov will fight Tony Ferguson this coming April
After the match between the two will depend of what will happen if Conor McGregor vs Khabib 2 will happen or what.
To a media Khabib Nurmagomedov said those words but if you look at the rankings if Khabib Nurmagomedov is able to defeat Tony Ferguson who is the  other worthy opponent for him other than Justin Gaethje and after that fight he have to fight Conor McGregor because he still ranked above the rest of the fighters in the division and hence he does not need to wait for 10 more fights to face him.
Activity: 82
Merit: 11
January 20, 2020, 10:07:59 AM
This will be a boring to watch and we already know who will win obviously. Manny Pacquaio will kick Conor McGregor's ass. I'd rather to throw my money to watch these following matches:

Conor McGregor vs Usman
Conor McGregor vs Masdival
Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz 3
Conor McGregor vs Khabib 2

I'm for Khabib2 this march should happen and Connor should redeem himself on this fight, there is no other way he can redeem himself but a fight with Khabib, he was beaten in submission not by decision and because of this he must push this fight so he can get even, I'm pretty sure that this fight is going to happen.

Khabib Nurmagomedov said he will not fight Conor McGregor unless he wins 10 fights before getting a rematch. And also Nurmagomedov will fight Tony Ferguson this coming April https://www.mmafighting.com/fight/7792/tony-ferguson-vs-khabib-nurmagomedov

After the match between the two will depend of what will happen if Conor McGregor vs Khabib 2 will happen or what.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯
January 20, 2020, 09:57:13 AM
Oh looks like McGregor want to catch millions again since whatever the result place he will earn for that fight since he know Pacquiao is famous next to Mayweather and Pacquiao doesn't need to prove anything since we all know McGregor will lose to that fight again since he don't have enough air to prolong the fight until 12 rounds. But if Pacquiao will accept this fight then it will be fun to watch since it's interesting to see on how he will beat McGregor on quickly.
Activity: 140
Merit: 6
January 20, 2020, 09:51:00 AM
I wanted the same thing.I would like to see a very solid or hard punch that would make him realize that this isnt UFC.  Grin
What does that even mean, you mean that the power is different in punches, boxers are technically skilled in one dimension and their entire life they are learning to do one thing, but MMA is different sport into one and hence you cannot compare them, even in MMA there are big punchers than in boxing.

When it comes to stamina then theres no doubt that Pacquiao would have the edge on any way.If this fight do happen
then it would really matters most on the money that would be generated not totally an entertaining fight.How they
do consider on mixing up a UFC fighter and a true Boxer? We know who do have the edge but well money can make all
things possible.
There are fighters in the MMA arena who does have good stamina, Conor McGregor does not have stamina does not mean that the entire fighters are like that and the biggest drawback for Conor is his lack of stamina.

I think that this fight is reasonable. We're not in these times when Manny was a machine. Now he's and veteran remember from the last decade. Maybe it's the last call to see him in a big, pricey fight.

I cross my fingers for that crossover. It could be big and Conor showed that he still got it.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 505
January 20, 2020, 09:44:41 AM
I wanted the same thing.I would like to see a very solid or hard punch that would make him realize that this isnt UFC.  Grin
What does that even mean, you mean that the power is different in punches, boxers are technically skilled in one dimension and their entire life they are learning to do one thing, but MMA is different sport into one and hence you cannot compare them, even in MMA there are big punchers than in boxing.

When it comes to stamina then theres no doubt that Pacquiao would have the edge on any way.If this fight do happen
then it would really matters most on the money that would be generated not totally an entertaining fight.How they
do consider on mixing up a UFC fighter and a true Boxer? We know who do have the edge but well money can make all
things possible.
There are fighters in the MMA arena who does have good stamina, Conor McGregor does not have stamina does not mean that the entire fighters are like that and the biggest drawback for Conor is his lack of stamina.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
January 20, 2020, 07:14:26 AM
Senator Manny Pacquiao will not refuse to fight Conor. Knowing Senator Manny, he is always on the look out for an opportunity to fight and earn more. I remember way back 2017 he even offered Conor to fight him if his fight with Floyd did not push through. Definitely this will generate a lot of views but they need to agree on the venue.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 546
January 20, 2020, 07:00:11 AM
Connor won the cowboy fight with style and made it look easy. I'm hoping that the next fight will be Khabib and not the boxing though. UFC fans want to see him get his belts back and not get back in the boxing ring. If he does do all he can in the current UFC divisions and wins all the belts back then I'm ok with him jumping back in the boxing world.

Conor McGregor is making more money than Manny Pacquaiao with his MMA fights, if you take a look at the Manny Pacquiao Vs. Keith Thurman fight Manny Pacqaiao earned around $20 million while Conor in his last fight earned around $80 million, so the idea of Conor getting huge pay days only in boxing is just  a false pretext.
Where did you get this information? Boxing is suppose to be big money while UFC is only starting to generate money. UFC struggles to find sponsors because of the brutal nature of it and there is only a couple of companies willing to sponsor. Boxing has this problem but is a little more controlled. I doubt the figure was anywhere near $80 million. Unless you are counting sponsorships in that second figure and not the first I think you might be mistaken. The research I have found does not disclose the amount of money that was earned because its not public knowledge but both the fights were estimated to be 1-20 million.

I agree, I doubt that $80 million Conor is getting out of UFC. PPV numbers alone says that Manny Pacquiao can generate lots of money already besides the purse money he is getting from fights. Pacquiao vs Thurman alone generated an estimated 500,000 PPV and that is huge.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
January 20, 2020, 05:38:52 AM
This match would be interesting.

Not just the money to be earned but also the comparison that would happen after the fight. We will be comparing three fighters with each other
what do you mean by "Three" fighters?sorry but i dont get whom would be the 3rd fighter aside from Manny and Conor.
and one of them is not even a boxer. Manny would also be interested by this as far as I know.
i don't think Manny will give interest in this kind of Comedy fight not unless thie will be titles as "Fun Fight" because they don't even in the same Sports labeled .
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080
January 20, 2020, 04:44:56 AM
Connor won the cowboy fight with style and made it look easy. I'm hoping that the next fight will be Khabib and not the boxing though. UFC fans want to see him get his belts back and not get back in the boxing ring. If he does do all he can in the current UFC divisions and wins all the belts back then I'm ok with him jumping back in the boxing world.

Conor McGregor is making more money than Manny Pacquaiao with his MMA fights, if you take a look at the Manny Pacquiao Vs. Keith Thurman fight Manny Pacqaiao earned around $20 million while Conor in his last fight earned around $80 million, so the idea of Conor getting huge pay days only in boxing is just  a false pretext.
Where did you get this information? Boxing is suppose to be big money while UFC is only starting to generate money. UFC struggles to find sponsors because of the brutal nature of it and there is only a couple of companies willing to sponsor. Boxing has this problem but is a little more controlled. I doubt the figure was anywhere near $80 million. Unless you are counting sponsorships in that second figure and not the first I think you might be mistaken. The research I have found does not disclose the amount of money that was earned because its not public knowledge but both the fights were estimated to be 1-20 million.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 674
January 20, 2020, 03:21:59 AM

So, this is a good decision for Conor McGregor, going with Manny Pacquiao than Floyd Mayweather rematch.

Obviously it's a good decision because no one would like to see a rematch between him and Floyd due to the fact that Floyd schooled him when they fought. Manny may still obviously a better boxer but he is more entertaining than floyd and he doesn't run and score, what he does is he score and knock his opponent,.. this could be easy money for Manny too, and he can again donate money for his people in the Philippines.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
CoinPoker.com
January 20, 2020, 02:26:32 AM
It might be easier for Conor to win versus Floyd Mayweather than Pacman, I reckon. Pacman's hand speed, strength and cardio would overwhelm Conor in all the rounds
But Mayweather is undefeated so its safe to say that he is better than Manny Pacquiao.
With Mayweather intelligence in the ring, he knows how to fight without him putting in a risky situation that he could be knock out, manny is different, he like to give more entertainment to the fans so he will be aggressive, I like to see it happen and possibly a knock out for Conor would happen.
Exactly, I'll go with Manny Pacquiao vs Conor McGregor than Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor. As I saw the fight of Conor McGregor against Floyd Mayweather few years ago, Floyd Mayweather really gave Conor McGregor a lesson inside the boxing ring which totally different in UFC ring.
So, this is a good decision for Conor McGregor, going with Manny Pacquiao than Floyd Mayweather rematch.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1147
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
January 20, 2020, 02:13:49 AM
Unlike before, Conor has plenty of worthy opponents fight fans wants to see now. After his performance against Donald, I personally want him to fight Jorge or Tony. It's a great match up, style wise.

A focused Conor is deadly and great for the UFC. Talks of a fight with Manny Pacquiao will only defocus him. 

I thought that Conor is talking about facing Floyd again? How come Manny's name pops out?
Floyd = Money = Manny  Huh
Activity: 2408
Merit: 202
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
January 19, 2020, 11:50:01 PM
I read in one article that Khabib is the next line up fighter for Connor, which should be the case because he was beaten by Khabibdecisively, it's time to get back up on him, with the way he performs against Cerrone, I think he has a good chance than the last time they fought, and this is what the fans want too.
yeah it is already Khabib(as far as i see the recent news) and besides there is no sense in fighting Manny Pacquiao because they don't even belongs to same Sports (though MMA has boxing skills also but still different game).
so basically Conor will stay in his ring and so as Manny will play Boxing and hopefully will have a final decision if whom he will be fighting first this 2020 and also may he win again as he is closing to Retirement stage and i am sure it will happen soon because he is not getting any younger.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 549
Rollbit
January 19, 2020, 11:00:17 PM
It might be easier for Conor to win versus Floyd Mayweather than Pacman, I reckon. Pacman's hand speed, strength and cardio would overwhelm Conor in all the rounds

Exactly just as I thought. Connor can't stand in the ring for 12 rounds like what I have said in my previous comment. Boxing is not a thing for him and he choose an opponent like Manny or Floyd is like a death wish for him. I think people should stop pursuing fight like this because clearly and obviously they are just after the money and the fight will become boring af, even if Manny is one of the most entertaining athlete in the world.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 366
January 19, 2020, 10:48:23 PM

But Mayweather is undefeated so its safe to say that he is better than Manny Pacquiao.

With Mayweather intelligence in the ring, he knows how to fight without him putting in a risky situation that he could be knock out, manny is different, he like to give more entertainment to the fans so he will be aggressive, I like to see it happen and possibly a knock out for Conor would happen.

What do you mean "better" here? If you mean better is that he was never defeated, then Mayweather is indeed better in terms of records. He has the cleaner one. If what you mean better is how to protect himself from engaging stronger fighters in their prime to make sure he will not be put into a difficult situation, he is indeed better. He chooses an opponent better; he is so picky. If what you mean better is how a fighter runs away from fighting toe to toe because of the possibility of getting caught with a strong punch, he is better. And that kind of better does not earn my respect.

Conor can easily play with Mayweather than Manny.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 590
BTC to the MOON in 2019
January 19, 2020, 10:35:37 PM

Activity: 2240
Merit: 175
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
January 19, 2020, 10:27:57 PM
I read in one article that Khabib is the next line up fighter for Connor, which should be the case because he was beaten by Khabibdecisively, it's time to get back up on him, with the way he performs against Cerrone, I think he has a good chance than the last time they fought, and this is what the fans want too.
Pages:
Jump to: