Pages:
Author

Topic: Coronavirus: How can YOU help? - page 4. (Read 736 times)

Activity: 1492
Merit: 763
Life is a taxable event
February 17, 2020, 03:21:54 AM
Unfortunately people in the US go to work sick because they need the money. This is going to be a major way that a virus like that could spread in the US.

Perhaps employers/ the government should give a benefit of 50% of pay for people to stay home. It's for the benefit of society and I don't care if a small percentage abuse it. If there is a medical requirement (a doctor signing off) that would cut abuse right down too.

I don't see us doing anything like that though. It's a ticking time bomb.

So what YOU can do to help is stay home from work if you're sick.
Activity: 253
Merit: 11
February 17, 2020, 02:59:04 AM
I think that you need to use personalized ozonizers in the rooms where we are finding (or devices that pass air through ultraviolet light). Thus, the risk of infection in this room will be minimized, since all viruses (as well as bacteria, fungi, etc.) will be destroyed. But do not forget that you cannot specifically breathe ozone, since it kills all life!
copper member
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1899
Amazon Prime Member #7
February 17, 2020, 01:14:52 AM

If you had to, would you be ready to self-isolate yourself for two weeks?
If I were to get infected, I wouldn’t have much of a choice if I wanted to not infect others.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386
February 17, 2020, 12:56:21 AM
Individuals need to educate themselves on how to protect themselves from contracting the virus and if they get it, educate themselves on how to avoid spreading the virus. They would need to take these precautions.

Alcohol hand sanitizer is to protect yourself.

A mask is mostly to prevent infecting other people.

If you had to, would you be ready to self-isolate yourself for two weeks?
copper member
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1899
Amazon Prime Member #7
February 16, 2020, 11:30:52 PM
Individuals need to educate themselves on how to protect themselves from contracting the virus and if they get it, educate themselves on how to avoid spreading the virus. They would need to take these precautions.
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 1049
Smart is not enough, there must be skills
February 16, 2020, 11:25:41 PM
The corona virus has become a very deadly outbreak this year even more than before, I am here unable to help or evacuate victims, but in my area I continue to make donations for the corona virus after it has accumulated sufficiently so I think it is enough to help from the region I for those affected by the corona virus.
I expect the Chinese government to immediately cancel out its extreme market so that there is no virus like this again.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386
February 16, 2020, 08:52:36 PM
Open discussion. Not about what can/should governments do, or who the bad guys are. Assume it's as bad as the Great Influenza of 1918, but we know more now, and we're going to do better this time.

A small percentage will die, many - some that you know and some that you don't know - will be quarantined.

What can you do to help?
Pages:
Jump to: