Pages:
Author

Topic: CORRECT AND NOT ATTACK - page 3. (Read 478 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2348
January 27, 2024, 05:47:04 PM
So many people hear about bitcointalk forum from friends, families, internet and so on they where not given the full details of the Dos and Don'ts (the rules of the forum) of the forum. they where only told about the juicy parts of the forum because of that they are excited to join without making deep research.

Newbie should be corrected and not to be use to earn merits, most of the top rank members earn most of their merits from attacking and reporting newbie.
What do you mean by reporting newbies? You won't earn merit if you report messages to moderators. So if you're talking about newbies account exposed for scam, spam or plagiarism, people are doing that not to earn merits but to protect the forum and its users. It's very easy to open a fresh account here, you don't need to go through any KYC, so many people create accounts here in order to try to do bad things. That's why newbies and brand new account are often viewed with suspicion in the english part and in large local boards. But on most other local boards newcomers are generally welcomed and gladly hepled.
Activity: 924
Merit: 518
fillippone - Winner contest Pizza 2022
January 27, 2024, 02:50:50 PM

WHAT IS NEWBIES
newbies is a person who just started a  particular activity without having full knowledge. Newbies are also called novice, newcomer, beginner.

IMPORTANT OF TOP RANK MEMBERS
Before you are been named or given a rank I believe you have pass through many challenges, obstacles before reaching the level you are now. I believe there is a reason why you are at that level. they are vital importance of being a top rank members
1: To guide and not to judge
2: To support
3: To Teach and so many more
Can you tell me what scar it will leave on your skin if you are corrected in a way you don't appreciate? Many of the things you have mentioned are not necessary. You can just leave it to slide and it's nothing to agitate about. Sometimes correct comes with a hard voice and that does not mean that the sole reason is for merit.yiu don't have to keep making the same mistakes over and over again. Everything should be a process and don't ever rush it. I believe a time would come when you will be the one correcting people on how to behave here. Life is all about stages and no correction should be seen as hatred.
Activity: 504
Merit: 151
January 27, 2024, 01:54:23 PM
So many people hear about bitcointalk forum from friends, families, internet and so on they where not given the full details of the Dos and Don'ts (the rules of the forum) of the forum. they where only told about the juicy parts of the forum because of that they are excited to join without making deep research.

Newbie should be corrected and not to be use to earn merits, most of the top rank members earn most of their merits from attacking and reporting newbie.
                 WHAT IS NEWBIES
newbies is a person who just started a  particular activity without having full knowledge. Newbies are also called novice, newcomer, beginner.

Before you are been named or given a rank I believe you have pass through many challenges, obstacles before reaching the level you are now. I believe there is a reason why you are at that level. they are vital importance of being a top rank members

I believe that Bitcoin talk forum is a home of knowledge and knowledge is acquired and distributed.

Ordinary as a person you should look forward to people not aligning with your sense of reasoning or supposedly opposing your views, because is a natural phenomenon. I don't see most of the opposing views as attack, it is either somebody is correcting you for not doing the right thing or the person is opposing what you said, but what you mean by attack needs to be properly defined, because attack can be maligning someone's character or abusing somebody which I know forum members don't indulge in. So as a forum member the first thing to do is to learn the rules of the forum, take time to learn and don't see corrections as attack.
Activity: 728
Merit: 512
January 27, 2024, 10:17:03 AM
One thing I can tell you as a new is that if you are scared of criticism and thereby labelling it as an attack then mate you aren't ready yet to be here, the forum is a different world of its own entirely and each person has a freedom of opinion which is why you shouldn't let another's opinion hey in your way in affecting your decision to stay comfortably or leave the forum.

No body here knows it all and for that reason I can rightly classify every member as a newbie, the only difference between you that just arrived in the forum and I that have been here is the ranks difference. There are some newbies that are knowledgeable and well grounded in cryptocurrency even before getting to the forum but then they can't start in the middle they must create an account to start with. In all essence, my counsel is that as a newbie take in every attack or criticism meted on you and use them to build yourself instead of complaining cause nobody F-cares.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
January 27, 2024, 10:13:13 AM
they where only told about the juicy parts of the forum because of that they are excited to join without making deep research.

You mean that some can earn money from signatures and bounties?
And in the spirit of friendship we should encourage everybody post nonsense to rank up? Should we encourage plagiarism? Should we allow AI-generated answers, some laughably off topic? Then whoever wants to find out about bitcoin will.. have to look elsewhere because the information here will become unreliable?
I hope that this is not what you meant. But this can easily be understood from your sentence.

they where only told about the juicy parts of the forum because of that they are excited to join without
I believe that Bitcoin talk forum is a home of knowledge and knowledge is acquired and distributed.

Yes, it's about sharing knowledge. And if somebody did a tiny bit of effort to research and then ask meaningfully, he usually gets the info he needs (of course, he might have to find the correct answers and maybe refine the questions too).

The problem is when some come thinking they know things - and the reality shows they don't.
Plus, you should understand that this is like everywhere in the world: some talk nicer, some not, some may be trolling and so on. Even more, this forum has a good respect for the freedom of speech.
Also the forum has a very powerful tool: the "ignore" functionality. It helps for mental sanity until you find your way around and grow thicker skin. Use it heavily. And every now and then clean up the ignore list because at start you can easily go wrong.

PS. You ask not to judge. You forget we are humans. You started by judging and preaching too, after all Wink
PPS. Chill. Learn to get everything more lightly - not only here, but also on the whole internet and life too.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 2169
Professional Community manager
January 27, 2024, 09:59:58 AM
These are the type of discussions that need to be considered on a case by case basis. You can't lump all high rankings members into one group who attack and can't lump all newbies into a bunch of well meaning but ill adviced individuals.

More importantly, it's much easier to grow a tougher skin to the comments of others than to get them to change the way they communicate. The internet is an uncensored cesspool and I find here to contain mostly cultured member when compared to the rest.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
January 27, 2024, 09:55:20 AM

WHAT IS NEWBIES
newbies is a person who just started a  particular activity without having full knowledge. Newbies are also called novice, newcomer, beginner.

What do you mean attacking? if they had been attack then those newbie done something wrong. It will not happen if they just read and follow the rules.

Also don't oblige high ranking members to teach newbies because its up for those people to help since this is not mandatory not everyone have plenty of time to spend here or teaching someone. But if they have question they can post it here and for sure they will be answered.

No one judging newbie if they are willing to learn a high ranking member what you mean also came here as newbie but they exert a lot of people to learn and not relying to be spoon feed by more experience than them, you need to know that since you are the one who can solve the complexity of what you are trying to learn.

Support is here as I said earlier they also need to exert effort so they can learn.

They can learn if they ask serious question as a newbie for sure lots of people is willing to answer or do some little research for them so that they can learn something base on what they are trying to figure out.

Activity: 308
Merit: 448
Math + Code = Blockchain 😁
January 27, 2024, 09:14:35 AM
CORRECT AND NOT ATTACK
How do you mean?
There is actually no official rule or dos and don'ts here on Bitcointalk the rules are actually official unofficial rules.
This is the internet where there is absolute freedom so it's up to newbies to either learn and contribute to the forum or spam and try scam and end up being either banned or your account filled with negative tags.
Every one on this forum even the legendary members you mentioned were once newbies with zero merit. And of course some of the high ranked members can be rude or thick headed here but you are going to have to learn to live with it or should I say learn despite it.
Activity: 78
Merit: 6
January 27, 2024, 09:06:43 AM

WHAT IS NEWBIES

Pages:
Jump to: