Pages:
Author

Topic: Could bitcoin save the music industry? - page 5. (Read 2634 times)

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
June 13, 2014, 04:54:23 PM
I can't imagine how big the blockchain would be if the actual music is stored on it. The purpose of the blockchain is to solve the trust issue on an open ledger. Music doesn't need that. It would be pointless to create a music blockchain.

Theres no need for music to be stored on it just licensing info.
However, how is one to overcome piracy?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
June 13, 2014, 04:51:25 PM
I can't imagine how big the blockchain would be if the actual music is stored on it. The purpose of the blockchain is to solve the trust issue on an open ledger. Music doesn't need that. It would be pointless to create a music blockchain.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
June 13, 2014, 04:48:06 PM
an altcoin with a 5mb per transaction rule,,, then anything is possible.

just dont expect anyone to download the blockchain

Actually, they could store licensing info on the blockchain.
So, no need for 5mb Wink

legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
June 13, 2014, 04:43:42 PM
an altcoin with a 5mb per transaction rule,,, then anything is possible.

just dont expect anyone to download the blockchain
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
June 13, 2014, 04:41:24 PM
I was wondering if it would be possible to store music on the blockchain the same way the ledger is stored? Then you could sell private keys that give a program access to the data so that the music can be streamed directly from the blockchain? Is this kind of thing possible with bitcoin or another alt-coin in the future? Because this would have positive impact on the music industry as well as any other industry that are having issues with piracy. I'm just trying to stay informed about the potential impact of this technology.   
Pages:
Jump to: