Pages:
Author

Topic: Could btc hit 1 usd? - page 5. (Read 3864 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
June 14, 2017, 01:27:17 PM
Could some major shift or change happen that would bitcoin nearly worthless especially overnight?
The end of the world as we know it, the collapse of the internet until it is back online, the cryptography was fully broken but was executed terribly instead of sneakily not that many reasons would collapse it to 0. I guess a terrible fork no one uses.
Activity: 703
Merit: 502
June 14, 2017, 06:12:08 AM
Yes or lower - we've been there before
Activity: 2814
Merit: 526
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
June 14, 2017, 06:03:38 AM
I think no, and nearly impossible to reach 1 USD per each Bitcoin because large market cap which surely make Bitcoin will be up everyday rather than down to below $1000.

If it ever happens like that, it gives us a chance to buy in cheap coins. It's not going to happen unless some sort of major failure happens in the bitcoin code/infrustructure.
Fair enough. When Bitfinex accident it was dumped for more than 20 - 30% that also happened when SEC rejects Bitcoin ETF.
Activity: 812
Merit: 509
June 14, 2017, 02:28:24 AM
Could some major shift or change happen that would bitcoin nearly worthless especially overnight?

There is always a possibility for anything to happen and even as unlikely as it sounds for bitcoin to hit 1 dollar/coin, it is possible.

The realest way that it's probably going to happen if it will ever happen is through a hard fork. If bitcoin forks into two, and Bitcoin Core which is the version of bitcoin most of us call "bitcoin" gets very low support from the community then it is perfectly possible for bitcoin core to fall to 1 USD. Though there is at least 20-30% of miners signalling support for segwit so, very unlikely.

This can only happen when some big bitcoin holders would dump thier money and still bitcoin would still rise from 1 usd. It's nearly imposible as of now to hit one usd per bitcoin. Bitcoin is ganing it's name from big companeys.

If it ever happens like that, it gives us a chance to buy in cheap coins. It's not going to happen unless some sort of major failure happens in the bitcoin code/infrustructure.
Activity: 1296
Merit: 294
''Vincit qui se vincit''
June 14, 2017, 02:04:30 AM
This can only happen when some big bitcoin holders would dump thier money and still bitcoin would still rise from 1 usd. It's nearly imposible as of now to hit one usd per bitcoin. Bitcoin is ganing it's name from big companeys.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015
June 14, 2017, 02:01:20 AM
For me that is impossible to happen eventhough there would be a bad news occur like hacking, banned btc, big dump. Still not enough to transform the price in 1-digit. Maybe the price will have a big fall but it won't touch $1. Many people have invested their money, time, effort inyo btc. They won't easily allow to happen that their hardwork will just go to a mess.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 3095
BTC price road to $80k
June 13, 2017, 05:51:33 PM
per bitcoin price $1 over night its impossible unless bitcoin database fully destroyed.I don't think any other way possible this much drop.So its possible in imagine not in real life.bitcoin price now upward and price increase continuous.all are enjoy this increase. so see what will happened near future.
Its been a long time bitcoin still alive and no one can attack the database or the whole blockchain. Bitcoin will be stay strong and its impossible that the price can hit $1 overnight. but there is still possibility it can be happen in the future.. if there is program or code will born or discover that can attack the bitcoin database maybe who hack the database will only get bitcoin and hold or sell them but i think he can not sell them all unless if his plan is to destroy only the whole blockchain..
Activity: 821
Merit: 501
June 13, 2017, 04:01:28 PM
per bitcoin price $1 over night its impossible unless bitcoin database fully destroyed.I don't think any other way possible this much drop.So its possible in imagine not in real life.bitcoin price now upward and price increase continuous.all are enjoy this increase. so see what will happened near future.
Activity: 490
Merit: 101
June 13, 2017, 03:59:27 PM
There is always a possibility but it will be a slim one.  Bitcoin is still in speculative market so whenever bitcoin hype is gone and demand is pulled out, then probably it will hit 1 USD or less, but well in reality this will not happen overnight.  It will take sometime after Bitcoin reaches its peak and the market is fully saturated and a new altcoin is created to take its place.
Despite the fact that Bitcoin can say the Leader in the speculation in the financial market, but it seems to me that this way and there will remain in the next decade. The fact is that to replace the dollar, you need to be a legal currency and have all the relevant guarantees. If the dollar is responsible for gold, Bitcoin will not be able to compete with gold.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1153
June 13, 2017, 03:36:29 PM
There is always a possibility but it will be a slim one.  Bitcoin is still in speculative market so whenever bitcoin hype is gone and demand is pulled out, then probably it will hit 1 USD or less, but well in reality this will not happen overnight.  It will take sometime after Bitcoin reaches its peak and the market is fully saturated and a new altcoin is created to take its place.
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
June 13, 2017, 02:23:31 PM
It might hit 1 usd, but not over night. Actually the chances are very very extremely low. Something very unpleasant event should take place for the coins to get down that low, even though the price won't go down to 1 usd.
Activity: 588
Merit: 541
June 13, 2017, 02:07:51 PM
Bitcoin is nothing but a bunch of bits of data stored on hard drives across the full nodes as they make a network, Bitcoin already worth $0 mate.

There is no central bank and there is nothing backing it up, no fixed reserve of gold nothing what so ever, if people stop paying for it then it has

No value at all. but if by any chance 1 in 100^1000 if price dropped from $2800 then I will buy as many as I can afford at $500 each.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 13, 2017, 01:48:22 PM
No I don't think we will ever see that, dump of 10-20% overnight is quite normal these days but price can't go to $1 or become worthless overnight. Bitcoin network can survive even with few nodes and miners so whatever price bitcoin will have, it will never shut down completely.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
June 13, 2017, 01:25:55 PM
It is possible when we are talking about possibility but on reality it isn't.

If overnight Bitcoin price will go down  to 1 USD the possible ways I am thinking is all Bitcoin holders/user will sell all their Bitcoin and all the exchange will abandon ship after selling all coins then all miners will stop mining. If all of that happens then we will not just see Bitcoin to USD become 1:1 but we will also see the formal death and final period of Bitcoin. However, since this will not happen then we will not see the effects of it.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 4738
You're never too old to think young.
Activity: 252
June 13, 2017, 12:54:50 PM
You have to time travel to see the price of bitcoin at one dollar. Tongue There is no way that the price would go beyond $1000 in the near future and with all the developments around it is the way the future is going to be scripted,we might see a network split,hard fork,but the price wont doom just like that.
Activity: 644
June 13, 2017, 12:09:51 PM
For now i couldn't imagine that the price of bitcoin can hit 1 usd each. Bitcoin today we are seeing it has a big potencial growth so if you are waiting for $1 value its impossible to see that price. maybe in the future.. if there's a big issue will happen with bitcoin.. and also if those exchange site will be the same as MT.gox or will be crash or hack in the future we will see a huge effect in the value of bitcoin but its still impossible to touch at $1.
Exactly, as for now thinking about bitcoin becoming worthless is baseless. Bitcoin has huge potential. Bitcoin is dependent upon people's will. I think bitcoin holders have faith in bitcoin. Bitcoin is here to stay. It has given this world a completely new innovation i.e. blockchain technology. I think this is a start of bitcoin not end. Bitcoin is touching record heights at present.
Activity: 686
Merit: 521
June 13, 2017, 11:58:52 AM
Only if Internet disappear or in case of apocalipsis zoombie with no survivals, the marketcap is too big and Bitcoin have the biggest database of the world and can coexist with other currencies. There are not reason for that.

Bitcoins to be rendered useless overnight is nearly impossible!
Not even the crash of the internet could bring the price to a dollar because the Internet disappearing would mean BTC value is preserved and not crashed.
Activity: 924
Merit: 506
June 13, 2017, 11:50:26 AM
Could the world end as the planet earth vanishes in a day? yes absolutely that is very much a possibility and all it takes is a simple blow from the sun. But can bitcoin hit $1 in the next 50 years? no because that would be something else and not called bitcoin, whatever the code what matters is the name BTC and that will never become worthless.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
June 13, 2017, 11:11:07 AM
Nah! That is not possible in the present scenerio... Unless there is a zombie apocalypse (ones eating bitcoins) or ww3 breaks out, we dont expect btc to hit $1 anytime soon...
Pages:
Jump to: