Pages:
Author

Topic: Could Monero replace Bitcoin soon? - page 10. (Read 33662 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
September 20, 2016, 03:45:39 PM
Re: Could Monero replace Bitcoin soon?

Short answer, No.
Long answer, Fuck no.

Don't you have anything else to waste time on?

like euh, I don't know, searching for evidence to prove your empty claims: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/i-wonder-how-much-xmr-is-actually-used-on-the-dnm-1621525

Your credibility is nill...

best regards

I can care less about proving myself to you or the other low rollers here in the forums.  I just feel bad for people getting scammed and cant bring myself to allow people to peddle scams and take peoples money. Just want newbs to WAKE UP and be aware of these scams in the altcoin world.

People here are grown men if they can't take care of themselves they shouldn't be investing. Newcomers in the stock market, in the forex market will sooner or later lose money one way or the other and learn valuable lessons generally by losing since they rarely listen.

And you know that Monero isn't a scam. Can people lose money on it? Sure like any other market.
Activity: 335
Merit: 250
September 20, 2016, 03:08:42 PM

Short answer, No.
Long answer, Fuck no.

like euh, I don't know, searching for evidence to prove your empty claims: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/i-wonder-how-much-xmr-is-actually-used-on-the-dnm-1621525

best regards

I can care less about proving myself to you or the other low rollers here in the forums.  I just feel bad for people getting scammed and cant bring myself to allow people to peddle scams and take peoples money. Just want newbs to WAKE UP and be aware of these scams in the altcoin world.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
September 20, 2016, 03:04:01 PM
Depends on how many value privacy.
Activity: 514
Merit: 258
September 20, 2016, 01:21:50 PM

Short answer, No.
Long answer, Fuck no.

best regards
Activity: 335
September 20, 2016, 01:12:46 PM

Short answer, No.
Long answer, Fuck no.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
September 20, 2016, 12:53:05 PM
Monero is about to dump back into 'anonimity'  Grin Grin

nice wordplay but i doubt that it is true.

Monero is just making some publicity and it could attract a lot of investors and a lot of money so even a downward spiral would take a very long time.

and don't forget that monero rose up from 0.004 to 0.015 (current price) and that rise doesn't happen out of nowhere.

Also this: Monero had 524 millions USD volume last month. There are only few coins that ever had that. This attract totally different kind of investors. Someone who plans to invest 10 millions USD will not invest it in something that have 10 million USD monthly volume, so will never be able to exit his investment.
Also 1/4 of all BTC usage was made with Monero. Most likely way more, since those that wanted to buy Monero with USD, Euros, CYN or YEN had first to buy BTC. So we can speculate that Monero gave from 25-50% of of all BTC volume.
With this is highly unlikely to expect that statement of Sukovsky become true.

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
September 20, 2016, 09:39:19 AM
Monero is about to dump back into 'anonimity'  Grin Grin

nice wordplay but i doubt that it is true.

Monero is just making some publicity and it could attract a lot of investors and a lot of money so even a downward spiral would take a very long time.

and don't forget that monero rose up from 0.004 to 0.015 (current price) and that rise doesn't happen out of nowhere.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015
September 20, 2016, 09:34:28 AM

It's difficult to predict since Monero can become "famous" altcoin at the moment but that's the reality we are facing.
Sometimes Monero can amaze me so well with it's intention
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
September 20, 2016, 07:10:19 AM
Monero will not go anywhere until it is easy to use. Anonymous coins will not become immensely popular until a significantly large amount of people are concerned enough about their privacy. I never understood what monero has that isn't in the other crypto note coins (with all respect to monero devs). All they have is more publicity and therefore a larger community.

Admittedly, its difficult to keep track of all of the progress. But here's a good list: https://github.com/monero-project/monero/releases

And here's a TLDR of my favorites:

moved from in-RAM database to a backend-agnostic blockchain database
created an LMDB blockchainDB implementation (with the help of Howard Chu, the creator of LMDB)
designed and implemented a stealth payment ID scheme
designed and implemented a unified address+payment ID scheme
implemented the MRL-0001 and MRL-0004 recommendations
switched to a triangular distribution for output selection
Major performance and size improvements to the LMDB database implementation
major performance improvements, especially on spinning disks
major space saving gains for the blockchain, despite the performance improvements
RingCT...obviously:)
added a key image export and import function for full watch-only wallet functionality
added support for ARMv8 processors
added direct GPU mining to daemon support (no pool necessary for GPU mining)

not to mention the tangential work done by the MRL

https://github.com/monero-project/research-lab/tree/master/publications

Activity: 476
Merit: 251
September 20, 2016, 04:38:38 AM
Monero will not go anywhere until it is easy to use. Anonymous coins will not become immensely popular until a significantly large amount of people are concerned enough about their privacy. I never understood what monero has that isn't in the other crypto note coins (with all respect to monero devs). All they have is more publicity and therefore a larger community.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
September 20, 2016, 04:27:47 AM

The Monero price is still above 10 dollars at the moment. I think that is a good correction after the recent price rise.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
September 11, 2016, 02:38:16 PM
Activity: 1414
Merit: 260
September 11, 2016, 01:54:07 PM
what do you guys think about these cryptonote technology, should we worry about it? Huh

This topic is very delusional and doesn't follow any market fundamentals  Smiley

It depends on if the market or the users like more anonymous transactions. So if they like, then it might replace bitcoin.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
September 10, 2016, 03:24:01 PM
what do you guys think about these cryptonote technology, should we worry about it? Huh

This topic is very delusional and doesn't follow any market fundamentals  Smiley
Activity: 742
Hire me for your campaign management.
September 10, 2016, 03:23:43 PM
I am seeing the use of bitcoin on a large number of companies everywhere on internet not only for trade but as their normal currency to run their businesses and I think Monero is not that much capable and not have that much potential to take that place of bitcoin.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
September 10, 2016, 02:51:26 PM
come on .....wise up  Huh   bitcoin is never going to be replaced it was the 1st internet money that was good enough and thats all it takes...... theres to much money and time invested in bitcoin for it to fail now
Activity: 672
September 10, 2016, 01:15:56 PM
I think it may rise, YES. But not replace BTC  Grin

Totally agree with that, cant replace BTC because do you remember the down trends when Silk road busted ? big investors want their money to be safe, imagine if monero take over BTC & rocks on illegal market and then authoritys ban Monero & draw a red line on exchanges to cash out monero, then you will have to trade your xmr for btc on shady places, where eventually they will be hacked from someone..
Activity: 252
September 10, 2016, 12:58:21 PM
Don't think that's going to be possible any time soon if at all, especially within the "soon" time range. I'm pretty sure it will happen at some point but there's too many people invested in bitcoin to allow that to happen. It could be Monero, another alt coin, or a coin that hasn't even been released yet. It will be exciting to see what happens as far as BTC's competition goes.
Activity: 154
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 10, 2016, 07:48:47 AM
The answer is NO.
I trade monero for making btc. And I personally won't keep monero  (and other coins) which has no original gui wallet and would rather get siacoin which is much more useful.
Bitcoin is number 1 that made others as "alt coins"  Wink
Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029
Sine secretum non libertas
September 10, 2016, 12:25:50 PM

It depends on the further development of the CryptoNote technology. If it is done properly, Monero will be big.

It is because the core team has demonstrated such wisdom and responsibility in the development to date that I have great confidence in the future of Monero.  There is no other team in crypto which is comparably respectable.  Yes, there is great talent in the Bitcoin core, but the collective is dysfunctional, and the leadership is absent.  Yes, there is great talent in the Ethereum core, but the collective is corrupt, and the leadership is immature.  Monero stands out for the healthy, adaptive character of its core group dynamic, and for its consistent and mature leadership.
Pages:
Jump to: