Pages:
Author

Topic: Crawford vs Canelo-Charlo winner (no date yet) - page 5. (Read 523 times)

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
If it happens two years from now when Canelo is in the twilight of his career then I'll go for Crawford but if this happens in May of next year then no doubt I'll go for Canelo as Crawford is just too small for him, I mean he needs at least 2-3 fight to prove his worth on the 168lbs division. I think he is just calling Canelo as this is a money fight for him of the latter took the bait.
He mentioned that Canelo's height is only 5′ 8″, which means he isn't exceptionally tall. Similarly, Crawford is also 5′ 8″. Considering this, there's potential for a compelling matchup between the two if Crawford undergoes effective training to develop his physique. While financial gain is undoubtedly a top priority for renowned boxers nowadays, let's admit it, we also have a strong desire to witness a showdown between Canelo and Crawford before either of them considers retiring.

Being small in boxing isn't about height but rather it's the weight does matter.

Currently, Crawford is too small for Canelo and I called this a mismatch. I agree, if that fight between Canelo and Crawford happened instead 2 years from now, Crawford might already catch up with Canelo with weight. I don't know what's the reason for Crawford changing his mind as before he ruled out fighting at over 154 lbs as he knows it's risky for him.

Anyways, the fight is just a speculation and we don't know what will happen next. What if Jermell won instead? There will be a change right away in the supposed roadmap of these boxers. For now, after being an undisputed champion, Crawford should think twice before risking another fight on his career.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 647
If it happens two years from now when Canelo is in the twilight of his career then I'll go for Crawford but if this happens in May of next year then no doubt I'll go for Canelo as Crawford is just too small for him, I mean he needs at least 2-3 fight to prove his worth on the 168lbs division. I think he is just calling Canelo as this is a money fight for him of the latter took the bait.
He mentioned that Canelo's height is only 5′ 8″, which means he isn't exceptionally tall. Similarly, Crawford is also 5′ 8″. Considering this, there's potential for a compelling matchup between the two if Crawford undergoes effective training to develop his physique. While financial gain is undoubtedly a top priority for renowned boxers nowadays, let's admit it, we also have a strong desire to witness a showdown between Canelo and Crawford before either of them considers retiring.

Both contenders have achieved the status of undisputed champions, guaranteeing another highly anticipated and sold-out fight. It's quite possible that this clash could even surpass the magnitude of Crawford's match against Spence in terms of attention and excitement.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353

And addition to that, it's too early to speculate, I might as well then wish for Charlo to win against Canelo if he is going to fight Crawford next.
But then again, if Canelo wins, this is going to be a big jump for Crawford at 168 lbs, and as you have said, he needs to fine tune his body at this extra weight as I don't believed that he is walking about that weight even off season, 154 lbs seems to be right though for Crawford.
And even if Charlo losses then he goes back to 154 lbs and governing bodies give him back his belt, then I will rather see that fight as they have a beef already.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 542
Activity: 3038
Merit: 647
In an interview on the Joe Rogan show, Terence Crawford expressed his desire to become a three-time undisputed champion and revealed his plan to move across three weight divisions to potentially face the victor of the Canelo vs Charlo bout. If this scenario indeed unfolds, I'm curious to know whom you're supporting to win. Please feel free to share your insights on this matter.

sources of the news

https://fightnews.com/crawford-targets-canelo-charlo-winner/151780
https://www.fightsports.tv/crawford-willing-to-fight-canelo-at-168/
Pages:
Jump to: