Pages:
Author

Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD - page 26. (Read 57384 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Credits [CRE] - Community Manager
Is the CPU hashing speed of Credit similar to bitcoin CPU hashing rate?

Yeah, but it's not extremely viable to CPU mine against the GPU mines, unless you have a CPU farm or something along those lines Smiley

Is it possible to set the number of threads/cpu cores for mining? Which SSE instruction set is required? I have the G1610.

What is the total hash rate at present?

What is the speed for stock 280X?

I don't have the 280X, but I think I remember a user saying they were getting 700 MH/s or around there.

Total hashrate dropped from 4 Gh/s to around 2.4 Gh/s in the last couple days as BTCtalk was down, but is recovering. We think a user had a GPU rig with a couple high end cards, but he switched his rig off for a bit.

As for CPU mining, I'm not familiar with the exact SSE instructions but I know you can set the # of threads used with the command from the wallet's debug window: "setgenerate true NumberOfCoresHere"
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Yeah, but it's not extremely viable to CPU mine against the GPU mines, unless you have a CPU farm or something along those lines Smiley

Is it possible to set the number of threads/cpu cores for mining? Which SSE instruction set is required? I have the G1610.

What is the total hash rate at present?

What is the speed for stock 280X?

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047
Interesting, i didn't thinked i will say this buy klye was right, CRE is a thing, atleast i got the blockchain downloaded gonna get it asap.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Is the hashing algorithm ASIC resistant?

Somebody get this man a brain transplant.
Hahahaha Wolf!!! That's some funny shit right there mate Smiley I like that lmfao But seriously it would be nice to use some ASICS to mine this coin that's for sure..... Just saying...... lol Wink

Gabriel told me he's pretty sure BTC ASICs won't work - I was thinking along those lines as well; could you make an ASIC for it? Easily.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
-Credits (CRE) Miner/Enthusiast
Up until a few days ago, I've been having problems getting the client to sync. Like for hours on end, it would just stick and not update the blockchain for bitcoin and sometimes credits. Finally got it all working with the new client. So hopefully I won't receive any more movingclaimtip:00 errors.  Wink
I have very interest on thisthreads as usual because of them supper technology....

Well put, this is a super technology indeed Wink
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Is the hashing algorithm ASIC resistant?

Somebody get this man a brain transplant.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I have very interest on thisthreads as usual because of them supper technology....
Activity: 280
Lead developer of Credits [CRE]
hmm....can't build the current version under ubuntu 14.04 lts

nvm. boost 1.5+ is needed.

Itcnim - if you are building, do not build from the latest master. It will require a reindex. Use one of the release branches instead.
legendary
Activity: 914
Merit: 1001
hmm....can't build the current version under ubuntu 14.04 lts

nvm. boost 1.5+ is needed.
News for exchange?

I'm actually working on setting up a CRE exchange right now! It will be secure, and use Credits as a base market for other coins, meaning you could buy/sell CRE with/for any other cryptocurrency! I think this would be huge for us, as the amount of volume not increases because users want credits, but if they want a new coin which is only listed on CreditsExchange.com, they would need to go through the credits market to get that new coin.

If anyone has any food for thought or wants to contribute, let me know!

Gabriel is working on this instead, but we are also approaching exchanges!

Sidenote: Creditsdice.com now has keyboard betting active unless chatting, and we're offering a 1 CRE tip to new users!
Version 0.9.1.51 of Credits client, wallet renaming issue!

The latest release of the Credits client will not update the name of the bitcredit_wallet.dat file automatically. This is a bug. In a situation where automated renaming is applied, this will cause the old bitcredit_wallet.dat to be left unchanged and a new, empty wallet will be created with the name credits_wallet.dat. To correct this problem, remove the newly created credits_wallet.dat and rename bitcredit_wallet.dat manually.

Do not forget to make a security copy of all wallets before any upgrade occurs!

Fix release 0.9.1.52 will be uploaded within a few hours and will replace 0.9.1.51.
News for exchange?

Greydon here may have some updates. I think he will post in a few hours.
Activity: 476
Another update, jeez, updates' going nuts!

You can now use your Credits on the first ever dice gambling site for Credits!

Check it out at creditsdice.com!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the chat or PM me/reply here! Smiley
And remember, don't gamble more than you're comfortable losing!

Cheers, Greydon
Version 0.9.1.51 of Credits client released. Stability release!

A new release of the Credits client is out now. This version is a stability release that should get rid of the problematic "claim tip" error.

- Version number bumped to *.51.
- Major stability improvements have been done in this release, specifically to address the problematic "claim tip" error.
- Working directory file names automatically updated from bitcredit_* to credits_*.
- Continued renaming of internal code base from Bitcredit to Credits.

This release of the Credits software will do some automated renaming of the working directory. If you want to be extra sure of the transition, you should rename the working directory and some of the files in it yourself. This means changing the name of the working directory according to the names listed below and changing all file names in the working directory from bitcredit_* to credits_*. Once the client has started, verify that there are no directories left named bitcredit_*.

Instructions for installation:
The wallet will rename all files in the working directory that starts with bitcredit_* to credits_*. The working directory itself will not be renamed by the client which may result in the client asking for the working directory the first time it starts. It is recommended to rename the working directory before startup.

The working directory can be found at the following paths:
For Windows: C:/Users//AppData/Roaming/Bitcredit
For Ubuntu/Linux: /.bitcredit
For Mac: /Users//Library/Application Support/Bitcredit

New default paths are:
For Windows: C:/Users//AppData/Roaming/Credits
For Ubuntu/Linux: /.credits
For Mac: /Users//Library/Application Support/Credits

Downloads can be found at:
http://credits-currency.org/viewforum.php?f=5

Getting started instructions can be found at:
http://credits-currency.org/viewforum.php?f=18