Pages:
Author

Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD - page 24. (Read 57384 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Lead developer of Credits [CRE]
Can confirm we've moved up to the 45 CRE block finder bonus!

Well, that's 12.5% extra incentive. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Designer - Developer
Can confirm we've moved up to the 45 CRE block finder bonus!
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Lick me like a lolipop
First reward adjustment coming very soon!

The very first reward adjustment will happen in about 30 blocks! The reward will update from 40 CRE per block to 45 CRE per block!

Get your miners started if you don't have them running already. We are on the lower side of the S-curve, and the mining reward will continue to rise in the coming months and years!

Extremely exciting news! The block reward update and the new improved client harddrive footprint are great for the Credits project!
Rumor has it a new website might be going up as well for an easy way to get ahold of Credits information and services.

Rumour eh Wink

Also, New update just came in, that a new user downloaded the torrent at 2 MB/s and copied over the folders, go the wallet synced and ready to mine in less than an hour.

Less than an hour to get synced FROM SCRATCH! .

That's nuts. We're on a good track here, team.

I've been syncing for over 3 hours and its still not done. Reading this post makes me want to cry! How come mine takes so long to sync and connect.
Activity: 294
Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

The very first reward adjustment will happen in about 30 blocks! The reward will update from 40 CRE per block to 45 CRE per block!

Get your miners started if you don't have them running already. We are on the lower side of the S-curve, and the mining reward will continue to rise in the coming months and years!

Extremely exciting news! The block reward update and the new improved client harddrive footprint are great for the Credits project!
Rumor has it a new website might be going up as well for an easy way to get ahold of Credits information and services.

Rumour eh Wink

Also,  a new user downloaded the torrent at 2 MB/s and in less than an hour.

That's nuts. We're on a good track here, team.

Edit: was wrong, seems I overexageratted Wink
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Designer - Developer

Repost that version version 0.9.1.60 of Credits client has been released in case you didn't see it earlier in this thread. Major update, shrinking working dir to 7.7GB!

See post a few replies above this one.

Finally! My working directory is no longer over 9000 GB. This should hopefully get third party exchanges more willing to get our client and list us though Smiley All is on the up and up for CRE! All board!

Note: So far I haven't had any issues with the new wallet, but will post here if I have any troubles!
Does this coin have features that actually use a sidechain?

Could you explain what you mean by "use a sidechain"? The coin is an assymetric one-way peg as described in section 3.3 in the blockstream white paper http://www.blockstream.com/sidechains.pdf.

Two way pegging can be implemented in Credits, but the value proposition for such an implementation is not high enough yet.

Any other type of sidechaining from Bitcoin is impossible without substantial updates to the Bitcoin protocol.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Does this coin have features that actually use a sidechain?
Version 0.9.1.60 of Credits client released. Major update, shrinking working dir to 7.7GB!

A new release of the Credits client is out now. This version is a major refactoring that will trim the working dir to a fraction of the previous size.

Updates in this release:
- Version number bumped to *.60.
- Further stability improvements have been done  to address the problematic "claim tip" error.
  The working directory bitcoin_chainstatecla will be merged with the credits_chainstate directory.
  This change requires a reindex of the working directory, or downloading an up to date
  version of the working directory from a torrent.
- The Bitcoin blockchain will be trimmed once all Bitcoin blocks have been parsed. This will save
  a substantial amount of space on disk, the working directory will be approximately 7.7GB instead of 45GB.
- Continued renaming of internal code base from Bitcredit to Credits.

--------------------------------

How to Upgrade
NOTE! Starting with version 0.9.1.60 the Bitcoin block chain will be trimmed to preserve
spaces, unless the option bitcoin_trimblockfiles has been set to 0. If a reindex
is done, or initialization done from a clean install, the download process will require 22GB
free on disk, which shrinks to about 7.7GB when the syncing of the working directory has finished.

NOTE 2! If you are upgrading from a version of Credits that is lower than 0.9.1.51, the
working directory could still be called Bitcredit or .bitcredit, depending on operating
system. You have to rename the directory yourself.

The default working directories are:
For Windows: C:/Users//AppData/Roaming/Bitcredit
For Ubuntu/Linux: /.bitcredit
For Mac: /Users//Library/Application Support/Bitcredit

And should be renamed to:
For Windows: C:/Users//AppData/Roaming/Credits
For Ubuntu/Linux: /.credits
For Mac: /Users//Library/Application Support/Credits

If you are running an older version, shut it down. Wait until it has completely
shut down (which might take a few minutes for older versions), then run the
installer (on Windows) or just copy over /Applications/Credits-Qt (on Mac) or
creditsd/credits-qt (on Linux).

!!!BEFORE YOU START THE WALLET, MAKE SURE TO MAKE BACKUP COPIES OF THE FILES CREDITS_WALLET.DAT
AND BITCOIN_WALLET.DAT, IF YOU HAVE A PREVIOUS INSTALLATION.!!!

Once installation is done, we highly recommend you to bootstrap the blockchain download and sync by downloading an up to date working directory:
Quick initialisation from torrent file

--------------------------------

Downloads can be found at:
http://credits-currency.org/viewforum.php?f=5

Getting started instructions can be found at:
http://credits-currency.org/viewforum.php?f=18
Build of version 0.9.1.60 is ongoing. More info will be added as soon as it is released.
News for exchange?

Exchanges have been contacted. Awaiting responses.
Wow! That is a big improvement in reducing the space required. Good work.

yeah, I was super stoked when I just caught up and noticed. This coin is going to moon soon.
I can feel it.
Can any of you?

Also, my wallet seems to be running a tad slow, anyone else having the same issues?

Slow in what sense? Could you give some example?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
..... ..... ..... .....
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Lick me like a lolipop

yeah, I was super stoked when I just caught up and noticed. This coin is going to moon soon.
I can feel it.
Can any of you?

Also, my wallet seems to be running a tad slow, anyone else having the same issues?
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Is the CPU hashing speed of Credit similar to bitcoin CPU hashing rate?

Yeah, but it's not extremely viable to CPU mine against the GPU mines, unless you have a CPU farm or something along those lines Smiley

Is it possible to set the number of threads/cpu cores for mining? Which SSE instruction set is required? I have the G1610.

What is the total hash rate at present?

What is the speed for stock 280X?

I don't have the 280X, but I think I remember a user saying they were getting 700 MH/s or around there.

Total hashrate dropped from 4 Gh/s to around 2.4 Gh/s in the last couple days as BTCtalk was down, but is recovering. We think a user had a GPU rig with a couple high end cards, but he switched his rig off for a bit.

As for CPU mining, I'm not familiar with the exact SSE instructions but I know you can set the # of threads used with the command from the wallet's debug window: "setgenerate true NumberOfCoresHere"

Doesn't use SSE at all, it'll run on a 486, likely.
Awesome news I can't wait hopefully the trimming will bring more new users onto the Credits train. keep up the awesome work Gabriel Cheesy

Agreed! I'm super pumped! It will also give exchanges an easier time trying to list us, as they don't need an additional 48 GB of space Smiley

Regardless, I'm trying to set up BTC deposits for CRE on creditsdice.com, which is technically a mini-exchange, where you can't place orders however. I think gabriel is working on setting up a third party exchange while we wait for bittrex.com and ccex and poloniex to respond!
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Awesome news I can't wait hopefully the trimming will bring more new users onto the Credits train. keep up the awesome work Gabriel Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: