Pages:
Author

Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD - page 22. (Read 57384 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Lead developer of Credits [CRE]
Ok got same problem as you now on my other computer so will see if I can sort it later sorry for this

What is the problem you are having? Sorry for dropping in out of the blue, but there where quite a lot of comments so if you refer the exact problem I might be able to help out.
Activity: 280
Lead developer of Credits [CRE]
ok just had a look in my working directory and a lot of the first blocks are 0 i dont know why this is but my wallet is working fine with them like that, it is the same in the torrent file aswell

That most of the Bitcoin block files are 0 in size is quite correct. Older blocks get trimmed to preserve disk space.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
right i've just redone my backup (whilst the program was shut)  Roll Eyes and installed it on my other PC to test and it works fine, so currently uploading to google again and i'll re send the link later it might even be morning now looking at the time.

i'll be leaving the wallet on my other computer which is my media pc running all the time to add as another connection to hopefully help with wallet syncs
I'll redo it tonight, is there any way to make this process easier in future?

Which process are you referring to? The process of backing up your working directory?
no the process of getting started as a new guy
Activity: 294
Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

Which process are you referring to? The process of backing up your working directory?
Activity: 294
Credits [CRE] - Community Manager
Ok got same problem as you now on my other computer so will see if I can sort it later sorry for this

Yeah, the files are slightly corrupted because you copied them while your wallet was active, you're lucky your wallet was still able to start! If you decide to do it again, you must leave your wallet powered off while you copy the files to a new dir/upoload them to google drive Smiley

Thanks for helping the community out though! Smiley
ok just had a look in my working directory and a lot of the first blocks are 0 i dont know why this is but my wallet is working fine with them like that, it is the same in the torrent file aswell
I think some of them are supposed to be 0 but I can't check now for another hour or so got kids to look after
legendary
Activity: 1028
Merit: 1000
jep .

what does your .RAR shown in dir bitcoin_blocks ?

0 Size ? . I mean not ALL are 0 Sizes
till Block 00235 = 0 Size
and CLA.dat mostly 0 Size

Did you take read only off for the contents of the directory?
Come to think of it I don't think I did shut it down
legendary
I can't help then, I have a second computer I can try this on later to see if my files are no good I just copied all the files out of my directory that were in the torrent file that worked for me, the advantage should have been that mine would have been more up to date

did you shutdown your wallet and then packed file ?

Anyway , just download chain from wallet , tooks a while ;(

edit: direct from your .RAR

I can't help then, I have a second computer I can try this on later to see if my files are no good I just copied all the files out of my directory that were in the torrent file that worked for me, the advantage should have been that mine would have been more up to date
legendary
i know

got different settings tryed . if i put my normal bitcoin chain in it , works.
BUT ! Cre Chain will stucked till 7 weeks. then failure and if i hit OK = crashed
How long did it take to download from my google drive?

ahh sorry forget , was in the garden Wink

Download with my 150mbit tooks about 20 mins . I dont have a look of it, cause gardening

i put your unpacked file in my dir ( make a new dir ) and started with -datadir= .....

it will start and put bitcoin wallet etc new in this dir , BUT ! failure = GenesisBlock not found.

i got 0 Size Files in your Bitcoin Chain

You need to put these files in your users/glen/appdata/roaming/credits folder
Activity: 6
Merit: 0

Is the hashing algorithm ASIC resistant?

Somebody get this man a brain transplant.
legendary

ahh sorry forget , was in the garden Wink

Download with my 150mbit tooks about 20 mins . I dont have a look of it, cause gardening

i put your unpacked file in my dir ( make a new dir ) and started with -datadir= .....

it will start and put bitcoin wallet etc new in this dir , BUT ! failure = GenesisBlock not found.

i got 0 Size Files in your Bitcoin Chain

Pages:
Jump to: