Pages:
Author

Topic: Criminal Lawsuit against BFL in Germany [in progress] - page 3. (Read 7131 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
I hate BFL, but I think this is funny.  I have visions of a german guy in an interpol uniform with a little blue light on his car roof knocking on BFL's doors and just being waved away like a mosquito.  It's a US corporation.  Pound sand, Germany.

Its not that funny.. A german court can confiscate every product that BFL ships into the EU.

That people will risk the purchases from everyone who lives in Europe..

So that would be the Germans screwing other Germans.  Not prosecuting BFL.  How does that nip the problem in the bud, exactly?

Oh sorry.. I forgot that most are from the us....  There are germans in europe.. but not everyone in europe is german.. like there are dogs in the US but not everyone in the US is a dog....

Aw I hurt your feelings.   I'm sorry.  There, now let's move on and I'll rephrase so you can (hopefully) understand.

"That would be the Germans screwing everyone in the EU, not BFL.  How exactly does that nip the problem in the bud?"

The idea is to screw BFL for further business in Europe. It takes way too long though.

Apart from that, if someone launched a fraud investigation and someone was actually sentenced while in absence (Which can happen) then a European arrest warrant would ensure that he gets nowhere near anywhere in the EU anymore and will be arrest in any country that has extradition treaties with the European Union countries.

To be honest, the EU warrant is the most insane tool I know of. Look at Julian Assange. I have seen German people dragged from the UK to Spain because of their name, since there was an EU arrest warrant in Spain. Cheesy

Of course, it all cleared up. In Sevilla.

Another variation is that you might create a small whirlwind that is... well coming over to the US. BFL's ideas about contract laws are already iffy and completely wrong, from what I have learnt about them. So probably, they might get into trouble at some time. Justicia is moving slowly, but she rarely stops moving once set in motion...

Activity: 238
I hate BFL, but I think this is funny.  I have visions of a german guy in an interpol uniform with a little blue light on his car roof knocking on BFL's doors and just being waved away like a mosquito.  It's a US corporation.  Pound sand, Germany.

Its not that funny.. A german court can confiscate every product that BFL ships into the EU.

That people will risk the purchases from everyone who lives in Europe..

So that would be the Germans screwing other Germans.  Not prosecuting BFL.  How does that nip the problem in the bud, exactly?

Oh sorry.. I forgot that most are from the us....  There are germans in europe.. but not everyone in europe is german.. like there are dogs in the US but not everyone in the US is a dog....

Aw I hurt your feelings.   I'm sorry.  There, now let's move on and I'll rephrase so you can (hopefully) understand.

"That would be the Germans screwing everyone in the EU, not BFL.  How exactly does that nip the problem in the bud?"
Activity: 1484
Merit: 500
Across The Universe
34 german customers gave me their identity and order IDs so far. None of them did receive any unit from BFL.

SHUT Up nobody give you anything fucking TROLL !!!!  attention !!! probably identie Thief
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
I like how OP has been collecting names and adresses of these 34 "victims". No doubt to threaten, provoke and aggro with the mighty sword "Blade of ClassAction +2".

Reminder that class action does not exist in Germany.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1002

One way that we can address misconduct created through socks and stolen accounts is to hold our community to higher levels of evidence. 

Yes.
staff
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8672
I can't think of one good reason it should have been in allowed
It's absolutely impossible to prevent. By condoning it, no one is in denial that it happens and can be more on the alert for it. It's also quite analogous— or at least carries similar harms— to plain sockpuppeting, which is also generally impossible to prevent.

One way that we can address misconduct created through socks and stolen accounts is to hold our community to higher levels of evidence.  There is a lawsuit? Oh really?  Post some [potentially redacted] docs "or GTFO".
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
I read somewhere, that OP's acc has been sold...

OP's name was registered a myriad of times on various site, mostly all around the same time frame.

I was thinking that one of those sites got hacked and gleaned the password of which may have been used across the board.

For the life of me I can't believe that the selling of users accounts on this forum isn't condoned. I can't think of one good reason it should have been in allowed in the first place. Actually, I can think of a nefarious reason, but I rather not go there.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
I read somewhere, that OP's acc has been sold...
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Why is Carol listed as Male in their profile?
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Is the OP's name Carol Johnson?
Activity: 238
Something doesn't make sense. I vote troll.
I'm with you at this point, but not for the reasons most have posted in this thread.

It's completely plausible that authorities might bring criminal charges against BFL in Germany, and there is almost certainly the necessary treaties and law to permit the prosecution.  This is particularly so if the authorities were presented with multiple citizens with the same prima facia complaint of violation.

BUT... It is not at all typical, nor credible, that an attorney, or agent, of those parties would announce a criminal investigation (not the OP says in effect "not yet" to existence of charges) that is on going.

I'm skeptical.  But wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it all out of hand.
Activity: 454
Merit: 252
I don't know much about the German legal system, but the words"criminal" "lawsuit" and "prosecutor" are not usually used in the same sentence. Also, lawyers are generally calculating and only do things when there is something to gain. Why tip your hand on some internet forum, and why do it anonymously when you could get more clients by advertising?

This is an old thread:
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/528396.html

but it looks like the combined cost of the trial AND of collecting against a foreign corporation from Germany will probably exceed whatever damages that will be awarded against BFL for non-delivery. So, the only one that wins here is the lawyer...

Something doesn't make sense. I vote troll. But if it is real, I applaud the lawyer for finding 30+ paying saps! Now they're out BFL money and lawyer money.
Activity: 490
UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT
@OP LOL you arn't even an official account your name has fuckin 3 repeating digits in it.. Why in the fuck would you think anything you say is credible here?...

You forgot to mention ASICminer fan too!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2699857

Lulz thanks for the link erk this person is definately a troll XD
erk
Activity: 826
@OP LOL you arn't even an official account your name has fuckin 3 repeating digits in it.. Why in the fuck would you think anything you say is credible here?...

You forgot to mention ASICminer fan too!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2699857
Activity: 490
UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT
legendary
Activity: 966
BFL are not in the EU.

BFL's CEO Nasser Ghoseiri lives in France.

That probably doesn't count for much though.  Germany != EU != France.
He is not their CEO.

Nasser Ghoseiri is the CEO
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
Germany custom corruption, they are mining bitcoins like crazy Wink
legendary
Activity: 1190
BFL are not in the EU.

BFL's CEO Nasser Ghoseiri lives in France.

That probably doesn't count for much though.  Germany != EU != France.
He is not their CEO.

If not him, then who?  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
It amazes me the number of gullible people that even think that a commercial consumer complaint falls under criminal law, instead of the relevant consumer legislation.

I believe starting with consumer complaints is a valid first step in establishing a criminal case, if we're arguing semantics and realities.

You would be surprised at how effective filing consumer complaints can be. Especially when done en-masse so much so that authorities start seeing a pattern of complaints developing.

erk
Activity: 826
It amazes me the number of gullible people that even think that a commercial consumer complaint falls under criminal law, instead of the relevant consumer legislation.
Pages:
Jump to: