Pages:
Author

Topic: Criminality and Bitcoin - page 28. (Read 31293 times)

Activity: 195
Merit: 10
January 09, 2018, 12:19:33 PM
bitcoin can be used as criminal purpose. because whether you use it for good or bad work depend on you.it is not human being or it has no artificial intelligence that prevents it from bad ppurpose. it is just a digital currency. it is unfair to blame bitcoin.
but it is also true that criminals always search for the opportunity of any system for their purpose.so crime can be increased. if justice is everywhere criminals reduce then there will be no problem.
so the government  which blaming bitcoin, you may first find criminals and reduce the quantity then blame bitcoin.
Activity: 154
January 09, 2018, 11:47:57 AM
Since the currency of the crypt is a new market, the situation in the crime regulation law can not be organized.
Since bitcoin does not create crime, I will not have any problems in the near future.
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 284
January 09, 2018, 11:36:46 AM
https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.
Yeah, that is the problem with new technologies. Sometimes, I don't know what is wrong with security agencies, they are always left behind in terms of catching criminals and they always refer it something, it is pretty obvious that this time they blame it on bitcoin. Hmm, that's very funny!
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
When Football meets Crypto
January 09, 2018, 10:29:18 AM
i doubt it.
criminal activities were happening even before bitcoin. for example the ransomware that everyone is talking about these days have been around a very long time before bitcoin was created!

and besides since bitcoin doesn't offer real anonymity it can not really help the criminals as much as things like hard cash helps them.

You are right, There are already criminals before but with bitcoins, It may increase further more since this is a digital currency and everyone can use it, They can buy anything online even those people who wants to create illegal transactions and that is the reason why some government are avoiding bitcoins to circulate in their country.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
January 09, 2018, 10:16:52 AM
Technology always advances and with the criminal art. It's unfortunate but technology only brings more of this in addition to progress
Activity: 364
Merit: 267
January 07, 2018, 12:02:21 AM
i do believe that one of the very reason why bitcoin become popular during its early stages was due to the support or usage obtained from criminal activitues.
We cant deny the fact that bitcoin has been by criminal since they have also seen the advantage of using it to conceal their transactions.

It would be naive to think criminal activity wasn't a major factor back in the day, but now most of the users of bitcoin are traders and users which want to earn money in a legal way, this is nothing new, a significant number of new technologies are adopted first by the military or by criminals so I don't think bitcoin is unique in that aspect but thank god we've left those years behind us.
Everything starts at the bottom I guess since there where less people using bitcoin back then they saw it as an opportunity to use it as a medium on making their illegal transactions but still there are people using it for themselves. Especially now a days that earning bitcoin is a great source of income a lot of people are engaging to use this and they cannot really identify who is using it for illegal transactions because you reamain anonymous through out the process.
Activity: 364
January 06, 2018, 09:42:12 PM
Criminal activity is and will always be, so as not to do what is happening.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
January 06, 2018, 09:33:34 PM
i do believe that one of the very reason why bitcoin become popular during its early stages was due to the support or usage obtained from criminal activitues.
We cant deny the fact that bitcoin has been by criminal since they have also seen the advantage of using it to conceal their transactions.

It would be naive to think criminal activity wasn't a major factor back in the day, but now most of the users of bitcoin are traders and users which want to earn money in a legal way, this is nothing new, a significant number of new technologies are adopted first by the military or by criminals so I don't think bitcoin is unique in that aspect but thank god we've left those years behind us.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol
January 06, 2018, 01:08:58 PM
https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.
I guess no i dont see the bitcoin can be a great way to do a transaction online for the terorrist but i guess it is a good way but i dont see bitcoin your such increase the criminality we already known bitcoin for a past year and it is already use in this kind of way and primarily use in online transaction where you cannot be track online by using this kind of transaction but i guess even it become more popular i guess it is not a reason even if they have this currency it would really not attract a lot of terrorist to do more illegal things.
I do not negate Bitcoin was used for crime. But nowadays, the criminal tracking agencies have reported that the use of Bitcoin for money laundering has decreased significantly over time. Instead, the criminal are using other altcoin as Monero, Ethereum and other anonymous cryptocurrencies for money laundering.
Activity: 489
Merit: 250
January 05, 2018, 11:20:44 AM

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

I guess no i dont see the bitcoin can be a great way to do a transaction online for the terorrist but i guess it is a good way but i dont see bitcoin your such increase the criminality we already known bitcoin for a past year and it is already use in this kind of way and primarily use in online transaction where you cannot be track online by using this kind of transaction but i guess even it become more popular i guess it is not a reason even if they have this currency it would really not attract a lot of terrorist to do more illegal things.
Activity: 224
Merit: 4
January 05, 2018, 11:18:18 AM
While Bitcoin might actually turn out to be one of the safest and least ‘bad’ ways to use money, it doesn’t mean that criminals don’t use it. Just like normal money, they do. But there are two important things to note - firstly, that as more data becomes available in the industry, the more it is becoming clear the number of bad uses is very, very minute - if the entire Bitcoin ecosystem is represented by a big mountain, the size of the bad parts is a couple of rocks. Second, that in any financial system, this is a risk that can never be eliminated, merely mitigated, and Bitcoin has some of the best tools in the world for that.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
January 05, 2018, 10:49:31 AM
Bitcoin has nothing to do with criminality. We all know cybercrime will happen if we catch up the program of scammers. Be aware and be alert! They are everywhere. Criminality is already exist in this world before we know bitcoin.
Activity: 336
January 05, 2018, 10:38:11 AM
We know cybercrime already exist even long long before bitcoin come with all the opportunity that it give
I'm afraid hacker grow more and more to steal our bitcoin
i hope every wallet improve their security system day by day i hope
Activity: 266
Merit: 11
January 05, 2018, 10:29:32 AM
This is one of the disadvantage of cryptocurrency. Since it is decentralized, no one can actually control it. But then, crypto is still growing, so the creators might be able to find a way to address this issue.
Activity: 490
Merit: 28
January 05, 2018, 06:16:43 AM
Cybercriminals often use the Bitcoin as the mode of payment for the money that was extorted from their victims. :/
Even before bitcoin cyber criminal extortionist are present in the crypto world and even before we have internet because criminals is always finding ways how to take advantages on different monetary transaction since Bitcoin is anonymous in nature it is most likely favorite avenue of criminal activities.
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
January 05, 2018, 06:13:22 AM
Bitcoin in my opinion will not cause criminality because we ourselves who play it In taking advantage And help the community in anticipating the growing unemployment that will make the crime will diminished.And the sense of comfort will also arise if the population can afford all the economic System every day.So that makes the country well ordered than ever after the public knows of the existence of bitcoin.
Activity: 126
January 05, 2018, 06:13:15 AM
A terrorist has found a bitcoin weaknesses and used it to transfer their funds
Activity: 85
Machine Learning & AI - Trustless Ledger System
January 05, 2018, 06:04:27 AM
criminals and bitcoin can be one of the most terrible things in the hands of bad guys. bitcoin can be used for corruption asset storage cases and harm the state. but I hope bitcoin will be one of the things that is positive and not used for negative things.

Unfortunately it is the sad part of crypto currencies world. One of the reason why price is growing because of this dirty money.
Activity: 26
January 05, 2018, 05:58:29 AM
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
January 05, 2018, 05:29:08 AM
Cybercriminals often use the Bitcoin as the mode of payment for the money that was extorted from their victims. :/
Pages:
Jump to: