Pages:
Author

Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin - page 32. (Read 4492 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
May 24, 2018, 03:37:57 AM
bitcoin made for the payment of criminal action in my opinion it is a bad act because it can damage the good name bitcoin. Because actually bitcoin is a very neutral digital currency which means bitcoin is a tool to make payments

Bitcoin is being used by the criminals to sustain their needs like illegal drugs, cars, guns and etc. Because transaction being made in Bitcoin is anonymous. People will abuse the advantage of what Bitcoin can give. However it will depend to the holder whether to use Bitcoin in the positive way or the negative one.
Activity: 457
Merit: 100
May 24, 2018, 01:39:26 AM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
bitcoin and criminality that has become news that is not new anymore even I often read and I hear it is bitcoin there is no rule or prohibition for anyone who invests because bitcoin is still freely accessible to anyone and anywhere it does not rule out the criminals use it to take advantage for crime
Activity: 292
Merit: 102
Bounty Detective
May 24, 2018, 01:24:45 AM
Bitcoin's purpose wasn't like this, but people abused it and used it the other way. So like most of us says, the problem lies not with bitcoin but its users. One of bitcoin's property is being in a transaction anonymously, but the others took advantage of it and used it to execute their illegal motives, and that once again, is a liability in the part of the users, because since it is anonymous the owners/founders or whatever they are called, can't track that transaction and only the user itself has the access to that transaction.
Activity: 125
Merit: 1
May 24, 2018, 01:07:01 AM
bitcoin made for the payment of criminal action in my opinion it is a bad act because it can damage the good name bitcoin. Because actually bitcoin is a very neutral digital currency which means bitcoin is a tool to make payments
Activity: 10
May 23, 2018, 02:43:17 PM
 Unfortunately, It's still is a good market for criminals to hide money when investing, and this is also a good place to launder money  Undecided

https://www.calcalistech.com/ctech/articles/0,7340,L-3738588,00.html
Activity: 406
Merit: 19
May 23, 2018, 02:33:04 PM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades. 

They may not be able to track transactions that occur within blockchain technology, as long as KYC does not function properly.

Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that,

Before any Internet they have committed a crime, even before we were born. Evil people are always good at exploiting the situation and conditions they do not care about the place and time nor the type of crime mode, as long as they feel comfortable to do so then there will be a crime will do.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
May 23, 2018, 01:57:14 PM
Hello everyone, in Russia, many criminals began to use crypto currency. To sell drugs or something like that? Be careful
Activity: 56
May 23, 2018, 01:51:30 PM
the truth is there is nothing criminals don't operate with. they use anything within their power to do their illegal business, so bitcoin is not the first neither will it be the last. those who emphasize on criminals using bitcoins are just looking for a way to attack bitcoin and its purpose, thereby looking for unreasonable reasons.
Activity: 196
Merit: 30
May 23, 2018, 12:39:22 PM
I think bitcoin is long way been associated in illegal activities before you even knew it. It has been the currency that fueled silk road, an underground buy and sell site that focuses on trading illegal stuffs like drugs and guns. But the operatives have found a trace on those people and shutdown the whole system. However, illegal activities don't stop there. There are hackers who hack a site, get the company data in exchange for a bitcoin. There are even site with a builtin pow which harness the computing power of its visitor. And i think there are more creative way on how people will use bitcoin and alts in their evelish activities.
Activity: 364
https://bvo.trybravo.com/
May 23, 2018, 12:36:31 PM
You can't track any transactions of bitcoins and it gives a room for criminals to do their crimes. You need to take care of your financial safety as anyways crimes happen whether online or offline.
Activity: 70
May 23, 2018, 12:26:48 PM
Almost half of all Bitcoin (BTC) transactions sent to date have been associated with illegal activity, a new report has revealed.

Researchers at the University of Sydney have uncovered that a quarter of Bitcoin users have ties to criminal activity and that a little less than half of all Bitcoin transactions have been linked to illicit industries, like drug trafficking and hacking.

These customers are thought to conduct somewhere in the region of 36 million individual transactions per annum, with a total value of around $72 billion. They’re also predicted to hold around $8 billion worth of Bitcoin collectively.

It’s easy to see why the criminal underworld has been drawn to Bitcoin.

The virtual currency is untraceable, providing customers with a way to split money up and move it around, obscuring the breadcrumbs that be used to form a trail, before withdrawing it to a bank account in the shape of a traditional currency.
Activity: 411
www.thegeomadao.com
May 23, 2018, 12:21:02 PM
In the deep web the bitcoin use a money for trading items such as guns and drugs, bitcoin are really big help for them but I think it is not good to use it for wrong doings. That's why the bitcoin has a bad background when it comes to other people.
Activity: 50
Merit: 3
KUWA.ai
May 23, 2018, 12:19:07 PM
bitcoin is always an easy target for criminals because they can easily transfer money from their crime by hiding it into bitcoin. most governments can not legalize bitcoin because bitcoin is widely abused by irresponsible people, but not all bitcoin holders do a negative activity but bitcoin is widely used by everyone who uses it as a money-making business.
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
May 23, 2018, 11:21:41 AM
Actually bitcoin can't be blamed entirely as a result of existing criminal incidents. because everything depends on each bitcoin holder, will be used for good or bad.
yes the use of bitcoin is entirely in each person, of course if the person is using bitcoin properly, bitcoin will not have an adverse effect on life, but it is different if it is used for illegal actions such as money laundering, crime funding, of course will bring a bad impact in the eyes of society
copper member
Activity: 644
May 23, 2018, 11:21:18 AM
Criminals are in every sector with or without BITCOIN crime will still go on.
The recent one happened in south Africa where kidnapper's where requesting payment in BTC, but the truth is with BITCOIN they will still do their business.
Activity: 420
Merit: 102
May 23, 2018, 11:15:35 AM
Yes indeed the community is the problem in bitcoin. Negative behavior of people who use bitcoin for negative actions. So it's on each and do not blame the bitcoin. We must change our negative behavior and replace it with something positive.

Bitcoin is a great coin so some of the people are using it for negative purposes. Some people are becoming hackers just to get a coin and take it as their own. Hacking an account is considered as a crime.
Activity: 93
Mountains is my passion
May 23, 2018, 11:11:36 AM
I do not think there is any way to find that transaction and it's so anonymous so no one will know it. This has two sides of benefit and harm. Therefore, the government still can not accept it if it is not publicly transparent. This will lose the character of Bitcoin so no one will participate in it.

But lot of criminals use fiats for their crafty things, mostly we can't track that. The cryptocurrency is a tool, not an evil thing.
Activity: 501
Merit: 147
May 23, 2018, 11:06:54 AM
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

I don't think that's their reason in shutting down Bitcoins. Like what you have said the problem is the SOCIETY so what the hell they will shut Bitcoin down if the problem was the people itself. Also, it is so hard to track those illegal activities since those criminals are also upgrading and become more intelligent in running their bad doings. Thanks to the apps where you can change your location every single minute.
Activity: 154
May 23, 2018, 11:02:19 AM
I do not think there is any way to find that transaction and it's so anonymous so no one will know it. This has two sides of benefit and harm. Therefore, the government still can not accept it if it is not publicly transparent. This will lose the character of Bitcoin so no one will participate in it.
Activity: 344
May 23, 2018, 11:01:25 AM
Yes indeed the community is the problem in bitcoin. Negative behavior of people who use bitcoin for negative actions. So it's on each and do not blame the bitcoin. We must change our negative behavior and replace it with something positive.
Pages:
Jump to: