Pages:
Author

Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin - page 34. (Read 4492 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 2
May 23, 2018, 07:06:40 AM
"Freedom is used buy criminals", lets face it if we embrace the surveillance state, and everything everyone does is constantly monitored by the state... there would be a lot less crime. Less crime perpetrated by the subjects of the state at least, the governments will still be allowed to get away with murder of course.
Activity: 119
Merit: 0
May 23, 2018, 07:06:15 AM
Right, mostly of criminals now are educated so no reason one of the bitcoin popular in the world is not easy to planning it.
Activity: 50
May 23, 2018, 06:55:32 AM
The US dollar is used by criminals. Pablo Escobar built a billion dollar cocaine empire without having access to bitcoin.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 281
May 23, 2018, 06:54:02 AM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
There are now criminals that are now using bitcoins because they know that the government will have hard time to trace the transaction. They using bitcoins as payments because of its advantages which is being decentralized.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 129
May 23, 2018, 06:50:23 AM
Illegal activities are generally difficult to trace especially when evidence seems to be difficult to trace and cryptocurrency might be one of the evidence which might be difficult to trace to a particular identity. being anonymous in making transaction is a pros for criminals but cons for government and other organisation that need identity verifications. As the crypto market continue to grow wide the more criminal will continue to use them. example of this is what is happening now with some ICO where so many faceless people have defrauded people of their savings (Denaro etc)
Activity: 546
Merit: 101
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
May 23, 2018, 06:27:48 AM
Where there are benefits to be gained, there certainly be a crime that can be done by anyone. Because the characteristic of bitcoin or crypto itself., is still showing things that are vulnerable to negative activities that occur on the internet, of course this still be one thing that is still very in worry by the certain countries.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
May 23, 2018, 06:20:37 AM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
I don't think the invention of bitcoin is main course of criminal activities. Before bitcoin those nefarious acts were still in the system. I believe bitcoin has nothing to do with criminality even though some economies has sanction bitcoin trading. With time people will understand cryptocurrencies and would finally distinguish it from criminal acts
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
May 23, 2018, 06:18:00 AM
It is rather unfortunate that some governments have refused to realize the numerous benefits of Bitcoin and have rather chosen to attribute the emergence of crimes with the emergence of Bitcoin. Probably, people need more insight to acknowledge the fact that Bitcoin has no relationship with criminal acts.

They all know that, they know that Bitcoin can be used in illegal acts and it is their own decision why they ban or do not legalize Bitcoin. We can't do anything about their decisions but the good thing is there are still a lot of countries that accepts Bitcoin and in the future, they might use it as a normal currency, I just hope.
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
Improve your mode of payment with crypto
May 23, 2018, 06:12:27 AM
It is rather unfortunate that some governments have refused to realize the numerous benefits of Bitcoin and have rather chosen to attribute the emergence of crimes with the emergence of Bitcoin. Probably, people need more insight to acknowledge the fact that Bitcoin has no relationship with criminal acts.
Activity: 158
May 23, 2018, 06:09:53 AM
I think it has nothing to do with bitcoin, it all goes back to individual thought and behavior. The bottom line is that hacking is not just because of bitcoins, savings accounts containing fiat money balances can also be hacked.
Even when there is no internet, people have committed a crime. And this happened long before civilization.
Activity: 252
Merit: 17
May 23, 2018, 06:05:05 AM
Criminality will never and must not tag with bitcoin. Criminal are just using the name of bitcoin on their wrong or bad doing. This is the reason why other people are thinking that bitcoin is a bad doing because of those criminal that are using the name of the bitcoin on their illegal transactions. Here in our country there are a lot of cases that some people were been scammed and fraud by those criminals using the name of bitcoin. Also by those criminals using the name of bitcoin is the reason for some of countries to banned bitcoin in their country.
Activity: 10
May 23, 2018, 05:17:31 AM
Hi friends, I would like to tell you about such a wonderful project as Crypro Credit card, in short Crypto Credit Card - the platform based on the blockchain technology Ethereum, with its own crypto-exchanges and mobile banking services, I think it says a lot , this ICO project is currently one of the most promising at the moment, it has a good future and it is capable of much, this company employs an excellent team of professionals who will soon show the capabilities of its cool cryptocurrency, I think it is worth looking at the expense of this project, I think soon will fly to the moon, , participation in which can take absolutely everyone without investing any effort, I think it is worth thinking about buying this cryptocurrency, again, but soon shoot, it is better to buy on the ICO , because the prices are completely different.The project is presented with a large number of new and interesting programs. Join and invest in this great project and become a part of it,otherwise you will regret later that you did not invest your money in Crypto credit card, because its really good idea
Activity: 210
May 23, 2018, 04:21:34 AM
Bitcoin can be used by anyone, anytime on however they want to use it. So Bitcoin is not to be blame on anything that happens on how it was used, people should be accountable on the things that they do and the consequences of their actions. Also the governments should take the people accountable on their actions not just ban and blame the tool because it has all other good purposes, you cannot just ban it because it can be use on some bad ones.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
May 23, 2018, 03:45:15 AM
Remember the story of Edward Snowden. Governments now have technologies that are easily searchable by anyone. Most often it is simply not in their interest.
Activity: 2
May 23, 2018, 03:28:48 AM
"Bitcoin is losing its luster with some of its earliest and most avid fans (criminals too) giving rise to a new breed of virtual currency"
"Privacy coins such as monero, designed to avoid tracking, have climbed faster over the past two months as law enforcers adopt software tools to monitor people using bitcoin"
Quoted from: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-02/criminal-underworld-is-dropping-bitcoin-for-another-currency
Definitely an interesting read

Activity: 133
May 23, 2018, 03:25:32 AM
Bitcoin can be a tool for progress but it really depends on how you use it. Much like a gun can be used to protect or destroy but it depends on who wields it. So it is regulated.
Activity: 140
May 23, 2018, 03:04:58 AM
I agree that the crimes you mentioned are some of the reasons the government forbids cryptocurrency. the longer, the police crime handling solution is also getting more sophisticated, I'm sure the police will solve this problem. actually not a lot of policing, but also all society should also keep the crime can be minimized.
Activity: 70
May 22, 2018, 02:43:10 AM
I think there is nothing wrong with bitcoin, the wrong one is the one who abuse it. bitcoin itself is free, all transactions can not be tracked by anyone, with so many people using bitcoin the wrong way.

Crime has become part of human nature. Every thing that can make money there are many criminals. Criminals and bitcoins are well connected. Bitcoin is an anonymous cryptocurrency that helps them transact under the radar. But nowadays, there are many altcoins that do better than bitcoin in terms of privacy so bitcoin is now more of an investment or an asset than the currency used to transact illegally and Bitcoin gives us the possibility to share money directly without any disturbance.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
May 22, 2018, 02:37:24 AM
Criminals and terrorists are doing wrong things which is unethical and bad for the humanity so i believe that bitcoin is the digital money which may be use for any kind of activity. Bitcoin is the money which is designed for the promoting online business and payments over the internet and would love to use bitcoin for investment. we have to stay away from these type of people.

How do you do that when mostly the transactions are anonymous? It's inevitable that these kinds of people will use anything to their advantage, including bitcoin. That's why it's not a bad thing to have certain regulations implemented. As it stands, one thing that will drag crypto down would always be bad people have the luxury to use it for bad purposes.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
May 22, 2018, 01:40:44 AM
Criminals and terrorists are doing wrong things which is unethical and bad for the humanity so i believe that bitcoin is the digital money which may be use for any kind of activity. Bitcoin is the money which is designed for the promoting online business and payments over the internet and would love to use bitcoin for investment. we have to stay away from these type of people.
Pages:
Jump to: