Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto in infancy - page 10. (Read 2753 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
February 14, 2018, 03:07:18 AM
All the crypto world needs is an education to create better awareness and investments. What do you think are ways to go about it, apart from various conferences and meets.
The first move should be from the government,which compose majority of the officials they need to be educated so they will not the future if cryptocurrencie are fully implemented,most of these official doesnt have any idea what is cryptocurrency that is why they are opposing the use of it.
Yeah, government really have some huge role to play and it is good some of them are beginning to understand they have a lot of benefit to gain from the cryptocurrency awareness which is why they are going the regulation way thus far.

The truth though is that some people are still limited to internet, and some are just not the internet freaks, some do not even know how to search on the internet and all these basics alone can affect some people from gaining some knowledge or awareness. However, the media is a good way to start and they are doing some good job.

Either with the FUDs, or good articles, one way or the other, they are making people to start asking questions or that is all that is needed.
Activity: 368
Merit: 100
February 13, 2018, 11:31:20 PM
A very good tool is our forum. There is a lot of useful information and links to the necessary resources
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
February 13, 2018, 11:03:29 PM
Cryptocurrency adoption has not started yet. I predict there will come a time in the future when it will be practically not convenient to transact with the current system of fiat and banking. Cryptocurrency will definitely be the better and only option for the world.

I completely agree. It's the evolution of globalisation. I disagree with people stating governments need to intervene: governments will destroy this if they could!
Activity: 322
homt.net
February 13, 2018, 07:30:32 PM
All the crypto world needs is an education to create better awareness and investments. What do you think are ways to go about it, apart from various conferences and meets.

I absolutely agree with you. An education about crypto world is really necessary. It will be more easier and profitable if people have the knowledge about crypto. We can get the knowledge by reading the article, news, sharing information and discussion in the forum.
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
February 13, 2018, 05:56:13 PM
Due to the turbulent past and the news about altcoins, lots of people are reluctant to learn or investigate about cryptocurrency. Those who do, might find themselves in a very confusing environment since there isn't an "easy" way to learn how this world works. So, my idea would be to learn about cryptocurrencies in an interactive way such as some sort of videogame Smiley
Activity: 154
Magic is real
February 13, 2018, 05:50:22 PM
Besides that I read a lot of news and try to follow the projects in telegram chats, I learn a lot of new here on the forum. I also have friends who are also interested in the world of crypto-currencies. We share our thoughts, knowledge and just have fun. I think that in ICO and in general in the prospects of altcoins, a large number of different opinions are important.
Activity: 238
February 13, 2018, 10:24:25 AM
The only way to have a proper education about cryptocurrency is to make it as a course or a subject in University. It can also be teach thru online if professors have no knowledge about it. There must be a standard teaching if it is to be implemented.
Activity: 266
February 13, 2018, 07:45:26 AM

Your are absolutely right op, if only everyone in the crypto world were well educated enough about how the crypto world system works, I pretty much think that there will be fewer people, if not all, that will be losing capital or will have to be forced to panic sell. But then again, if this happens, the thrill will be gone from the crypto world which I honestly love.

But anyways, one way is to do free tutorials for this industry. Free books, pdfs, and so much more without the referral thingies or anything that would make the readers feel that they are being used. If anyone does this, I think that it will really bring so much traffic of people that are well rounded and knowledgeable enough to invest and hold cryptos instead of people that only coming because of the great hypes and greed then spread fud since they are so damn bitter because of losing a lot of good money invested.
Activity: 351
February 13, 2018, 07:24:57 AM
starting from yourself including me too, in the crypto world it is like a mental revolution to bring traditional mindset to modern because many people just think how to make money fast and they stop there
very difficult but it can be done, yeah start from the people closest to you because those who will connect your voice explain and cultivate in them how to invest well
Activity: 406
Merit: 174
February 13, 2018, 07:04:07 AM
Interesting thoughts. IMO too many people buying in with the wrong mindset, and are just hoping to make a quick profit -- but have absolutely no idea what the technology is about.

IMO, at the moment, these easily manipulated and inexperienced day-traders and speculators/gamblers who puts in more than they can afford to lose, while panicking way too easily due to FUD or easily scammed, are one of the major reason behind the current extreme volatility (coupled with the fact that the crypto market is currently still pretty young, and the MCAP is still relatively low than what it potentially could be in a few years time) -- and this is not good for the image of cryptos overall + impeding good cryptos from becoming adopted more widely in real-word use.

Perhaps the higher tax in the US on crypto trading + regulations is a good thing. Slows things down so that the price will match more closely to the actual development and adaptation of coins, rather than due to hype + reduces the amount of pump-and-dump scams by unethical whales trying to take advantage of inexperienced newcomers for their own profit to fill their already full pockets.

Very well reasoned arguments. Indeed this current wave of investors are panicers and not hodlers. Once they've moved out and the bear market is finished and the serious projects begin to mature, then the solid coins can go up again to their previous levels.
Activity: 434
February 13, 2018, 06:13:54 AM
There are a lot of youth that improve themself with own efforts in this market so this is not enough for true invest. We are part of them and need more education more information. If states support blockchain system , We can look more conferances, educations about blockchain.
copper member
Activity: 1050
Merit: 294
February 13, 2018, 06:07:03 AM
As future is all about digital currencies so to aware our kids about this technology is much needed.
Education through school is much effective and that's why it will be more suitable if it will included in syllabus of any course related to it.
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
February 13, 2018, 05:49:18 AM
Cryptocurrency used to look like be a ponzi scheme, and as countries gradually accepted bitcoins and other tokens, the Cryptocurrency market gradually became mainstream.
Activity: 89
Merit: 5
February 13, 2018, 05:47:39 AM
The technology might be in infancy, but the market is certainly not.
Over-invested, every coin is overpriced.
The giant bubble must burst first, before serious technological development can take place.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
February 13, 2018, 05:38:18 AM
In my opinion, very soon there will be different courses that teach you to make portfolios properly and understand and select the ISO in order to successfully invest your money.
Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
February 13, 2018, 05:25:45 AM
Cryptocurrency has transformed quite into a household name today, but despite it's renowned
popularity it still is a big question to some people and they find it hard to grasp and
fully appreciate. It needs awareness and exposure to people to show the potential capabilities
that cryptocurrency can offer. If governments accepts and regulates crypto, education
and other informative and helpful programs like symposiums and seminars will follow.
All it needs is cooperation, support and for the governments part a form of regulation.
It still is the next big thing and it will continue to innovate and prosper.
Good points. I do agree with the op that crypto is currently in its infancy and has a lot of room for growth. Take Bitcoin for example. It grew from a few cents all the way close to $21,000 which is phenomenal, but I still think this is just the beginning for Bitcoin since I believe it has the potential to touch $500,000 or above after couple of years.

Many popular altcoins like Ethereum and Litecoin are also undervalued at the moment and will continue to grow with time which is why I am HODLING these coins currently. Upcoming features like the integration of the lite Lightning network and mainstream adoption of segwit wallets etc will continue to drive the crypto market upwards.
Activity: 644
Merit: 299
February 13, 2018, 05:18:17 AM
The resources to learn and awareness is there all over the Internet, and even if you publish it in books or create banners, some who do not just want to understand will not bother. The awareness the media is creating alone even with their FUDs is good enough for curious investors to want to know more, which there are answers to them already, if they can just search on Google. However, at the end of it all, you cannot compel people to learn or believe what they do not want to believe.

The thing is that, for something at the infancy stage, it will take some time for the awareness to spread and it will take some people even longer period, to even get used to. I believe that over time, we will get to see more people getting to understand all they need to understand, but globally, at a good percentage of the population, I am not sure we can even get much. How many people even have access to the Internet today in some less developed countries? Those alone are some limitations.
Activity: 658
February 13, 2018, 05:10:26 AM
Interesting thoughts. IMO too many people buying in with the wrong mindset, and are just hoping to make a quick profit -- but have absolutely no idea what the technology is about.

IMO, at the moment, these easily manipulated and inexperienced day-traders and speculators/gamblers who puts in more than they can afford to lose, while panicking way too easily due to FUD or easily scammed, are one of the major reason behind the current extreme volatility (coupled with the fact that the crypto market is currently still pretty young, and the MCAP is still relatively low than what it potentially could be in a few years time) -- and this is not good for the image of cryptos overall + impeding good cryptos from becoming adopted more widely in real-word use.

Perhaps the higher tax in the US on crypto trading + regulations is a good thing. Slows things down so that the price will match more closely to the actual development and adaptation of coins, rather than due to hype + reduces the amount of pump-and-dump scams by unethical whales trying to take advantage of inexperienced newcomers for their own profit to fill their already full pockets.

I agree with the above and with the OP.
I have learned of people i know who bought bitcoin in November and December 2017 who knew very little of it.
They just thought they were going to hop on the train and it would take them to a better place.
They subsequently sold at a loss from fear of total loss and this has happened to too many people hence we are where we are now.
Its hard to get away from that and its not isolated to crypto but we need to educate ourselves before investing.
Yes I agree with your opinion. Prior to investing in any altcoins, you will also have to equip yourself with some knowledge of the crypto market if you do not want to lose all your money.
That's what I learned from my friend. He's not just me and he's got me reading a lot about crypto market sources to get to know them well.
Activity: 518
February 13, 2018, 05:06:11 AM
Cryptocurrency adoption has not started yet. I predict there will come a time in the future when it will be practically not convenient to transact with the current system of fiat and banking. Cryptocurrency will definitely be the better and only option for the world.
Activity: 490
Merit: 136
February 13, 2018, 05:01:47 AM

I agree with the above and with the OP.
I have learned of people i know who bought bitcoin in November and December 2017 who knew very little of it.
They just thought they were going to hop on the train and it would take them to a better place.
They subsequently sold at a loss from fear of total loss and this has happened to too many people hence we are where we are now.
Its hard to get away from that and its not isolated to crypto but we need to educate ourselves before investing.
Pages:
Jump to: