Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto is an Asset or Currency? - page 16. (Read 3385 times)

Activity: 2814
Merit: 526
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
January 05, 2018, 12:49:18 AM
For some people, Bitcoin is can be used as currency where you can pay something with your Bitcoin and also can also be used as an asset where you hold them until specified time to get profit. It depends on you, no need to rely with everyone's opinion.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
January 05, 2018, 12:11:09 AM
Bitcoin is currency for me I like to choose bitcoin to pay for hiring online services like web development and app developer because i am a software developer and having a business so bitcoin i am using for online payments. Bitcoin is very good for investment perspective like from this we can make some more income and the currency market is very sensitive  and tough for the new people but those survive who have some knowledge of this currency.
Activity: 420
January 04, 2018, 11:35:55 PM
I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?
I think that it is both actually. Cryptos can be used as payments to other users and at the same time cryptos itself has value that we can hold and later on sell.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
January 04, 2018, 11:30:10 PM
I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?
Bitcoin cryptocurrency can both play as a currency and an asset. As you can observe, why would it be called a cryptocurrency if it does not act as a currency? Bitcoin is a kind of currency in a form of being a virtual currency. In this type, currency can be used and accessed easily compared to the regular currency we have. In a way that it acts as a asset because it is good for long term holding especially for investments because it inhibits the characteristic of being capable and be able to grow in a designated period of time.
Lol yeah thats true, from the name we already know that bitcoin is a currency, you can use bitcoin to shop, I think now there are many merchants and reatillers who accept bitcoin as payment option, and of course bitcoin can also be used as an asset because bitcoin has value selling, where bitcoin has a higher price when more demand, perhaps from that bitcoin worthed to be an asset,,
The name of a currency is irrelevant when we need to determine if it's a currency, what we need to look at are the characteristics and see if those characteristics match what a currency needs, and when you do it, there is little doubt bitcoin is a currency, some try to use the changing price of bitcoin as an excuse to say it isn't a currency but that has never been necessary from a currency and if it was then the US dollar will not be a currency either.
Activity: 301
Merit: 3
DAEFROM.com
January 04, 2018, 09:52:18 PM
Crypto can be considered as currency as well as asset. We can use it in exchange for goods and also we can use it as an asset or investment. Although we can use it as a currency in some companies and establishments, still there are also companies which still not recognizing cryptos as a currency and it is the reason why more people considered and use it as an asset to gain more profit in order to convert it to fiat money.
Activity: 214
January 04, 2018, 09:22:26 PM
While crypto's can be used as a currency i don't think it is right now, more of an asset like you said.
I hope one day crypto's will be used as a currency meaning you can pay everything with it.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat
January 04, 2018, 09:17:10 PM

What is your opinion?
Well my opinion crypto is an currency and yes, it is possible that crypto can be assent in bitcoin because crypto creates an digital currency to make people safe there money to invest quickly and easy but guess what? crypto can be asset and bitcoin as well can be hacked.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 2094
January 04, 2018, 07:59:42 PM
in my opinion depends on the use of bitcoin, if we use bitcoin for a payment transaction of course bitcoin is the currency of the future that serves as a means of payment transactions but if the use of bitcoin as a business object for investment and trading of course bitcoin is an asset or commodity,
Activity: 630
Merit: 102
January 04, 2018, 07:49:10 PM
for me kripta is a digital currency, can be used investments and transactions easily and safely in use to earn a good income, so for me that way I will get more profits in the long run.
if you are investing at this time, you will get a big profit, because the price of bircoin every day rises.
Activity: 641
Merit: 505
January 04, 2018, 07:43:31 PM

What is your opinion?
Well I could say that it is currency but can also be callled an asset. It is a currency because just like fiat we could use it to make a transaction and it is an asset also because like gold, tokens in crypto can be hold for a long time in order to get profit.
Nowadays, many people considers bitcoin as an asset and we can't help it because its price grows over time making it very valuable and helpful to us financially. In fact, there are people who considers it as an investment because it had proved itself to be a good investment and many people are still getting interested in investing which helps to make the price grow higher.
Activity: 62
Merit: 60
January 04, 2018, 07:40:33 PM
This confuses me a lot, is it a currency because it is a digital currency that converts into cash or an investment that you can earn from it , but the nearest and closests is a currency. Because we use it as a money on digital world , we buy hings online using it.  No matter what it is bitcoin is bitcoin that is going to the moon.
Activity: 252
Merit: 105
Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
January 04, 2018, 07:18:48 PM
In my view, people are treating crypto as a form of property, investing to make a profit from it, in fact, people do not consider it a currency to trade or buy on a daily basis. People see the crypto as a piece of property similar to gold, jewelry, they will sell when the exchange rate is high. If so, then the current coin fails to fulfill its mission of becoming a future currency - what people can use to trade and sell in everyday life.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 416
January 04, 2018, 07:08:45 PM

What is your opinion?
Well I could say that it is currency but can also be callled an asset. It is a currency because just like fiat we could use it to make a transaction and it is an asset also because like gold, tokens in crypto can be hold for a long time in order to get profit.
Activity: 420
Merit: 50
January 04, 2018, 07:00:06 PM
It's initial purpose would have been to become a digital currency but because of its progress and increased value, it had become an asset. This is due to the fact that its value is too high and continuously increases which made people
Able to invest in it either short or long term, depending on the investor or indidvidual.
You're quite right here and I know that  you state here is about bitcoin crypto currency, which there's no doubt about being a form digital currency that obviously  considered as a currency.  And now it's become an asset of an individual or some investors because the value of it is really had a big difference if we compare its usual price before that the price now is a range of $15,000 to $16,000.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
January 04, 2018, 06:38:36 PM
i think now Crypto is only an Asset because the value of cryptocurrency is Unstable

currency have the stability Nature , so call it asset will be more fit.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
dApps Development Automation Platform
January 04, 2018, 06:26:19 PM
It's initial purpose would have been to become a digital currency but because of its progress and increased value, it had become an asset. This is due to the fact that its value is too high and continuously increases which made people
Able to invest in it either short or long term, depending on the investor or indidvidual.
Activity: 1093
Merit: 103
January 04, 2018, 06:01:45 PM
Cryptocurrency was created initially as a decentralized currency. But along the way bitcoin became more of an asset, people start trading in and with the high volatility big profits can be made. Nowadays cryptocurrency can be seen as both asset and currency, some have more of an asset and some more of a currency.
first of all Bitcoin is an angel who brings a probe passive and active, but at the same time bitcoins will never be a means of payment in real life, as there is not only infrastructure, but society will not be perceived as for a normal life.
Activity: 266
Merit: 151
First crypto index traded as a token!
January 04, 2018, 04:23:38 PM
Cryptocurrency was created initially as a decentralized currency. But along the way bitcoin became more of an asset, people start trading in and with the high volatility big profits can be made. Nowadays cryptocurrency can be seen as both asset and currency, some have more of an asset and some more of a currency.
Activity: 994
Merit: 252
January 04, 2018, 04:13:58 PM

What is your opinion?
As has been explained to all of us that crypto is a non-currency asset because if crypto in that currency will cause problems to the existing bank in a country and if crypto is used as currency for transaction then the transaction is not valid in law because one- the only thing that can be done in a transaction is money in the country. Therefore, bitcoins are made in assets to prevent misunderstandings from occurring.
These are very valid reasons to term Bitcoin as an asset and not as a currency. As a cryptocurrency, Bitcoin can revolutionize the modes of transaction as Bitcoin has no tangible existence yet. In terms of currency, Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and it cannot be termed as traditional currency. In terms of asset, Bitcoin is an intangible asset. These are few of the things that a Bitcoin holder should be aware of.
Activity: 130
Merit: 10
January 04, 2018, 11:24:21 AM
i consider crypto as both currency aswell as an asset.Due to its various features and the role it plays in its users life.crypto's are digital currency which is accepted world wide and it can be send from one person to the another from any part of the world without a third party support and we don't have to disclose any kind of personal information to send or receive crypto's currency we only need to give the wallet address.It can be considered as an asset as its value keeps growing from time to time and it doesn't take much time for the market value to grow.
Pages:
Jump to: