Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto is an Asset or Currency? - page 11. (Read 3385 times)

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
January 18, 2018, 09:39:57 AM
I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?
because of bitcoin privacy or all crypto coins,instead of being a currency investors become interested and take that characteristics as asset..the decentralization system of this coins makes us aware that if we hold them they will become an asset that growing without your awareness
Activity: 1484
Merit: 516
January 18, 2018, 09:35:25 AM
I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?
I think that this could be both. Sometimes it can be said to be an asset and sometimes it can be said to be a currency. That's all I think about.

Assets and currencies have different properties,good for both about BTC but as written by satoshi BTC is a virtual currency that wants to simplify the user and do not bother to send or receive and can be accessed through the network per-to-per I think that.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
January 18, 2018, 09:28:13 AM
Crypto is both asset and currency. You can buy thing through this. It also offer big profit for everyone and give opportunity to grow their money.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 252
January 18, 2018, 09:16:04 AM
For me bitcoin is more suitable to be said as an asset, this is because the value of bitcoin continues to increase so it is suitable to say assets rather than currency, in addition to bitcoin easy to move.
Activity: 266
Merit: 16
January 18, 2018, 08:07:51 AM

What is your opinion?

No it will not destroy that kind of purpose. Buying and holding profit is an strategy to double your profit. However your not always could invest your money because of unstable price. There are some investors that they deficit sometimes because investing in crypto world is to harmful to those who didn't know what is going to crypto currencies.
Activity: 252
Merit: 0
January 18, 2018, 06:39:24 AM
Cryptocurrency is widely use now by investing or trading though the internet it seems as aspect by gaining their profit through the digital transaction more of investors are now using or accepting cryptocurrency for easy and accessible...
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
January 18, 2018, 06:16:42 AM
I would say that its belong to both asset or currency.
Crypto can be used interchangeably for the most part.
Activity: 322
Merit: 19
January 18, 2018, 06:06:45 AM
I think they are both, depending on how you want to use them : asset if you hold on to them as an investment, currency if you use them to buy goods or services.
Activity: 742
Merit: 526
January 18, 2018, 04:50:32 AM

What is your opinion?
In reality, cryptocurrency is created as a currency intended for the digital transactions. It is a second currency besides fiat currencies. If you will use it as payment in buying and selling, then that crypto is a currency. However, if you will invest it, then its an asset. It depends on how you see crypto and how you use it.

That seems to be a good distinction. Therefore, if we proceed from it, we can safely assume that bitcoin right now is more of an asset and investment one at that rather than a currency in and of itself, right? Anyway, the vast majority of people seem to be using cryptocurrencies for speculation, for earning off it. But you don't pay with a money-earning asset for things in everyday life, so it is sort of either here or there choice.
Activity: 373
Merit: 100
January 17, 2018, 09:07:17 PM

What is your opinion?
I think that this could be both. Sometimes it can be said to be an asset and sometimes it can be said to be a currency. That's all I think about.
Activity: 238
Greentoken-invest in ecology
January 17, 2018, 09:02:36 PM

What is your opinion?
In reality, cryptocurrency is created as a currency intended for the digital transactions. It is a second currency besides fiat currencies. If you will use it as payment in buying and selling, then that crypto is a currency. However, if you will invest it, then its an asset. It depends on how you see crypto and how you use it.
Activity: 308
Merit: 17
January 17, 2018, 08:54:55 PM
all of that back to the goal of each individual not everyone considered bitcoin is a form of virtual currency that is used only for ways to transact and of course there will be many people who think bitcoin is a virtual currency that can be made as a wealth asset that can kept for a long period of time. I think that's the great bitcoin that everybody will be able to do what they get from bitcoin even for now I personally think that bitcoin is a livelihood that I can do to meet my daily needs. and in spite of it all I just think bitcoin is a breakthrough about a very great financial problem because of course bitcoin really has a role in the economy today.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
January 17, 2018, 08:31:54 PM
With whats happening right now? Crypto is considered as an asset to have rather than currency. We see crypto as an opportunity to make us rich. We invest in it as an asset.
Bitcoin is a currency that is the way satoshi created bitcoin however the fees have become an impediment to fulfill his dream but the devs are decided to do everything in their power to solve this, and this is why we got so many forks in the last year since some groups of people, like the miners, felt they were being affected and that is why they created bitcoin cash, but at the same time bitcoin miners do everything to get profits and that proves they are not to be trusted.
Activity: 85
January 17, 2018, 02:19:07 PM
cryptocurrency is like an asset, it is because cryptocurrency is a stock that can be sell or invest to earn more profit everyday. Also it is much profitable than our currency, thats why many of people invest in crypto.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
January 17, 2018, 03:15:09 AM
For me Crypto is a currency. This was uses and created by technology and everything is virtual, like Bitcoin is under digital currency its means the function or transactions all about by using technology and internet. Bitcoin now is profitable for its users because its value is continuously increasing and crypto are not objects to be consider as asset.

Well, Crypto alone is a Greek word which means hidden or secret. It is not an asset neither it's a currency. but if we talk about crypto currencies which is also known as the digital currencies, then obviously it is very clear from the name that these are virtual currencies that exist in digital form. They can be used like paper money as a medium of exchange. Actually they are also refereed as digital assets.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
January 17, 2018, 12:33:41 AM
In my own perception crypto is both asset and currency. For example of this is our very own bitcoin. Bitcoin is a kind of cryptocurrency also it can be converted into cash and cash is an asset.
The truth is that most currencies begin as assets people used everything as a currency cows, chickens, tea, beans, however as civilization advanced people began to use precious metals for the simple reason they were easy to make into coins and had great characteristics to be used for trade and then they became currencies as a result and the same is going to happen to bitcoin.
Activity: 531
Merit: 102
January 16, 2018, 07:27:47 AM

What is your opinion?
Because of the high value of cryptocurrencies in the market nowadays, most bitcoin and altcoin holders prefer to hold and invest their cryptos rather than using and spending it as a currency. With the concept of crypto volatility, it is no doubt why bitcoin holders choose to invest and hold it because of the possible profit it might offer.   Because of that, cryptos can be classified as an asset.

I think this phenomenon will not destroy the initial purpose of bitcoin. Instead, it will help in establishing bitcoin promotion so  community who put confidence and trust in bitcin will continue to grow.  If the bitcoin community continue to expand, then, more establishment will accept it as a form of currency that will lead to the possibility of its legalization.  If that happen, people will also use it as a form of currency.

At present, even bitcoiner prefer not to use it as a mode of payment or tool for transaction, there are also some who use it as a currency if necessary.  And that is something that we can appreciate about it.  We can use and posses it both as an asset and currency. 
Activity: 150
Merit: 2
January 16, 2018, 06:27:42 AM
At present, it's much more an asset, as high volatility, high fees and long time verification make it still unusable on practical level.
Activity: 168
Merit: 15
January 14, 2018, 11:48:39 PM
Crypto can be called is an Assets or currency, like bitcoin and ethereum
used as payment transaction and the others like ripple used as internet protocol
Activity: 742
Merit: 526
January 14, 2018, 11:08:26 PM
This is the most important discussion, whether crypto is an asset or currency?
Lately governments from different countries have discussed this, if crypto is considered a currency then it is clear that the government will ban it. If crypto is considered an asset, then it's okay because the investment asset aims to make a profit.

Why should they necessarily ban it? Could you elaborate on this? In Japan, they actually allowed it and equaled it to any other foreign currency circulating out there. And this is where bitcoin rightfully belongs. No one expects it to become legal tender in any major country any time soon, though that may change in the future. But personally, I don't see anything wrong with treating and accepting it as just another currency like dollars, euro, swiss frank, or whatever.
Pages:
Jump to: