Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto is an Asset or Currency? - page 13. (Read 3385 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 100
January 12, 2018, 03:13:51 PM
in my own opinion, Crypto is an asset because this is a stock that we hold because this is not just something that we can use to buy anything that we want.
This is also a way were many users trades and communicate worldwide. This is more than money. People use it because they know that this is a demand for many people or unknown people and unknown transaction. Some use it or believe that it is a currency. But some don't.
Activity: 476
Merit: 103
January 12, 2018, 02:06:50 PM
Crypto is a asset and currency because people now holding crypto like the are holding any asset but using the crypt like they are using any currency.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
Activity: 160
Merit: 14
January 12, 2018, 01:57:47 PM
Crypto is an asset as well as currency. If you hold for a certain period it will generate revenue to your investment so that I consider crypto as a asset where I can encash it any time according to my requirement. Also I consider crypto as currency where I can use it for my requirement and purchase the required things.
Activity: 735
Merit: 500
January 12, 2018, 01:39:17 PM
Event if the initial intention was to create a currency, at present - due to high fees and long time verification - is much more an asset
All digital currencies are issued in the the block hall. Digital assets can be issued both in a distributed register and in any other environment.
In a more detailed look at the definition of a digital asset it is easy to see why they are often confused with cryptocurrency. The digital asset exists in binary format and offers ownership. As a digital asset, everything can operate from video to documents and other types of data. These assets are often stored on electronic devices - computers, mobile devices, media players.
Activity: 751
Merit: 253
January 12, 2018, 01:30:51 PM
Event if the initial intention was to create a currency, at present - due to high fees and long time verification - is much more an asset
All digital currencies are issued in the the block hall. Digital assets can be issued both in a distributed register and in any other environment.
Activity: 150
January 12, 2018, 01:12:48 PM
I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?
For me, on my own opinion and based on my own understanding and experience, cryptos are playing both the characteristic of being an asset and at the same time a currency. An asset in a way that cryptos are literally good for long time holdings or usages because even with a short period of time, you can obtain privileges like earning a profit from your initial holdings even you do not exert much effort to raise your money which is good for investment purposes. A currency in way that it is already used to purchased or to buy goods and services in which combining both characteristics can make up cryptos so for me, it is both a currency and at the same time, an asset.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
January 12, 2018, 01:04:54 PM
For me crypto is an asset. Because of the fast changing of the prices of tokens and bitcoin, you can earn profit by holding the tokens or bitcoin and trade it with your desired price.
Yes its playing both role it’s a currency and also it can play a role as an asset because bitcoin can help you in present also it can help in future so some of the people they are joining bitcoin to use it and some of them are keeping it hold and they want to use bitcoin in future so its up to you what you want to do with bitcoin because if you keep on hold bitcoin so its price is going very high and it will help you in your future.
More precisely as asset, value of stored. I can not agree if the current bitcoin is still used as a currency, because the fact is currently for transaction costs with the transfer value in small or large amount equally charged high. This is incompatible with the self-made bitcoin itself hoping to become the currency value with the smallest fraction of satoshi.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
January 12, 2018, 12:53:19 PM
In my own perception crypto is both asset and currency. For example of this is our very own bitcoin. Bitcoin is a kind of cryptocurrency also it can be converted into cash and cash is an asset.
if I think crypto it is an asset and bitcoin also assets and currency. because bitcoin is an asset that is very promising and intended for users, because bitcoin also has helped many people in the world to be better in terms of economics and so on
Activity: 137
January 12, 2018, 12:50:29 PM
Obviously that it is an asset because it gives you more money if you are holding it, but it can be used as a currency too only that it is digital, for me,  bitcoin is both at the moment. But it depends on how do you want to use it.
Activity: 84
Merit: 11
January 12, 2018, 12:42:07 PM

Good point. But that's only applicable to BTC. Alts are fast and cheap. But because still very little things are bought with them, it's not fully currencies in my opinion. But we will come to this soon.
Activity: 238
January 12, 2018, 12:24:32 PM
I agree with your statement that the purpose of digital currency is indeed to make the transaction quick and easier and yes, it becomes asset to everyone because digital currency has the potential to increase its value and at the same time, has the potential to make an income for living. Most of the people describe bitcoin to gold due to the fact that they has the potential of increasing its value as the time pass by and yes, it was proven. However, bitcoin also has an issue just like the price deflation and inflation anytime.
Activity: 322
January 11, 2018, 03:21:01 PM
For me crypto is an asset. Because of the fast changing of the prices of tokens and bitcoin, you can earn profit by holding the tokens or bitcoin and trade it with your desired price.
Yes its playing both role it’s a currency and also it can play a role as an asset because bitcoin can help you in present also it can help in future so some of the people they are joining bitcoin to use it and some of them are keeping it hold and they want to use bitcoin in future so its up to you what you want to do with bitcoin because if you keep on hold bitcoin so its price is going very high and it will help you in your future.
Activity: 526
Lifestyle & Wellness Platform
January 11, 2018, 02:01:49 AM
I do not think so, everyone wants to get bitcoin because they want to have money to make their plans in real life. bitcoin is just an electronic coin that is circulated on the bitcoin forum to complete the project. It can not be used in real life. They have to change from bitcoin to money for consumption. You misunderstand what it really means.
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
January 11, 2018, 01:38:59 AM

Absolutely. But I think that in short time the system will solve the presen limits, so we'll can use any cryptocoin as a normal currency.
Well, may be "short time" is too optimistic... we'll see.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
January 11, 2018, 01:34:48 AM
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058
January 11, 2018, 01:23:04 AM
It depends on the personal feelings of each person. One will treat crypto as a asset and the other as a currency.
Using Bitcoin as an asset doesn’t mean it is being destroyed, cause that’s the main reason it was made for. It is not a currency and can’t be a currency, it’s an asset. Currency is any medium of exchange that is being accepted by a particular country.
Activity: 176
January 10, 2018, 09:49:28 AM
In my own perception crypto is both asset and currency. For example of this is our very own bitcoin. Bitcoin is a kind of cryptocurrency also it can be converted into cash and cash is an asset.
Activity: 2212
Merit: 786
January 10, 2018, 09:36:17 AM
I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?
I treat cryptos as an asset and i've been holding so many altcoins from airdrops because i believe that in the future they will have a great value. I already made some mistakes for selling altcoins in the past that could have earned me a lot of money now. I will now hold and keep all my cryptos and will wait for the perfect time to sell it.

Like what you guys said, the perspective on cryptocurrencies primarily depend on the individual on whether how he/she treats it to be. For example a student might consider cryptocurrencies as alternative income (therefore currency) from payments they receive in doing signature campaigns, trading, or doing services for another. On the other hand, an investor might view it as an asset which has the potential of doubling its value in the long-run or for earning short-term income by investing it in a span of a year.

Personally, cryptocurrencies are both asset and a currency depending on the situation currently presented. As a student like me, I view it as extra money for my services and I also invest the other half of my earnings as a long-term asset.
Activity: 196
Merit: 121
January 10, 2018, 09:26:21 AM
For me Crypto is a currency. This was uses and created by technology and everything is virtual, like Bitcoin is under digital currency its means the function or transactions all about by using technology and internet. Bitcoin now is profitable for its users because its value is continuously increasing and crypto are not objects to be consider as asset.
Activity: 378
January 10, 2018, 09:02:28 AM
Just like other people answer i will said that crypto is both an asset and crypto, crypto is became a currency because there are many types of cryptocurrency like ethereum and bitcoin that is can used for payment and crypto is became an asset because we can make a lot of profit by the help of crypto.
Pages:
Jump to: