Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto is an Asset or Currency? - page 27. (Read 3385 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
November 22, 2017, 08:07:28 AM
I think not for that, it's just that many people can take advantage of the condition of digital currency. they can look to benefit from saving the digital currency. not just for buying and selling only.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 639
November 22, 2017, 08:06:16 AM
Before bitcoin is more of currency, that's why we call it cryptocurrency right? It all started there but we are just good in using things for different purposes and bitcoin now is more considerable as an asset, as an investment and this makes everyone to invest more on it that adds the market cap. The way many thinks that bitcoin is good for buy,reserve/hold will give profit which is true and this makes it an asset.
Cryptocurrency is an asset and not a Currency, though they can be called virtual currencies, and this means that they unregulated and can’t be controlled by the law or should I say government. So you can see, they are not real currencies, they were called virtual, and are also regarded as assets. Some people will tell you that cryptocurrencies are assets, but don’t listen, they are just Bitcoin-lunatics. Yes, cryptocurrencies can be used for transaction, and same thing applies to Gold; it can also be used for transaction, but it is called asset/stock.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
November 22, 2017, 08:01:40 AM
I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?
CRYPTO- currency so this is a currency but this is not a fiat currency this is a digital monet that have a more value in real currency and this currency is so very fast to transact than fiat money so this is very important to all.
Activity: 136
Merit: 10
November 22, 2017, 07:47:03 AM
Every currency is an asset but bitcoin is a very unique creation in which both valuable asset and currency in the world. It's already internationally accessible. i believe bitcoin is more treated as asset than altcoins they are more treated as currency.

Activity: 560
Merit: 105
November 22, 2017, 01:57:56 AM
I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?

I think cryptocurrency like bitcoin is an asset and as a place for future investments, with digital currencies like bitcoin we can earn a lot of money.
Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
November 22, 2017, 01:32:29 AM

What is your opinion?
Bitcoin is a currency and an asset as well. As currency because we can use it online for purchasing, paying etc. We can make transaction quick and hassle free specifically when im sending money out of the country, btc txn is less fee and its a big help. Its also an asset, with unstable price users are making money by just investing and waiting for the right time to sell.
Activity: 658
Merit: 260
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
November 22, 2017, 01:30:10 AM

What is your opinion?

Okay you are not wrong. The whole purpose was to create a currency which will work under the principles of decentralised and peer-peer transactions. But this purpose has not yet served as people are just thinking the crypto currencies/assets as the way to make money and profits from he investment they are making. As this has changed the course of crypto world from better transaction world to better store value the thing may not be called as currency anymore. But we are not the officials to call it off like that because it could still get that status once we reach the stage of high throughput trisections where local or other digital currencies may not work but the crypto currencies will due to their one and the only one character thats decentralised work platform.

Activity: 77
Merit: 13
November 22, 2017, 01:25:06 AM
Bitcoin is an asset as it is deflationary by design. All the others are essentially currency but none of them are suited to be a typical currency except maybe Ripple.
Activity: 250
Merit: 105
November 22, 2017, 12:51:03 AM

What is your opinion?
Bitcoin or crypto currency can be an asset of anyone, cause it can be owned by anyone whoever wants to have it. Most of bitcoiners use to hold it until it becomes to its greatest value, and yes I believe that it may destroy the main reason of creating cryptocurrency. It must not be the main purpose of it, instead it must be made to create a new world of currency in which will destroy the fiat money.
Activity: 924
Merit: 255
November 22, 2017, 12:50:29 AM
Which's clear Crypto is a digital currency that can also be used as an asset to gain profits, especially on investing / trading.
I think not everyone buys it, there are still many people who earn money from crypto without having to buy it first, still many of them are trying to get various profits from the way that can be to do without having to buy it. Many people also are already using crypto especially bitcoin to buy anything that they want like as buying anything with a regular currency. And so far I think all the activities everyone does on crypto, it doesn't destroy the initial purpose of the crypto ie create a digital currency.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
November 21, 2017, 11:54:06 PM

What is your opinion?

For now bitcoin is cryptocurrency so this is not a currency like fiat? Because this is a digital monet you need to convert to real/fiat money to buy anything but i think this is also called an asset because if you hold this this is profitable.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
November 21, 2017, 11:53:32 PM
it will remain the same that people around are making good earnings as they continue holding bitcoin as an asset, I guess the main purpose according to why bitcoin was been created is be more useful as another way of transacting payments, but people tend to see opportunities and we cant avoid that as
the market continue to be like this.
Activity: 768
Merit: 1000
November 21, 2017, 11:43:18 PM
Cypto is a currency that you can also consider as a valuable asset since some coins are limited in supply and also high in value like btc. As the price continue to soar higher it is great that you consider your holdings as an asset that you can possibly use in the future. Don't be confuse on that because at the end what important is you make money using that crypto currency.
I am totally agree with it,  bitcoin is an asset as now still very less companies and organisations accept bitcoin and in future there may be chances that it is accepted by everyone, so for now is more like an asset as to hold it and to make it profitable.  Bitcoin prices are continuously fluctuates as so I think holding bitcoins will give more value in future. Than to use it now. Over the past year and a half Bitcoin has been on a spectacular run, rising in value 140% in 2016 and now an additional 49% in just the past month. This surge in value has invigorated Bitcoin backers convinced this boost in value makes Bitcoin a more credible currency, that it is a sign of the cryptocurrency’s strength.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
November 21, 2017, 11:42:46 PM
Asset or currency it was decided by the way you're using it. If you're using it as an asset ( hold BTC, sell BTC ) it is an asset. If you're using it as an currency ( exchange from BTC to other currency ) it is a cryptocurrency.
Activity: 798
Merit: 104
November 21, 2017, 11:39:42 PM
I think its both we could say its an asset because we can use it in our payment method or we can have an extra income here in bitcoin.We could say its an asset because its like a gold that cannot be depreciated we can invest it to make it more profitable.

Actually they are both assets and currency because they are involving in holding coin in a forms or selling in at the same time, it could turn to a currency. Thats the reason why i choose both. Cause that what it mean for everybody in these forum, we make earned from it.
Activity: 224
Merit: 121
November 21, 2017, 11:32:41 PM
I think its both we could say its an asset because we can use it in our payment method or we can have an extra income here in bitcoin.We could say its an asset because its like a gold that cannot be depreciated we can invest it to make it more profitable.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
November 21, 2017, 11:26:08 PM

What is your opinion?

I believe the crypto is asset because we are buying and at the same time holds for the possibility of increasing the value. But if we use the word crypto, most people, they know it is a digital currency that speeds up the transaction when it comes to money.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
November 21, 2017, 11:21:19 PM

What is your opinion?

Crypto is also an asset and a Currency. It is a currency because Crypto is used to buy something that is selling inside and outside cyber world. You can also create a physical money because of this crypto by turning it into paper money via cashout. You will say that Crypto is also an asset because many people invest and gaining profits because of this crypto. Indeed, Crypto is asset and a currency.

If you invest your crypto currency and it will earned income this is the time that it will turns into assets, however if your crypto currency were in your wallet only and wait for the increasing of value in the market it was only literary currency. For me it’s better if you will invest your crypto currency into different business that earned bitcoin or any other altcoins.

Because I’m sure that if you can do that your assets together with currency will increase both. Also you better to have an investment to easily increase the numbers of your crypto currency in your wallet.
Activity: 798
Merit: 109
https://bmy.guide
November 21, 2017, 11:20:58 PM
Yeah its true and bitcoin now many proves its self just like good services to the users, it serves us like a money or fiat we used to pay bills with easy transactions. That's the asset of bitcoin that we used that's what many people wanting bitcoin continued buying and other are selling.
Activity: 448
Merit: 103
November 21, 2017, 11:17:42 PM

What is your opinion?
The purpose will still remain but there will emerge a new primary purpose and that is to serve as asset. Cryptocurrency is BOTH an asset and currency. It just so happened that  the value of it is insane that people are actually saving it for future use.
Pages:
Jump to: