Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto is an Asset or Currency? - page 30. (Read 3385 times)

Activity: 88
Merit: 11
November 21, 2017, 06:40:31 AM
Bitcoin is created as an currency it's just normal to people to use it as an asset since they are having a really large profit from it, they always said to think outside the box and i think that's what people are doing treating bitcoin as an asset but for me bitcoin is created as an currency.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
November 21, 2017, 06:37:37 AM
I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?
its that what you believe that crypto was created as currency but the reality is the crypto is multi purpose..and what do we do in our physical money?isnt it an asset?thats the same idea with crypto created for easy transaction and easy investment and an asset to be stored
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
Blockchain with a Purpose
November 21, 2017, 06:33:21 AM
It is not bad at all either this crypto is an asset or currency. But some people uses crypto as a currency. They use crypto for all their transactions instead of cash. But some also use crypto as asset, because they holds it and will be sold for the future!
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
November 21, 2017, 06:30:43 AM
Cryptocurrency is a next level of currency which is going to be used massively in future. Bitcoin the cryptocurrency is a head attracting people to use is by giving a very good returns in rate. Also it is too young so it will run a long way and give more benefit to the investors who involved in bitcoin for them it is an asset.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005
Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard
November 21, 2017, 06:27:05 AM
I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?

I used to think like that, but I'm slowly starting to change my perspective about that subject. Bitcoin right now can't really work as a way of payment, because it still needs to solve it's scalability problems. We all heard that, and we all know it's true. As an asset however, it already works very well, and because of that it's getting good attention and capital keeps flowing in. As fiat keeps flowing in, bitcoin should get less volatile, that right now is also a problem for it's use as a currency.

Gold was volatile in it's early years as well, and right now is not used as a currency because it's not practical to use it that way. Bitcoin however, is taking the same steps as gold, but because it's digital, it will be practical to use as a currency, so I guess that BTC is following it's right path right now, by assuming itself as an asset, and then as it gets more mature, it can become a currency as well.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010
ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀
November 21, 2017, 06:03:05 AM
It is a future currency, presently everyone is thinking it as an asset. At the end of the dominating term of Bitcoin, it'll be normalized and people will start using it as a plain currency.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
November 21, 2017, 05:48:05 AM
many think it's an asset, and I'm one of those who thinks that way. well, it can be said that in the future, crypto will get better. so, of course it will be a very good asset in the future.

Who wouldn't think of it as an asset? Bitcoin can make you rich in time. If that's not what assets are for then i don't know. The value of of bitcoin is being seen more of a way to grow money. It's status as a currency would have to take a backseat to that fact
Activity: 2072
Merit: 503
November 21, 2017, 03:28:16 AM
many think it's an asset, and I'm one of those who thinks that way. well, it can be said that in the future, crypto will get better. so, of course it will be a very good asset in the future.
Activity: 392
Merit: 103
www.daxico.com
November 21, 2017, 03:15:48 AM
For me it is both Crypto is a virtual currency and it is also an asset since it has a value anytime you can convert it in cash depending on its current value. "I'm pertaining to Crypto that has a real value not those crypto that are created only to scam investors"
legendary
Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551
dogs are cute.
November 21, 2017, 02:59:26 AM

What is your opinion?
What does the name say? Crypto currency, right? Not,crypto asset. Know the difference, it's the people's state of mind, who think that holding bitcoin will make them millionaires one day, just like the way it has happened before this year when the price was on continuous rise. Agreed that currencies also some under the financial assets, but holding crypto currency will be one of the worst things that one can do, he can rather be an investor/trader. Holding won't make him rich in a short run.
Activity: 658
Merit: 256
Freshdice.com
November 21, 2017, 02:53:05 AM

What is your opinion?
For me, it is a currency since rhe main idea or function of bitcoin is being a digital currency to be used to buy the needs of an individual but it just happened that it is not yet legal to most of the countries. So with that, the privillege of using bitcoin as a currency is only limited to those people who are living on countries where it is already legal.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
November 21, 2017, 02:37:46 AM
Before bitcoin is more of currency, that's why we call it cryptocurrency right? It all started there but we are just good in using things for different purposes and bitcoin now is more considerable as an asset, as an investment and this makes everyone to invest more on it that adds the market cap. The way many thinks that bitcoin is good for buy,reserve/hold will give profit which is true and this makes it an asset.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
November 21, 2017, 02:28:49 AM

What is your opinion?
It is more of an asset because its market value is continuously increasing as time is passing by although it is really a crypticurrency so it can also be used as a currency to pay bills or to be used on daily transactions but is only limited in countries where it is already legal. So in general, bitcoin is used as an inestment and as an asset as source of profit and income.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
November 21, 2017, 02:25:14 AM
I can say most people will speak their own opinion and its slighty different.
For me, i know the name is crytptocurrency but for me its more like asset. We buy and save it and hope the asset become worther in future.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Powering Commerce
November 21, 2017, 01:59:39 AM
It is both.  Different cryptocurrencies serve different purposes.  Just looking at the last year, I'd say Bitcoin in particular is not suitable as a currency.  This week I had to pay $8.55 transaction fee.  So, I probably won't be buying my morning coffee with it anytime soon.  Bitcoin does make for an excellent store of value.  Other coins like Dash, Zcoin, or litecoin make a much better currency.  Different coins for different purposes.  I think we're seeing this trend manifest with all of the new alt-coin projects.   Wink
Activity: 1484
Merit: 101
November 20, 2017, 11:33:12 PM
The world of transactions is constantly changing, the trade that used to be only the present state of the individual can be free to buy anything from other countries, surely this is a tricky thing if using fiat money and cryptocurrency could be the solution for that...
Activity: 1050
Merit: 529
November 20, 2017, 11:02:23 PM

What is your opinion?
IMO it's both, an asset as well as currency. It depends on how you look at it, most people are looking at it as an asset for investing, as it hasn't been implemented as a currency everywhere. There are still very few places where Cryptocurrency is used as an payment. Unless more places start accepting it as payment, it will remain as an asset for investing.
Activity: 644
Merit: 113
November 20, 2017, 10:53:27 PM
Cypto is a currency that you can also consider as a valuable asset since some coins are limited in supply and also high in value like btc. As the price continue to soar higher it is great that you consider your holdings as an asset that you can possibly use in the future. Don't be confuse on that because at the end what important is you make money using that crypto currency.

Crypto is more like an asset, its actually a form of investment that may show tremendous growth and produce good amount of profit.  It is an asset in such a way that it maybe mean of storing wealth for a long period of time and might increase its value in time. Crypto is actually made for a specific purpose and only has a limited feature which cannot fit to be called as currency. Though it might be use as a form of payment and can be use for special transaction.
Activity: 2422
Merit: 357
November 20, 2017, 10:52:26 PM
I guess that is more on asset. Asset in which the bitcoin is being hold like what you have said and it is not circulated like a currency should be. Traders wait for the prices to go up so they will not use it as a medium of exchange. But they also use bitcoin as a currency also when they need to purchase something. For me , its use is more like 80% asset, 20% currency. Its a digital currency tho thats why it called a cryptocurrency.
Activity: 95
Merit: 0
November 20, 2017, 10:44:12 PM
Crypto is more like an asset than a currency. Currency is thing that is popular and mostly all the cryptos aren't that popular except ETH and BTC.
Pages:
Jump to: