Author

Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City) - page 139. (Read 632671 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Consol bid

2 @ 9.1 Roo
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
Consol Auction - - largest issuance of debt ever in the Kingdom, and the first Perpetual

OZ bids for 100 @ 10
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
I want to add this bid to for the consols:
50 @ 10.1  (just to be sure I get some)
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
The First Real-Anniversary of Crypto Kingdom and the Real-Party in Real-Malla

Many concepts, things and people in Crypto Kingdom have their type in real life (IRL). The type of the Royal Palace in 1-C is situated in Estonia, about 1 hour to the east of Tallinn and the airport. The earliest mentions of the Manor of Real-Malla are from the 1400s, and similarly the Royal Palace was constructed in 1432-1446.

To celebrate the real-anniversary, a real-party is held in the real-palace. Terms: players of the noble characters of Crypto Kingdom are eligible to attend. The commoners are required to apply, because the capacity of attendance is limited.

The main event will be held in the day of anniversary, 2015-10-10. There is no entrance fee, no room fee (for maximum of 2 nights, otherwise hotel rates apply) and also the Grand Dinner will be served with wines at the King's pleasure. Dress code is noble/festive, and Royal robes may be worn by those who have them. We trust in the gift economy to take care of the practicalities.

The Manor has been visited by many of the players in the past (incl. Duke of NL, Prince of Forte Spagnolo, Prince of Soul, The Bishop, Roopatra, Sir Heimo, Lord Thud, Knight serje, Wizard Dev PJ, Master nikke1 and others), so we look forward to a happy reunion with the oldtimers and the new ones. There will be Caviar and Foie Gras, tender meats, cognac, rum, vodka and the choicest of wines from the Wine Cellar (separate building to the right from the Manor House).

The 6-horse royal carriage is at your disposal for airport rides:

The past menus give some hints of what will be served:

The grounds are large and beautiful:

As are the rooms:

A happy and memorable weekend in the dark, festive season is awaiting us! Smiley
donator
What type of item constitutes an amulet? Does it have to be blessed?

Amulet is a custom silver item made when converting IC to silver. Just tell what shape it is and mention that it is an amulet.

We don't know if blessing brings benefit, but unlikely it brings any harm  Smiley
Activity: 649
Merit: 500
What type of item constitutes an amulet? Does it have to be blessed?
donator
Financial Innovation: CKG perpetual

Some of the "innovations" of the banking cartel would have been better to stay inside their dens and not come to plague humanity. Luckily we have more enlightened people here designing things and we seek for the public good and stability in everything.

What if there was an instrument to exchange present CKG for perpetual CKG cash flows in the same way as the consols provide the opportunity to exchange present XMR for the perpetual cash flows in XMR?

Theoretically, the pricing of such an instrument should be intrinsically leveraged to the price of gold, which might be interesting Wink

If we assume that consols pay 1.2% per year and that the same IRR is asked from gold, yet gold dividends are on average only 0.5%, therefore there is the implicit assumption that the average price appreciation makes it up. (We also assume that XMR is the calculation base currency - drastic changes in XMR/fiat may alter the calculus).

If the new instrument PCKG (for perpetual CKG) has the same risk and same IRR (internal calculation interest rate) as both of the above, the price of 1*PCKG (priced in CKG) paying 1 CKG per year should be - what? (CKG dividends are collected by the issuer of the PCKG)

(Answer will be revealed later)

ADD: Hell yeah, when calculating the answer it seems that this could capture both the gold price rise (because denominated in gold) and the interest rate decrease (because perpetual), multiplied! Shame that the King is the only realistic issuer, and it is unlikely if we think that selling these is a good idea. Buying could very well be Smiley

ADD2: The gold price rise itself is a product of gold estimated dividend stream * inverse of interest rate; therefore the PCKG gets (gold estimated dividend stream) * (inverse of interest rate ^2)

ADD3: How valuable is a stream that gives you 1/1000,000th of a world each week? Wink hint: it is fucking valuable - just look at the bankers who have enslaved us with their paper money based on exactly that principle. I am debating whether to enslave myself to prove the point, they have decided to enslave the others instead...
donator
The Town is also getting a new more story-telling official. We are in talks with Marchioness Roopatra to assume a role in the Public Works department, who would oversee the construction of Town registries and other important public buildings, roadworks, pavings, gardenings, making statues of important persons to celebrate important events, mint medals (in the Royal Mint) and grant them etc. The game is getting more flavor by the day! Smiley

I look forward to serving the Kingdom in the Public Works Department. I welcome any ideas for public buildings, statues, road work (in the thread, by IRC or PM) and I will listen to the people´s wishes, and try to use the budget for Public Works wisely and in projects that benefit everyone.

I think that we should resurrect a statue of PJ and put it in 5-C once the first playable version is released. In the borough 5 sheet, U/16-17 might be an appropriate place. I will donate 100k stone to the effort to help Smiley

Also, I'd like to surrender the roads in 3-S to the kingdom so that they might get paved. I had the main 20m boulevard paved and gardened, so hopefully the town can pick up the sideroads?

Good, exactly this kind of bargaining is expected when public money is on the table Smiley

The tab /ADMINISTRATION is specifying the responsibilities, and the money will be deposited soon!

As for honoring PJ, I am all for the idea, but this kind of things are made of Bronze - carving hard, cracking stone (weighing 1,000 tons as you proposed) is not very practical. Ex. COO-4: "Only a bit larger than actual size (non-equestrian) bronze statue [of the King] put in the Centenary Pavilion without pedestal." is a K7 item costing 100 IC. A larger statue is K8 and the eyecatcher one is K9. Statue of Liberty type thing is K10.

Activity: 220
The Town is also getting a new more story-telling official. We are in talks with Marchioness Roopatra to assume a role in the Public Works department, who would oversee the construction of Town registries and other important public buildings, roadworks, pavings, gardenings, making statues of important persons to celebrate important events, mint medals (in the Royal Mint) and grant them etc. The game is getting more flavor by the day! Smiley

I look forward to serving the Kingdom in the Public Works Department. I welcome any ideas for public buildings, statues, road work (in the thread, by IRC or PM) and I will listen to the people´s wishes, and try to use the budget for Public Works wisely and in projects that benefit everyone.

I think that we should resurrect a statue of PJ and put it in 5-C once the first playable version is released. In the borough 5 sheet, U/16-17 might be an appropriate place. I will donate 100k stone to the effort to help Smiley

Also, I'd like to surrender the roads in 3-S to the kingdom so that they might get paved. I had the main 20m boulevard paved and gardened, so hopefully the town can pick up the sideroads?
legendary
Activity: 1750
Facts are more efficient than fud
Consol Auction - - largest issuance of debt ever in the Kingdom, and the first Perpetual

Crichton adds another bid 50 @ 8.1
Activity: 266

donator
Have been away from Monero and lurking on Crypto Kingdom for some while.

One quick question - I note there is a market planned for CK that is called "Agora."  Is that in any way linked to the darknet market, Agora Marketplace, or just same source of name (Greek antiquity.)

I wonder if you should name it something different to avoid anyone associating CK with a darknet, especially one that is currently suspended.

Funny you are the first one to mention the darknet place (even though I had also heard of it but it did not ring a bell with me or anyone).

I'd say that place was hardly more known than CK is already, therefore there is no negative association.

Agora naturally comes from the Greek word meaning the same - just like alco/alko refer to the health drink in many languages, so there is no ground for one to claim it against the other, or trademark a word in common global usage.

It seems that marketplaces cannot be taken down, because they resurrect even subconsciously...  Wink

ADD: As a general principle, CK and all activity happening inside the game, claim absolute intellectual sovereignty and does not recognize any outside influences or claims regarding the usage of names, words of any language, concepts etc. Not only should free speech be recognized a human right everywhere, but since it is not, we need to make this statement to disclaim everything regarding the game, because the game is an expression of thought and thought is free.
Activity: 248
Have been away from Monero and lurking on Crypto Kingdom for some while.

One quick question - I note there is a market planned for CK that is called "Agora."  Is that in any way linked to the darknet market, Agora Marketplace, or just same source of name (Greek antiquity.)

I wonder if you should name it something different to avoid anyone associating CK with a darknet, especially one that is currently suspended.
Activity: 212
Royal Gifts

Now, to celebrate the opening of the North Face Tailors (and our renewed capability to procure the best workmanship in royal purple color!) we will gift:
WOS-134 to His Highness of North Face
WOS-132 to HSH Karl Hungus, The Prince of OZ
WOS-133 to HE Dr. Choo, The Prince Paul of Soul

All the suits are meticulously made, with gold thread and silver jewelry and ornamentation. They are gifted whole, with all the gold and silver in them included. The right to wear them (sounds funny but important to note, as it does not automatically follow if the suit changes owner even by inheritance) is granted as well. The right to wear royal purple is limited to occasions where His Majesty The King or his High Ambassador, High Envoy, or Charge d'Affaires is present wearing royal purple (practically in the occasions where the recipient is the High something, ordained by the King.

All the gifts are accompanied with a bottle of Silver Water 1, the choicest, rarest, most expensive and potentially the most healthy drink in existence.

To not forget the original recipients from 155 years back, they are gifted a bottle of CLXII each.

The Marquess of Rome, the Earl of Grass, Sir Riddick, Dr. SS, and zrue are also gifted a bottle of CLXII.

HSH The Prince of OZ is rendered speechless by HM's grace and generosity!

I look forward to all the future occasions when wearing this marvelous suit will add further evidence of the glory and wisdom we all benefit from during the reign of our dear King!
legendary
Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001
I see the Mint is keeping busy!  Grin

Here's to CR1605A being the ultimate coin of the manual era.

legendary
Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000
donator
Excellent news! Considering a 1k CKG purchase...  Roll Eyes

Nice, just wait I record this low point in gold price to the /gold_history for the future generations...

Go buy it directly from noms, and save money on fees. This Marquess is the first player since Tavastia to dare to try a no-gold investment approach! (We all remember how well Tavastia fared when gold shot from 0.1 to 0.5 in a realmonth... Wink )
Activity: 220
CR1605A gold coins

CR1605A will be ordered from the Royal Mint by the Town. The Town pays as much gold as is needed. Everyone who replies to this thread in 24 hours from this post will get the coin for free. Sockpuppets/wealth management clients do not get anything, only real accounts count, 1/snout. Note: any post is valid, no need to quote this post specifically.

cool! I just sold half my stash of coins, time to replenish it Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
Excellent news! Considering a 1k CKG purchase...  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1750
Facts are more efficient than fud
CR1605A gold coins

We still do not want to release Ultima, but also do not dare to open the 1,000,000 gold limit. So to issue the CR1605A, in normal case minted from virgin gold and given per playtime, we do as follows:

CR1605A will be ordered from the Royal Mint by the Town. The Town pays as much gold as is needed. Everyone who replies to this thread in 24 hours from this post will get the coin for free. Sockpuppets/wealth management clients do not get anything, only real accounts count, 1/snout.

The Mint (who do have monthly expenses) get 5 coins (total 5 CKG) as a minting fee, and 1 of them will be gifted to the CryptoMuseum.

As for CR1605E, we do as previously announced.

Here here!  The Duke of North Face likes Gold Coins!

I second the Duke's opinion  Grin
Jump to: