Author

Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City) - page 170. (Read 632671 times)

legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010
I'm really hopeful about this game, Bitcoin reputation got regrettably stained by the dark markets. Monero can get in the mainstream with a much friendlier approach.

I tend to think that BTC wouldn't have gotten a reputation at all if it wasn't for dark markets. And is probably still the #1 use case.

Still looking forward to the game though!
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
I'm really hopeful about this game, Bitcoin reputation got regrettably stained by the dark markets. Monero can get in the mainstream with a much friendlier approach.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
Can't wait to play!

FYI. For anyone interested that has never joined the game, my offer of 10 free CKG is still valid for the next 6 players to join the game. That's a current value of 5 XMR.

Just PM me if you want to join.

I would like to join but I thought the game was paused right now for further development?

Most everything is paused (land buying & building, etc) except for trading CKG (gold) and XMR deposits.

Even so, there hasn't been much gold selling going on which caused HM The King to raise his buy price.

You can see the character database here in the CHAR tab.

Just let me know your character's name & starting age and I'll add you. Then you'll be ready to play immediately when the V.4 is ready.

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Can't wait to play!

FYI. For anyone interested that has never joined the game, my offer of 10 free CKG is still valid for the next 6 players to join the game. That's a current value of 5 XMR.

I would like to join but I thought the game was paused right now for further development?
legendary
Can't wait to play!

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
The game has a grand vision of being a way to start using XMR as currency for game items, then expand it to other digital items, and further to physical items as well.

Inside this, we need to try different approaches. Ultima is designed to be as good as possible a game, to have the features that make large masses of people want to play it like Farmville or other easy-to-approach game. But also contain the interfaces to make the expansion of the game and the virtual world possible.

It includes all the stuff projected in V.1-V.8 and then some, which is made possible by good specification and following that, and having daily 1-on-1 meetings between me and the developer. So it cannot happen that a day could pass without measurable progress.
donator
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
I have also today contracted another one-man team for coding the CK Ultima version, for which the projected launch for testing is 31.10.2015.

Can you remind us what the CK Ultima version will include?
donator
Good news for the future of Crypto Kingdom

The V.4 devteam is finishing the online playable version and it will be in testing in 2 weeks. More exact details and communication can be obtained from Sir Riccardo, fluffypony.

I have also today contracted another one-man team for coding the CK Ultima version, for which the projected launch for testing is 31.10.2015.

In the days of yore, I set up some guidelines for the version development, including:
- having several teams working for the same goals to be able to kill/merge projects for shortest possible delivery time
- developers should play the game actively during development and keep constant touch with me (designer)
- having as little and as wizard as possible people involved to cut down on management and streamline the software
- short development time is also cost-effective.

I don't want to put any further stress to the Riccardo-led team (who are ready with V.4 any day from now), but I also have tried to get back to the design principles without much success. The game is not finished when it launches, it is barely starting, and in the future the principles need to be adhered to, to keep the project manageable by me.

The situation in cryptoworld is such that this game is very much needed, and therefore we need to do what we reasonably can to make sure it is launched and further developed to realize our objectives. By having 2 teams, we will increase the chances of success, and the contract with the new team is very competitively structured, giving me complete control of accepting every milestone, which also need to be delivered on schedule. The project can be canceled any time with the payment of only the already accepted milestones.

I am very enthusiastic by this chance to fulfill the vision of how I wished the game to be developed, and it gives peace of mind that it is only a backup option still, with everyone involved knowing that once we get facts about the playability and further development potential of V.4, it can be merged or cancelled.

Communication is the key! With this in mind, the development works much better Smiley I will be the communications contact for the Ultima version.

King
Activity: 686
I know this game will be web based. Will it be optimized for mobile too?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002
I think there is a Chinese plan to adopt XMR by August 8th, because they love the number 8 you see.

Next thing you know we'll be seeing XMR 0.008, and maybe CKG at 8 XMR each. Hooray!

In this case I am selling 1000 CKG for 6 XMR each .... this is an offer no one can refuse! Wink
donator
CK does have things going on, unfortunately at the moment just telling about them (instead of seeing) is a bit frustrating.

Let's enjoy the Bitcoin ride meanwhile  Grin
legendary
I think there is a Chinese plan to adopt XMR by August 8th, because they love the number 8 you see.

Next thing you know we'll be seeing XMR 0.008, and maybe CKG at 8 XMR each. Hooray!
G2M
Activity: 280
Activity: 616
Great news. I am eager to play.

Any chance the game will be ready for release before August 8th?

What is the significance of August 8?

Of course, let me explain:

A young, single mother is compelled to make her way, at risk of her life, to South Ossetia where her son is. She had sent him there on the eve of the conflict. There are two alternate realities here: one shows the war through the eyes of the boy as a science fiction story about fighting robots, and the other shows the war from the perspective of his mother. As opposed to the preceding Olympus Inferno and 5 Days of War, the story is not advertised officially as "The Struggle for Truth", although it also was subsidized by the government. The story was recognized as a socially important project and was filmed at the expense of a Russian State Fund.
Activity: 544

What is the significance of August 8?
Activity: 122
Merit: 100

Commit updates:

6 hours ago   c8593fb   Added test script to export colour of cells from Google spreadsheets.
yesterday   f6cb27f   Lot view connects to character view and building view, although data is still false
yesterday   296eef4   Fixed some small typos
2 days ago   ca38bef   Added simple dialog for giving resources
2 days ago   fd31e1b   Fixed small bug for showing buildings
2 days ago   f7ff416   Allowed NPC status change on click
2 days ago   ccea7e3   Split chatbox into seperate screen because of css maniplulation by final.js
2 days ago   850294   Added buildings view from map display screen
3 days ago   b9d0c20   Fixed some layout issues now line spacing has changed
3 days ago   a956310   Line spacing is working properly
3 days ago   7bf9255   Static background image stays same on non-map screens
3 days ago   13bed81   Added back button functionality, with correct placement and image
3 days ago   351dbfa   Split resize code away from character screen
6 days ago   f9c8358   Changed map
6 days ago   7319e0e   Fixed bug that hid background on back button activation
6 days ago   ff8fc24   Added back button and functionality
7 days ago   26e7940   Added building links to character
8 days ago   157921f   Added wiki to new pages
8 days ago   ca4d8ac   Implementation of callbacks and AJAX code for single-item views works fine
9 days ago   d2c648c   Added missing templates
9 days ago   e3e41ff   Converted all old single and multiple data displays into new core single-page display
9 days ago   6a97c48   Map, chatbox and character screen integrated as original
9 days ago   fa32cfc   Chatbox same as original, mainly

Activity: 327
Commit updates

yay! seems there is still a lot going on behind the scenes. Thanks for the update, fluffy!
Activity: 649
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Commit updates:

6 hours ago   c8593fb   Added test script to export colour of cells from Google spreadsheets.
yesterday   f6cb27f   Lot view connects to character view and building view, although data is still false
yesterday   296eef4   Fixed some small typos
2 days ago   ca38bef   Added simple dialog for giving resources
2 days ago   fd31e1b   Fixed small bug for showing buildings
2 days ago   f7ff416   Allowed NPC status change on click
2 days ago   ccea7e3   Split chatbox into seperate screen because of css maniplulation by final.js
2 days ago   850294   Added buildings view from map display screen
3 days ago   b9d0c20   Fixed some layout issues now line spacing has changed
3 days ago   a956310   Line spacing is working properly
3 days ago   7bf9255   Static background image stays same on non-map screens
3 days ago   13bed81   Added back button functionality, with correct placement and image
3 days ago   351dbfa   Split resize code away from character screen
6 days ago   f9c8358   Changed map
6 days ago   7319e0e   Fixed bug that hid background on back button activation
6 days ago   ff8fc24   Added back button and functionality
7 days ago   26e7940   Added building links to character
8 days ago   157921f   Added wiki to new pages
8 days ago   ca4d8ac   Implementation of callbacks and AJAX code for single-item views works fine
9 days ago   d2c648c   Added missing templates
9 days ago   e3e41ff   Converted all old single and multiple data displays into new core single-page display
9 days ago   6a97c48   Map, chatbox and character screen integrated as original
9 days ago   fa32cfc   Chatbox same as original, mainly
donator
Any statistics about how many players there are?

# registered and # of active (maybe in last week or so)

I see a lot of potential here.

The game has been paused since March, the number of active players is zero atm   Cheesy

The OP of this thread contains links to all of the Ancient era resources, including the master database.

Number of characters is about 110.
Jump to: