Author

Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City) - page 229. (Read 632671 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 501
After seeing many crowds of people on town gathering to catch a glimpse of the two Golden Lions adoring the palace situated along the King's Park, Master Jacket would like to formally announce the opening of his newest Tavern - "The Golden Lion".  

It is conveniently located at the corner of Earl's Street and King's Park Street.  It is a perfect location for visitors and scholars from the University along with the Nobles in the area.

The facility has all the comforts with a high luxury level and Fine service and food available for all.  Please stop in a mention my name when you speak to our Managing Butler for a special bottle of our imported wine.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Do you need an Architect or a Building Inspector?

Do you want to build your dream house in Crypto Kingdom, but aren´t sure how to do the cost calculations? Do you need an architect to plan your house for you? Do you have an idea of a house ready, but you just need someone to add it in the game´s database? Let me help you!

For reliable and affordable service; architect, cost calculations and building inspection/database adding, contact Roopatra
here in the forum by PM, or in the Crypto Kingdom IRC channel. 
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
*ANNOUNCEMENT*

1. Master Saddam is hiring an architect to complete the design of my castle on the 6 quadrat plot of L43-L51. At the moment I have a rough draft to work from. I am looking for someone with the expertise to make the most out of my precious land! Please PM if interested.

2. Your Majesty, I would also like to purchase Jungherr Zecheriah's K7 plot for 160 m. Plans forthcoming. It seems like a great piece of real estate and I desire it.

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Our royal Majesty has been calculating the value of his Kingdom, and already proclaimed that the sale of gold at any lower prices is not happening. Rather the price will be turned up:

We have completed calculations about what is the minimum price we are willing to sell gold. It happens that this price is 0.06. Therefore this + the 2 auctions that we have left until the Version 2: Ancients is playable, will all have the reserve of 0.06, and only meager amounts for sale at that price.

In the later game, gold represents the ownership of the whole game and the dividends of its success. At the current amount and price of gold, this is valued at 24,600 XMR and it therefore makes no sense to dilute the ownership further at any lower price.

If anyone remembers what I said no more than 3 weeks ago concerning land, now it's the time to say the same concerning gold.  Cool

We have been in active contact with the Version 2: Ancients developer team, and they once again confirmed the release date. The version has even more features than originally spexed; the addition that I heard of today is the "building icon editor":

As we know, the city consists of 850 quadrats currently. Each quadrat is 10x10 meters. In the online version, there will be no separate /OVERVIEW and /DETAILED views, rather the current /DETAILED will be transferred to a MCS (Main City Screen) with each quadrat represented by 20x20 pixels. The owner of the lot can now customize what he wants the visitors to see in the MCS level. (Later on, it will have layers, so that the visitor can choose the default layer with the advertisements, Building layer with floorplans, or one of many statistical layers.)

The Current /DETAILED will also lend some features to the new LS (Lot Screen). At this point, the LS is quite statistical, but in as little as 1 month, in Version 3, it will become the menu for doing very interesting things in the different buildings and rooms of the lot.

With all these coming in a few days, and only me really involved in the development so that I know they'll deliver, forgive me if I see a great disparity in the price and the value of gold, and act accordingly.

As for the price of land, that one seems quite fair. The land in the centre is still a long-term investment. It is only when the city is more tightly built that the location really starts to give the edge. Currently the only ***** hotel is in a certain place, the only department store in another, etc. But later on the difference of even one quadrat, or which side of the building the entrance is, can make a difference of millions per year.
donator
Promotions in the army:

Lord James has been promoted Major (AOD-Maj).

Lord Karl has been promoted Major (AOD-Maj).

With Lord James, the reason for promotion is that he is commanding 2 companies, which is a formidable force. The companies are stationed in the NorthEast Tower (1-N-T) under 2 lieutenants, and Lord James is encouraged to visit them every once in a while.

Lord Karl's subordinate, a NPC, was promoted Captain, prompting the promotion up in the ranks also.

In addition, one NPC was promoted Major and Captain promotions were several. We also have 6 master sergeants in the Army, and this is a sign of hard training. You cannot buy them with money.

With Citadel works again activating with the construction of the donjon base and the gatehouse this year, and the moat soon after, we have been able to terrify the barbarians to not attacking so far. They have only 16 more years that we believe they have the realistic chance to attack. Since the chance is realistic, His Majesty will spare no comfort in strengthening the defences, so that we could avoid or mitigate the calamities that would befall us, if our defence in depth is not successful.

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
Final FINAL approbation for the highly coveted Noble Palace club membership shares allocated are as follows:

of 900 shares:

Chancellor Smooth - 300 shares (with the expectation of donating 100 to university holding)
Dame Roopatra - 10 shares
The Lord Baron Dr. Choo - 15 shares
The Lord Baron Zechariah - 30 shares
Lord Luigi - 50 shares
Lord Karl - 100 shares
The most Reverend Bishop - 90 shares
Earl Riccardo - 70 shares

Leaving 235 shares for The Marquess Joseph of New Liberty.  
A hearty congratulations to these wise and industrious noble people for their foresight and wisdom in joining in this effort.  It is sure to be both extremely delightful and highly remunerative.

For all others of noble stature, we will welcome you to the grand opening, at which time some of the masterworks of this city's great artisans will be on display in the galleries and some of the exquisite delicacies will be served to those in attendance.

Future memberships will require sponsorship from one of the founding members, and transfer or sale of at least one share to the new member by the sponsor.
donator
Subscription list

His Majesty is well aware that the land alone is worth more than the whole corporation according to this IPO. However, according to the original agreement, the Noble Palace is a place where even intrigue against His Majesty must be allowed, to have a safety valve for improper feelings. We must reaffirm our decline to participate this great project.

- G12 was recently sold for 120 mil/q, F7 for 125/q, and you can see for yourself that they are not at the center of the map as A1 is.

- Same is happening as with Grand Hotel, which is already trading 55% over IPO price, even after 10% dividends.

- We must hurry with the department of Economics, so that the royal ranting may be moved there, and away from the thread  Cheesy

EDIT: Baron Zechariah will up his ante to 30 mil based on the recent information (above).

EDIT2: It has also come to my attention that the Bishop is taking 90 million and Earl Riccardo is in for 70 million.

Bishop and Earl would like to be acknowledged in the final allocation, unless there are overarching reasons why they'd be left out.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150
Freedom&Honor
His Majesty!

I would like to sell all my stone

And buy D8 with the moneritos acquired
Shame on everyone for even considering that commoners be allowed in the Noble Palace.

Shame shame!

Shame on the Nobles who did not support their own club...   Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1204
Gresham's Lawyer
Final approbation for the highly coveted Noble Palace club membership shares allocated are as follows:

of 900 shares:

Chancellor Smooth - 300 shares (with the expectation of donating 100 to university holding)
The Lord Baron Zechariah - 30 shares
Lord Luigi - 50 shares

Leaving 495 shares for The Marquess Joseph of New Liberty.  
A hearty congratulations to these wise and industrious noble people for their foresight and wisdom in joining in this effort.  It is sure to be both extremely delightful and highly remunerative.

For all others of noble stature, we will welcome you to the grand opening, at which time some of the masterworks of this city's great artisans will be on display in the galleries and some of the exquisite delicacies will be served to those in attendance.

Sounds good. Any screenshots?

See the links on the OP - The City Map is there along with the character database.  Currently there is no web-playable version yet, but an initial version is coming at the end of the month.
In the spirit of inclusion, and in recognition of the excellent work of Master Jacket thus far and for his good citizenship, the NPC will allow this purchase only if there are none opposed among the NPC by the completion of the IPO (private response please).

His Majesty is quite amused that the Noble Palace is collecting money from the commoners  Roll Eyes

Shame on everyone for even considering that commoners be allowed in the Noble Palace. The Royal Charter was originally that even the junior nobles would be excluded as well

I guess this is an opposition...  

There is the Grand Hotel, with rooms of every size from 8 to 126 sqm, most tastefully finished, (suffering from being too big into our small town and the situation is not necessarily getting easier with the N.P.),

THIS is the place where the industrious commoners should direct their attention. Both in inviting their friends, and in buying the shares if they so wish.

The Grand Hotel is a wonderful facility and Master Jacket is very happy to be a 1/5 owner of the fine establishment!  It is THE place for all of Master Jacket's friends and business associates when visiting our fine city.

I encourage all to visit and dine at the exquisite restaurant with the best chef in town!!!

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
Sounds good. Any screenshots?
donator
His Majesty is quite amused that the Noble Palace is collecting money from the commoners  Roll Eyes

There is the Grand Hotel, with rooms of every size from 8 to 126 sqm, most tastefully finished, (suffering from being too big into our small town and the situation is not necessarily getting easier with the N.P.),

THIS is the place where the industrious commoners should direct their attention. Both in inviting their friends, and in buying the shares if they so wish.

Shame on everyone for even considering that commoners be allowed in the Noble Palace. The Royal Charter was originally that even the junior nobles would be excluded as well

Shame shame!

If they allow anyone to become a member, I will make a better club for only the 5 largest landowners... Grin
legendary
Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

Shame shame!
legendary
I can't open the char document from my phone because of google's way of doing things, so if I have enough money I would also like to buy 15 shares... if I don't then I would like Luigi to make me an offer for some stone to reach 15 mil so I can afford 15 shares!

Thanks a lot for understanding!

85k stone will currently fetch you 15,130,000 moneritos (178 per).
legendary
So far the highly coveted Noble Palace club membership shares allocated are as follows:

of 900 shares:

The Lord Baron Zechariah - 15 shares

Lord James' right of first refusal still pending 300 shares (neither yet purchased nor refused)

Also as we have one aspirant who although does not meet the ownership requirement but nevertheless has offered to purchase:
Master Jacket - 15 shares

In the spirit of inclusion, and in recognition of the excellent work of Master Jacket thus far and for his good citizenship, the NPC will allow this purchase only if there are none opposed among the NPC by the completion of the IPO (private response please).

Payment at the conclusion of the IPO may be made in Moneritos or stone (at rate of 100) as both will be useful for this effort.

Lord Luigi would like to purchase 50 shares.

Now, regarding payment methods, it is clear that purchasers would be ahead to sell the stone to me at > 100 (buy price has never been below 100), if they were planning to take the stone route.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Apologies for the delay, I had to fund my account, once the transaction has gone through there should be 300 moneros in there ready to buy your shares.
legendary
Activity: 1232
I can't open the char document from my phone because of google's way of doing things, so if I have enough money I would also like to buy 15 shares... if I don't then I would like Luigi to make me an offer for some stone to reach 15 mil so I can afford 15 shares!

Thanks a lot for understanding!
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I would like to buy 15 shares, if my current rank allows it
Jump to: