Author

Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City) - page 231. (Read 632671 times)

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
The 75th Diamond Anniversary of His Majesty's Rightful Rule in the Kingdom of CryptoKingdom and the city of CryptoTown

We look at the bustling city from our roof terrace with pride. In a mere 75 years, it has grown from nothing to be the home of more than 200 characters.

Great building works are completed, and more are in planning. We have decided that the current perimeter will suffice until the Centennary Jubilee, and during the remaining years it will be quite tightly built.

The threat of barbarian invasion looms constantly. Every 2 years, a die is thrown, with 6.25% chance of invasion happening. This threat will go away only at the close of the Centennary Jubilee. When the hordes appear, we only have 2 years to make the final preparations, and then it's the time for battles.

The influx of gold to the royal coffers will be hampered or stop altogether. Staking of stone as well. There will be great costs for raising an army of peasants to fight on the countryside, borne by His Majesty who is the Lord of all the lands apart from the capital. If this does not stop them, the die will decide if the city walls can be held. In this case there will be lots of medals granted to fearless Commanding Officers of our troops.

If a breach in the wall is made, we can still fight in the city, but that will be not only bloody but also very costly due to our beautiful and luxurious buildings. If this happens, an online conference in IRC will be summoned and we must decide whether to ransom away the barbarians or let them loot the city. The die will decide the amount of the gold ransom asked. If we can find the payers, very good. If not, the city is sacked and all the great buildings will be stripped of their luxuries, and this deficit marked in the BUILDING REGISTRY. If the luxury level is not repaired in due time, the buildings will stay permanently in the lower level.

The importance of Citadel is twofold. Having it in good condition terrifies the barbarians and keeps the probability of attack low. Unless it is improved, the probability will go up. Also the Citadel can be used to host our gold and (hopefully) people during the negotiations, and will lead to lower ransom demand. It is not likely that the barbarians can take the citadel with cannons and Zenon's apparata protecting it.

The online version will be ready in 13 days (just wanted to say it Smiley )

Lord smooth, Chancellor of the University is created Earl. "The Earl of CryptoLuna has been chosen from among his peers to be raised to landed nobility due to his good works and to commemorate this auspicious occasion."

To celebrate the Jubilee and strengthen the willingness to defend the capital (and not only their own lands), we gifted 200,000,000 m to the peasants, and 25% of it they will spend on the services of our town, for a nice boost to the corresponding pool.

We also conducted negotiations whether the peasants could sell more stone to their fixed price of 100 m, but they regarded this as insulteous. They know that stone is much more prized, but we cannot change what reads in the rulebook under "This cannot be changed".

Anyway, since stone is all they have, they gifted us back 200,000 stone.

The Army is now a separate accounting unit. His Majesty stone income of about 300,000 stone biennially, will from now on be diverted to the army (until the threat abates) as follows:

- Directly 200,000 stone is taken (for a cool 65% defence spending..) and deposited to the Army.
- The Army is willing to sell this stone for that day only, 40,000 stone for 10 million. Lots only. Maximum 200k until sold out (price per stone 250 m).
- The proceeds will be used for defence improvements and maintenance of the soldiers.
- When hopefully stone is some day left unsold, it will be earmarked for building the Citadel.

It is fitting to announce this good news, although it does not relate to the Jubilee per se: A few years ago, the Town was selling land in the C chapelry and promised that 10% of the proceeds will be raffled out to one character. We raised 2,200,000,000 m from this land, so a cool 220,000,000 m is now raffled out....

.....and the winner is: Lord Karl. Congratulations! Lord Karl has been the largest buyer of these lands, so it is Lady Fortuna's joke to refund him such handsomely.  Smiley

The new admins should be taking their positions very quickly. What I need is the email address so that I can give the admin rights. What you need is to familiarize yourself with the Building Editor/Admin tab.

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
Looking for design work:

1. Second floor of my residence

2. Military college building for the university

PM for more details or look for me on IRC

I'll bid the architecture work at 20% of total value. (only slightly under HM's 25%)
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Looking for design work:

1. Second floor of my residence

2. Military college building for the university

PM for more details or look for me on IRC
donator
Gold auction

Only 1 hours to go, and gold is fetching 0.08 XMR/CKG. Quite a bargain, tbh Smiley

Admins!

HM The King   AOK-GM (General Administrator)
The Marquess   AOK-K (Administrator)
The Bishop     AOK-K (Administrator)
Lord smooth   AOK-K (Administrator)
Lord Luigi     AOK-K (Administrator)
Dame Roopatra   AOK-K (Administrator)
Knight Febo   AOK-K (Administrator)

The people above are now Administrators, and they can perform database entries. Please use the IRC group to ask for Admins. Not all of them can do all atm, but they will learn quickly.

The building inspection/permit fee is now determined by free market. We thought that 4 mil is a reasonable fee, but since the work is honestly quite tedious, and takes a long time, HM fee is raised to 8 mil, so that the others could provide the service cheaper if possible.

HM architect fee is also 25% and special assignments only. Please ask beforehand if you feel that we should design for a reduced price or for nothing. The highish price is to make room for others to do designing also.

Army/Citadel plea

Citadel has been under construction for 25 years, and still does not have much except the bases of the outside wall (outside wall is intended to be 10 m and is now 6 m high, in addition we need the garrisons, etc. and the central castle. You can now donate directly to the Army, everything is accepted, stone the most Smiley Far be it from us that the officer promotions would depend on the beneficence, though...

Hotel licences

As should be known to those in the hospitality industry, the hotels need a licence to operate. This should ensure their profitability. Currently we have kind of promised 2 licenses to ***** Noble Palace and **** Luigi's (unnamed).

After these are constructed, and it should happen soon for the promise to be in effect, we deem that no new magnificent hotels are needed for some time. Guesthouses and *** hotels may be had without limit.

City Area

The current city area is beginning to feel crowded, but we are so afraid of barbarians that we are thinking to not increase the area until in the online version after the centennary Jubilee. If this will cause the price of land to increase, at least our Majesty is not among the beneficiaries, since we have practically no land left for sale. This can be ascertained from the City Map/Land Grab tab. Please if you feel you can do without a certain piece of land, list it for sale via smooth's RE agency.

Building regulations

Many have felt that in the "Cathedral quarter" the buildings should rise to maximum height of 16 m due to the Cathedral towers being 17 m. So now be it official.

The max height in everywhere else is technically 20 m. I can't recall any structure being that high, except the Royal Palace tower, and the (topmost parts of the) planned Luigi's shopping centre in the opposite side of the square. And yes the obelisk that has a 4 m high pedestal, plus the construction of 17 m, with the total height of 21 m.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
Your fellow citizen Haruki wishes to be excused for his abscence in the early building days of His Majesty's kingdom. Unforseen travels and other stressfull obligations are hindering any thoughtfull participation at the moment.
legendary
Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000
Places frequented:

Luigi's Grail and Quail
Town Hall Restaurant
The Drawn, Hung and Quartered

Center - c3

Excellent, excellent choice on town center. I'm in full agreement. Tongue

I also frequent my own establishment, the "Grail and Quail" (it does not go un-noted that my staff provide me with "economical" meals as well). It is perfect for grabbing lunch after the Sunday service next door.
Also: Monero House Restaurant
Town Hall Restaurant
donator
When we analyze the results, it is important to see that:
- only 15% of the services pool spending is by tourists (the demand for hotels is limited);
- 30% is by PC's (there is some demand for nice restaurants);
- 55% is by NPC's (servants, guest workers), and this means that there is a very great demand still for taverns especially in the areas where the servants live, and for the areas where they live (because they don't currently live much anywhere!).

The greatest winners of the week were:

Dame Roopatra, whose hearty taverns seem to be optimally located in the north gate, for both visitor, NPC and commoners population. Also the minimarket hit the spot.

Lord Luigi, whose tavern is enjoying enourmous popularity, perhaps due to the location right at the heart.

Monero House, that turned out to be the player favorite eatery second only to the Grand Hotel.

Jungherr Zechariah, whose 116 apartment and guesthouse rooms finally got a relatively better valuation (they did not, but everything else lost due to overcapacity).

Losers were

Town Council/TH Annex, whose rents in shopfront plummeted due to the vote that the town center is actually a bit to the north, and due to the opening of the new department store.

Grand Hotel, which suffered the most from the realized overcapacity in hotel business, even though the restaurant did great.

Town Hall, whose basement shop rents were slain by -50%.

HM The King. It seems that only the tourists use the Royal Taverns, they have suffered poor profitability. And now also the Department Store was revised down after the initial shopping spree was over.

50% of the servant salaries currently are saved or goes to spending outside of the town. The reason is that they cannot find reasonable rental apartments here. If we manage to get the services pool "full payout" to 120,000 for 3 consecutive days, the servants will be spending 60% from then on. If 100,000, then 70%; 80,000, then 80%; 60,000, then 90% and 40,000, then 100%. (And similarly upwards if needed).
donator
The 14-ennial (real-weekly) services pool payout update is just done. Please find out every single business in town, how much they draw from the pool:

Code:
The Grand Hotel Corp.	19157 %	-21 %
***** Rooms 8180 %
*** Restaurant 5163 %
Shops for rent 1720 %
Tavern....... 1197 %
Haw rentals 1000 %
Conference 990 %
Haw tavern 908 %

Lord Zechariah................ 17745 % +29 %
The Original Hive rentals 7550 %
Zechariah's Guesthouse ** 4800 %
The Original Hive tavern 2346 %
Zechariah's Guesth tavern 2016 %
Zechariah's Grocery Store 1032 %

HM The King................ 11091 % -12 %
The Old Department Store 4730 %
Outside The Wall Tavern 1877 %
Behind the Cathedral Pub 1669 %
Expert Village rentals... 1598 %
In The Basement Tavern 1217 %

The Town Hall Corp. /TH 8137 % -18 %
Town Hall Tavern 2992 %
Town Hall Restaurant 2582 %
Ground level shops 1484 %
Renting the Great Hall 1080 %

Bishop David, Earl of Armagnac 5121 % -7 %
Priory House Hotel **** 2170 %
Priory House Cellar Tavern 1704 %
Priory House Restaurant 430 %
Cathedral Shops......... 430 %
Brewery.................... 387 %

Monero House.................... 4770 % 33 %
Monero House Restaurant 3860 %
*** Hotel.................. 910 %

Lord Karl 4669 % 18 %
H, D & Q Tavern 3407 %
H, D & Q Guesthouse ** 660 %
H, D & Q Stables 602 %

Dame Roopatra 3886 % 76 %
The North Gate Tavern 2329 %
Mama's Kitchen 1234 %
Mead, Meat and More shop 323 %

Lord Luigi 4563 % 75 %
The Grail & Quail Tavern 3373 %
Penthouse + 3 rooms *** 1190 %

Chancellor smooth 2829 % 5 %
Rooftop Restaurant 1569 %
Smooth Hotel *** 1260 %

Town council /Annex 2483 % -30 %

Master binaryFate 1215 % +14 %

Master Jacket 250 % +27 %

Master Damoiseau 125 % +27 %

Febo Urso Mortiginto 100 % +27 %

Ms. Leila Liekki 100 % +27 %

The difference compared to the old payout ratings is also given.
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
For breakfast I prefer to dine on home turf ('The Hung, Drawn & Quartered' tavern), and for lunch & evenings I enjoy The Grand Hotel, Monero House, and the Hotel Rooftop Restaurant.

The center of town feels like the obelisk to me.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Dame Roopatra's two places are my locals, while the Grand Hotel is my choice for fine dining. The town centre is the obelisk IMHO.
Quentin Moon 🌙
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Unfortunately the beautiful layout of both my restaurants are still nowhere to be seen in the detailed city map Tongue Hopefully the newly appointed building administrators get to the task in their earliest convenience.

However, The North Gate Tavern (sometimes mentioned as Roopatra´s Tavern) in square J4, is currently a little understaffed, and sometimes patrons have to wait for their food or drinks, and we are currently hiring another waitress to make up for the slow service. It is a place to come sit and talk with your friends and allies, because the restaurant affords unrivaled views for all the new arrivals to the city through the north gate. Big windows to the south open to King´s Park and the Royal Palace. After hiring another waitress we aim to serve $$ meals and drinks, with at least Smiley service.

Mama´s Kitchen (in the documents sometimes called Roopatra´s 2) in lot C4 has good views to the south, the restaurant manager simply known as Mama, grows all the herbs for the restaurant in a little herb garden on the back of the kitchen and takes care of smooth running of the business, with the help of a chef and 3 waitresses. Come here to eat like in your grandma´s kitchen to experience tasty homestyle meals. The restaurant also has attached a corner shop called "Meat, Mead and More" for all your daily grocery needs. It should be more expensive but it isn´t, Mama´s is a place for everyone. Meals and drinks $$, service Smiley Smiley

I frequent obviously in both of my own establishments mentioned above. Wink But also when I can afford the luxury; in the Grand Hotel, and in the Monero house restaurant.

In my humble opinion the town center is Central Square, south side of the Royal Palace.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Gresham's Lawyer
I find that I've been taking very many meals at the Monero House during the planning and logistics process for the Noble Palace Hotel adjacent, and occasionally treat Noble Palace workers to a meal there after an especially hard day during the planning and construction phases.  The Grand Hotel is also just so convenient for me and I've developed a fondness for that special thing they do with the white truffles delicately arraigned over which the generous medallion of whipped foie gras is seated and graced with a cream drizzle.  The flavours just leap off the plate, so buttery and airy, and so close to home.

Whilst I hope to try every establishment in this fine city, the Grail and Quail is just so convenient for some post vespers repast.

Monero House
Grand Hotel
Grail and Quail

My center? The Cathedral.
Activity: 784
Merit: 501
Places frequented:

Luigi's Grail and Quail
Town Hall Restaurant
The Drawn, Hung and Quartered

Center - c3
donator
And to answer my own voting round (did I mention that you have about 46 hours to vote!), my judgement is as follows:

I visit the following places most:
Monero House
Grand Hotel
Town Hall Restaurant.

The reason is simple. As King, I don't have financial constraints to ever eat badly. So in addition to the kitchen in my own basement, I tour around the well-established fine dining spots of the town, and eagerly take a private invitation from the Marquess also, or another one who has a distinguished chef on his payroll.

Also my understanding of the actual centre of the town (building masses, commercial premises, pedestrians/tourism) is e0.

donator
Assessing the Services Pool payout percentages, your opinion counts!

Our great city has ~40 PC, who have ~140 NPC servants, and the standing army numbers ~150. (Women and children do not count, as was the custom in the middle ages.) We the King are very pleased with the progress.

The Services Pool mechanisms are again updated, leading to an even bigger payout from the pool, to be divided between our rental, hotel, tavern, restaurant, and other commercial establishments. The payout has grown as follows:

1450 - 3 mil
1460 - 54 mil
1470 - 109 mil (per real-day).

According to what we have understood, the following restaurants and taverns are seeking to cater to the PC segment. We would like the owners to update the information on what the price level in their restaurant is in the scale of $-$$$$$ (quality I can directly deduce from the pay of the chef - which you can update if wanted!), and what are the attributes why the middle class or upper class people should frequent it. Then the players can vote, to list maximum 3 places where they would like to go, considering the clientele, distance from home, willingness to pay etc.

Also we'd like to know what quadrat you consider to be the Central Point of the current town, considering pedestrian routes and access to shops and services. Please tell your answer as the quadrat id format, eg. lot 1-C-G12 "Smooth Hotel" is quadrat "c1".

List of restaurants and their (current) quality ("w/k" means that the tavern serves food):

The Grand Hotel ***** Restaurant  Smiley Smiley Smiley $$$$$ - Central square
The Town Hall Restaurant  Smiley Smiley $$$$ - Central/d'Armagnac square
The Monero House *** Hotel Restaurant  Smiley $$$$ - Earls' Street
Smooth *** Hotel Rooftop Restaurant  Smiley (?) - d'Armagnac square
In The Basement Tavern (w/k)  Smiley $$ - Central Square
The Town Hall Bar (w/k) Smiley $$$$ - Central Square

Behind The Cathedral Tavern (drink only) $$$ - d'Armagnac square
Priory House **** Hotel Restaurant n/a (?) - a bit south
Luigi's Grail and Quail *** Tavern (w/k) n/a (?) - Central square
?? (Roopatra 2) (w/k)  Tongue ($-$$ ?) - north gate
Outside The Wall Tavern (w/k)  Tongue $$ - a bit south
Zechariah's Guesthouse Tavern (w/k)  Tongue $$ - Jousting ground
The Drawn, Hung and Quartered (w/k)  Tongue $$ - a bit northeast
The Grand Hotel haw catering (w/k)  Tongue $ - in the midst of nothing
The Original Hive Tavern (w/k)  Tongue $ - north
The North Gate Tavern (Roopatra 1) (w/k)  Tongue Tongue $ - north gate

And remember, perhaps 1,000 or more XMR will be distributed according to your decisions!  Grin

Cool to see that we have 16 establishments in town for fine and casual dining  Kiss
legendary
Activity: 1232
Hello,

As a humble servant I would like to buy 32 gold coins from King's coinshop if my calculations are right I will have to pay 3494400 moneritos for it

Thank you my King!
donator
GRAND OPENING - Smooth & Co Real Estate Office

The Smooth & Co Real Estate Office is now open for business, located conveniently in the lobby of Smooth Hotel at grid square G12.

Services provided:

. Sale and resale of undeveloped land and developed real property (services provided to individual owners and development entities).
. Mortgage brokering (services provided to both borrowers and lenders)
. Appraisals
. Building permits, recording (by appointment of HM The King)
. Acquisitions

Commissions are set initially at 5% for all services, except recordings (no charge) and appraisals (base price 4m, but higher for more complex properties)

EDIT: by "no charge" for recordings this means no charge above the normal fee of 4m

Ahh...  His Majesty is very pleased that new businesses are opening in the town. Especially financial services, for we do know that money matters most and the owners of gold make the rules.

We are interested in the appraisal process. What kind of method is used in the inner-city built-up area (almost non-existent yet) and the area in development?

Also the loan rate interests us much. Baron Zechariah recently closed a 0.50% APR loan financing, with 300% overguarantee. Is your intention to be on the loan taker or provider more?
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
Thank you for the gracious promotion!

Currently I am working on plans for Saddam's Castle which will be built on the 6 quadrats of land I acquired.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
GRAND OPENING - Smooth & Co Real Estate Office

The Smooth & Co Real Estate Office is now open for business, located conveniently in the lobby of Smooth Hotel at grid square G12.

Services provided:

. Sale and resale of undeveloped land and developed real property (services provided to individual owners and development entities).
. Mortgage brokering (services provided to both borrowers and lenders)
. Appraisals
. Building permits, recording (by appointment of HM The King)
. Acquisitions

Commissions are set initially at 5% for all services, except recordings (no charge) and appraisals (base price 4m, but higher for more complex properties)

EDIT: by "no charge" for recordings this means no charge above the normal fee of 4m
donator
As long as the possibility of a default is covered, I can lend him the moneritos, the cash should already be in my account.

The possibility of a default is covered by a mortgage to his property in the lots 1-W-K11 and K12. They currently provide about 5 mil per year and the accrued interest of this loan is 0.5 mil per year. So unless catastrophic things happen (the game folds down), you get either 125 million or at a minimum, this property.
Jump to: