Author

Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City) - page 230. (Read 632671 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
Master Saddam has grown weary during the design phase of his 6 quadrat estate. The plans would best be finished in solitude, rather than the jovial atmosphere of the Grail and Quail.

Your Majesty, I hereby request a land grant at 1-N-D9 in order to rest and reside in the meantime while my palace is designed and built.
Activity: 784
Merit: 501
Subscription list

His Majesty is well aware that the land alone is worth more than the whole corporation according to this IPO. However, according to the original agreement, the Noble Palace is a place where even intrigue against His Majesty must be allowed, to have a safety valve for improper feelings. We must reaffirm our decline to participate this great project.

- G12 was recently sold for 120 mil/q, F7 for 125/q, and you can see for yourself that they are not at the center of the map as A1 is.

- Same is happening as with Grand Hotel, which is already trading 55% over IPO price, even after 10% dividends.

- We must hurry with the department of Economics, so that the royal ranting may be moved there, and away from the thread  Cheesy

In light of this information, Master Jacket would like to increase his share to 50 if there are still no objections.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Roopatra would also like to revise her buy, if there are still shares left, she would like to buy all together 17 shares instead of the earlier said 10 shares.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
Updated list of 900 shares:

Chancellor Smooth - 300 shares (with the expectation of donating 100 to university holding)
Dame Roopatra - 10 shares
The Lord Baron Dr. Choo - 15 shares
The Lord Baron Zechariah - 30 shares

Lord James' right of first refusal still pending 300 shares (neither yet purchased nor refused)

None yet have blackballed Master Jacket's 15 and time remains on this as well.

As HM has noted, many expect these are an incredible bargain.
A few short months remain before the closing of the open offering will be closed.

They may be available to new promotions, and ultimately possibly on a secondary market...

Subscription list

His Majesty is well aware that the land alone is worth more than the whole corporation according to this IPO. However, according to the original agreement, the Noble Palace is a place where even intrigue against His Majesty must be allowed, to have a safety valve for improper feelings. We must reaffirm our decline to participate this great project.

- G12 was recently sold for 120 mil/q, F7 for 125/q, and you can see for yourself that they are not at the center of the map as A1 is.

- Same is happening as with Grand Hotel, which is already trading 55% over IPO price, even after 10% dividends.

- We must hurry with the department of Economics, so that the royal ranting may be moved there, and away from the thread  Cheesy

EDIT: Baron Zechariah will up his ante to 30 mil based on the recent information (above).
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
I have a query about building remodeling costs.

I have a couple of plans to extend my L7 house to a baronial L9 mansion (still single-floor, all low arch) via movement and addition of various elements and an increase in the luxury level from 30 to 60. I was wondering how to calculate the cost. Would something like the following be reasonable? I am assuming that stone and imports are not lost in the remodeling, so:

extra stone = new building stone - old building stone
extra imports = new building imports - old building imports

There would however presumably need to be some additional cost for Labor. e.g.
extra labor = (new building labor - old building labor)*1.25

with the 1.25 multiplier being dependent on the degree of modification.

Yours,
Quentin Moon

Please refer to the Building Editor / Admin Guide tab. The recovery values for stone and windows, and their associated labor costs are there. Other things cannot be recovered.

ADD: Luxuries are recovered to 30% of their value upon the total demolition of the house. A big part of the luxuries is embedded in the building and cannot be salvaged. The items otoh, do not fetch their total price when sold to second hand merchants. Also the cost of dismantling them is included in the reduction of the price, so this means that you get a cash benefit of 30%*200,000*(#_sqm)*lux%. Should be added to the calculator soon.
donator
Subscription list

EDIT: Baron Zechariah will up his ante to 30 mil based on the recent information (above).

EDIT2: It has also come to my attention that the Bishop is taking 90 million and Earl Riccardo is in for 70 million.
Activity: 212
Merit: 100

It is fitting to announce this good news, although it does not relate to the Jubilee per se: A few years ago, the Town was selling land in the C chapelry and promised that 10% of the proceeds will be raffled out to one character. We raised 2,200,000,000 m from this land, so a cool 220,000,000 m is now raffled out....

.....and the winner is: Lord Karl. Congratulations! Lord Karl has been the largest buyer of these lands, so it is Lady Fortuna's joke to refund him such handsomely.  Smiley

Lady Fortuna has most definitely smiled on me, but not just from this win of stones (which I will use to build more apartments for our people). I discovered CK 'early', and consider myself fortunate to have sufficient imagination to see the opportunities coming for those who 'reside' in our fair city.

CK is a unique place, and with HM at the helm the future looks very bright.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
I have a query about building remodeling costs.

I have a couple of plans to extend my L7 house to a baronial L9 mansion (still single-floor, all low arch) via movement and addition of various elements and an increase in the luxury level from 30 to 60. I was wondering how to calculate the cost. Would something like the following be reasonable? I am assuming that stone and imports are not lost in the remodeling, so:

extra stone = new building stone - old building stone
extra imports = new building imports - old building imports

There would however presumably need to be some additional cost for Labor. e.g.
extra labor = (new building labor - old building labor)*1.25

with the 1.25 multiplier being dependent on the degree of modification.

Yours,
Quentin Moon
donator
so when does the online version come out?

Most recent target date stated was 11/30 I think.

Yes. It has been changed once, when the online version team got their assignment in order. Originally it was last Sunday.

But don't expect that all will magically be transferred. Some elements of the game (building editor comes to mind) will continue to use the "non-online" methods for months. The greatest differences now happening are:
- easier character administration (can change their own data and trade without admin).
- as a result of the above, unlimited creation of new characters.

On IRC you asked about what you get for a house.

1. A property you can resell later, potentially at a profit

2. Higher participation in the labor poll (moneritos paid to you each day) as a resident.

1.& 2. The King sold one house for 260 XMR that according to the public building records was erected at a cost of 104 XMR. Money was not "lost" in building a house since they bring income both when owned and when rented. Of course the land whose value had multiplied since building, paid a part in the equation.

3. Also owning a (certain type) of house is a minimum requirement for promotion from L3 (currently) or to L3 (in online version).
donator
The building restrictions are strictly adhered to

The town architects reviewed the plans and humbly pointed out that:
- the entrance level restaurant/club is too risky to be windowless. Our methods of lighting cannot make it but barely bearable. Opening a row of windows to the south gallery room is risk free and with thick curtains the club can be sealed dark upon need, but not doomed to be dark when not needed.
- stained glass has just entered the Kingdom, and could be used at a surcharge of 550,000 m/sqm. Perhaps it fits in parts of the windows, maybe the top parts.

luxury rate of 190%

Now this is impressive. We have a committed defenders against barbarians who are even more after our city now Wink

second only to HM's own living arrangements

What the King can comfortably spare for the head of a visiting retinue is <100 sqm. So second only is starting to feel a courtesy word here..
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

Most recent target date stated was 11/30 I think.

On IRC you asked about what you get for a house.

1. A property you can resell later, potentially at a profit

2. Higher participation in the labor poll (moneritos paid to you each day) as a resident.

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150
Freedom&Honor
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
For this year only the founders IPO rate of share purchases may be made at 1 million moneritos each, 900 shares available total.
Chancellor Smooth and Lord James each have rights of first refusal for 300 shares each, and 300 for the Marquess.

Chancellor Smooth bids for 300 shares, of which 100 will be donated to the University.

donator
CK Building Editor / Admin Guide tab has a new, updated Building Cost Calculator. The previous one served a full 50 years!

This is mandatory reading for everyone who designs buildings, and all admins of course who approve them.

Changes in costing:
- Door and staircases are now clearly in different rows according to their quality. The price of carpentry has slightly increased.
- The labor related to windows is not imported anymore and benefits the local economy. Stained glass windows can now be used.
- Gilding is directly supported.
- High arch up to 12 m and cupola are now possible, given appropriate structural design.
- Architect and building inspector fees automatically calculated.
- Luxuries support local economy by 55% instead of 50% before.
- Gives direct inputs to both City Map /BUILDING REGISTRY tab and Characters / T_MON & N_STONE without need for intermediate calculations.

Enjoy! Smiley

For this year only the founders IPO rate of share purchases may be made at 1 million moneritos each, 900 shares available total.
Chancellor Smooth and Lord James each have rights of first refusal for 300 shares each, and 300 for the Marquess.

Although not granted nobility, the aspiring Master Jacket would like to humbly request subscription to a meager 15 shares should the nobles allow him the privilege of helping fund this great addition to the city.
donator

The Lord Baron Dr. Choo and Lord Baron Zechariah have considered their junior position among the Barons (despite the advanced age of Dr. Choo and royal birth of Zechariah, they feel junior to the ones with greater means), and found it fitting to subscribe 15,000,000 moneretos worth of shares (each) of this magnanimous establishment.

May it fulfill the grand goals proclaimed by His Excellency The Marquess, AOD-Maj, AOK-K.
legendary
Gresham's Lawyer
This sounds like fun, how to start as a newbie? Cheers!
To join at this early state, you must get some gold, either from an existing player, or from His Majesty's auctions.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=835528.80;topicseen
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
This sounds like fun, how to start as a newbie? Cheers!
legendary
Gresham's Lawyer
With the building of his new palace, Jacket has opened a new Tavern located at C8 near the North Gate and the Hive Apartment Complex.

Price Level - $$
Jump to: