Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto winter is coming again … - page 3. (Read 4557 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
October 23, 2017, 08:02:05 AM
Okay but what I think I am saying is that we necessarily can’t have complete information for if we did than everything would be predetermined. Uncertainty must increase else we would be entirely alone, as no one else could be the in game except as our controlled slave.

Apparently even Einstein seemed to believe that the Second Law of Thermodynamics is fundamental/inviolable. (the point that the entropy[1] of the universe trends to maximum)

P.S. yes I am aware of for example the non-local variables issue in quantum mechanics, etc..

[1] Entropy means roughly in layman’s terms: the distributed-ness of uncertainty about specific outcomes.

If you had the information of the past and the future you would be aware of everything at once, which would be the same as being aware of nothing at all. So if you want to be able to experience any aspect of reality you must discard the information about everything else, at least temporarily.

That is my point.

The Second Law of Thermodynamics has already been violated on small scales

I added the edits above to make it clear I am referring to the universal scale.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 834
October 23, 2017, 07:49:20 AM
I wouldn't want to have to live a life where success is predefined in one specific way, so I'm glad that nothing matters and that I can give my own meaning (or none) to life.

If you read my archives, you will find that I have written nearly the same as your comments.

And I am trying to understand/decide/analyse what role I want partake in the move towards a one-world currency regime.
I have the same problem, which I guess is why I try out as many things as I possibly can. It's hard for me to decide on a single path since everything seems so interesting and exciting.

Ultimately I may too disappear on a farm or into a digital form just because I (and/or the Universe) chose that direction at some point.

But afaics we do not entirely choose our direction. I would not agree with you if you claimed we have totally ordered self-determination. We’re necessarily connected to and subject to the overall trend to maximum uncertainty (entropy), else the Universe would have to be certain (a total order) and computable (and thus we would not really exist in any sense of game or life any more than a photograph or a video is existence of those in it). The future and past light cones of relativity would be undifferentiated.
I think we're just not fully aware of our own actions. Think about how difficult it was to learn something new, like walking, writing, or using language. Now it just happens subconsciously. But we're still the ones responsible for it. We've just become so good at it that we stop paying attention to all the fine details of our own actions.

At some point we end up completely forgetting how we even learned to do all these things that we now take for granted, so it's no surprise that we end up feeling like we're not in control.
But the more attention you pay to yourself, the more aware you'll become of everything that is happening - and why/how it's happening. A part of what makes life as a human so fun is precisely how easy it is to get lost in this illusion of a "human life".

Relativity and light cones are just ways for a human to rationalize reality based on the filters through which a human is capable of perceiving it. But those explanations are ultimately just that. They're convincing, but not real. They're just part of creating your own reality - in which you choose what to believe in and what not.

By the way, all theories that are currently accepted in science are extremely incomplete, which at the same time had me disappointed and excited. I used to believe that there was "one fixed truth/explanation for everything", which is why I went into science - to find it. But all I found was that different humans tell different stories and none of them are any more true or false than any other.
October 23, 2017, 07:38:49 AM
I wouldn't want to have to live a life where success is predefined in one specific way, so I'm glad that nothing matters and that I can give my own meaning (or none) to life.

If you read my archives, you will find that I have written nearly the same as your comments.

And I am trying to understand/decide/analyse what role I want partake in the move towards a one-world currency regime.

Ultimately I may too disappear on a farm or into a digital form just because I (and/or the Universe) chose that direction at some point.

But afaics we do not entirely choose our direction. I would not agree with you if you claimed we have totally ordered self-determination. We’re necessarily connected to and subject to the overall trend to maximum uncertainty (entropy), else the Universe would have to be certain (a total order) and computable (and thus we would not really exist in any sense of game or life any more than a photograph or a video is existence of those in it). The future and past light cones of relativity would be undifferentiated.
October 23, 2017, 07:31:36 AM
But let me see if I understood your stance correctly. Are you saying that we should not care at all about how we are deceived? That I am wasting my time by trying to analyse our deception?
Depends on how you define "wasting time". I personally overanalyze just about everything as well, because it's very enjoyable for me and I like experiencing as much as I possible can. Analyzing everything is part of that.

So then what matters in this world? So we should not invest in Bitcoin or do anything because none of this matters?
What do you want to matter in this world? That's the only relevant question - unless you want other questions to matter more. If someone wants to live on a farm instead of investing in Bitcoin then all power to them. That's one out of infinitely many ways to live out a human life and if I could I would probably choose to live out every possibility.

Should I just take drugs all day because nothing matters any way?
Sure, that's another way to live life. Not one that I currently find very appealing, but it's a way to experience a human life nonetheless. I have personally taken quite a lot of drugs, but I am not letting them take control of my life. I have a degree in science and I am learning about as many things as I can. Trying out mind-altering substances (as long as they are sufficiently safe) is just one (very small) aspect of my life. If someone else wants to base their whole life around taking drugs though, why should that be a problem?

Just because nothing really matters doesn't mean that you can't create your own meaning. That's what's so beautiful about reality, at least to me. I wouldn't want to have to live a life where success is predefined in one specific way, so I'm glad that nothing matters and that I can give my own meaning (or none) to life.
October 23, 2017, 07:24:55 AM
since you actually appear to believe that you're just a bag of meat and bones instead of simply controlling a human body.

I do not think I wrote anything which indicated I think that. If you had read my archives, you would know I have even written about the possibility of time travel by discarding our body.

We're getting off-topic though.

Ok.

But let me see if I understood your stance correctly. Are you saying that we should not care at all about how we are deceived? That I am wasting my time by trying to analyse our deception?

So then what matters in this world? So we should not invest in Bitcoin or do anything because none of this matters?

Should I just take drugs all day because nothing matters any way?
October 23, 2017, 07:21:12 AM
Try and you'll find out. It seems like you'll be in for a surprise, since you actually appear to believe that you're just a bag of meat and bones instead of simply controlling a human body.

We're getting off-topic though.
October 23, 2017, 07:10:35 AM
But in reality, you're only a slave if you choose to be one. Even with central banking, you can choose to make them your tool instead of allowing them to control your life. Most people just lack the awareness to do this (for goods reasons).

We’ll according to prophecy, at the end times no one will be able to buy or sell anything without permission from a centralized authority, i.e. everyone must take the 666 mark.

The enslavement comes from the top-down by eventually controlling everything, even where/how you allowed to breathe and reproduce.

In the meantime, yes it is possible to find ways to game the system. And some have argued that it will always be possible to game the system, but afaik prophecy disagrees.
Prophecy is just part of the game. There is no "top down" unless you choose to believe in it.
October 23, 2017, 07:08:23 AM
But in reality, you're only a slave if you choose to be one. Even with central banking, you can choose to make them your tool instead of allowing them to control your life. Most people just lack the awareness to do this (for goods reasons).

We’ll according to prophecy, at the end times no one will be able to buy or sell anything without permission from a centralized authority, i.e. everyone must take the 666 mark.

The enslavement comes from the top-down by eventually controlling everything, even where/how you allowed to breathe and reproduce.

In the meantime, yes it is possible to find ways to game the system. And some have argued that it will always be possible to game the system, but afaik prophecy disagrees.

I think basically your point is you don’t give a fuck about prophecy or the effect of debt control, politically correct totalitarianism control, and other forms of subjugation of the human species into a 1984 outcome.
October 23, 2017, 06:55:00 AM
It's one of those things that could end up pushing BTC over the edge eventually and pave way for another crypto... Unless mining becomings more attracted and thus more decentralized I guess, which doesn't seem likely right now.

My world view is that you’re (we’re) gullible and looking it from that which I posit to be the incorrect perspective.

Instead, as I explained in my prior post, I think it will make BTC the king of crypto and enable it to be trusted as immutable which is the necessary requirement for a one-world reserve currency that nation-state central banks are eventually forced to hold as reserves by lack of other less politically manipulated alternatives.

Yet the irony of it is the mining will be entirely controlled behind the curtain by the Zionists (aka The Beast or Anti-Christ in Revelation). This all ties into my theory that Bitcoin was created by the Zionists planners. I had presented several reasons or evidence to support this theory.

The Zionists (Satan) are so clever, that they have fooled us into cheering for and evangelizing our future enslavement into the 666 system (<--- I wrote that in 2013). Exactly as predicted in the Bible that we would be fooled by the miracles of the Anti-Christ.

Satan demonstrated his power when he destroyed the three buildings at 9/11 with controlled demolitions. Study the research by PhDs and scholars.

I of course hope I am entirely incorrect. Who wants to think that we’re doomed to enslavement. Yet as I challenged readers, study the research and try to refute it.

What better way to enslave all us goyim by turning us into slaves blinded by our own greed into evangelizing our enslavement paradigm. Lol. Perfect.

Go Bitcoin $10000!. Go Bitcoin! Go! Yahoo! At least we’ll be filthy rich slaves for a few moments.
You are incorrect, at least partially. It depends on your perspective I guess. But in reality, you're only a slave if you choose to be one. Even with central banking, you can choose to make them your tool instead of allowing them to control your life. Most people just lack the awareness to do this (for goods reasons).
October 23, 2017, 05:51:48 AM
It's one of those things that could end up pushing BTC over the edge eventually and pave way for another crypto... Unless mining becomings more attracted and thus more decentralized I guess, which doesn't seem likely right now.

My world view is that you’re (we’re) gullible and looking it from that which I posit to be the incorrect perspective.

Instead, as I explained in my prior post, I think it will make BTC the king of crypto and enable it to be trusted as immutable which is the necessary requirement for a one-world reserve currency that nation-state central banks are eventually forced to hold as reserves by lack of other less politically manipulated alternatives.

Yet the irony of it is the mining will be entirely controlled behind the curtain by the Zionists (aka The Beast or Anti-Christ in Revelation). This all ties into my theory that Bitcoin was created by the Zionists planners. I had presented several reasons or evidence to support this theory.

The Zionists (Satan) are so clever, that they have fooled us into cheering for and evangelizing our future enslavement into the 666 system (<--- I wrote that in 2013). Exactly as predicted in the Bible that we would be fooled by the miracles of the Anti-Christ.

Satan demonstrated his power when he destroyed the three buildings at 9/11 with controlled demolitions. Study the research by PhDs and scholars.

I of course hope I am entirely incorrect. Who wants to think that we’re doomed to enslavement. Yet as I challenged readers, study the research and try to refute it.

What better way to enslave all us goyim by turning us into slaves blinded by our own greed into evangelizing our enslavement paradigm. Lol. Perfect.

Go Bitcoin $10000!. Go Bitcoin! Go! Yahoo! At least we’ll be filthy rich slaves for a few moments.

“If you read the book Sapiens, then you recognize this as a religion – a story we all tell each other and agree upon. Religion is the adoption curve we ought to be thinking about. It’s almost perfect – as soon as someone gets in, they tell everyone and go out evangelizing. Then their friends get in and they start evangelizing.”
October 23, 2017, 05:08:36 AM
Agreed. I can't really see miners screwing themselves over either. There's too much money invested into mining hardware for them to just let Bitcoin die. They will do what it takes to keep their profits rolling in.

if at some point the potential payoff of attacking segwit outweighs the potential downsides, there would be people seriously considering it. would someone try? dunno. but segwit seems to add unnecessary risk to btc long term value.

October 23, 2017, 04:28:13 AM
Bitcoin is for sheep?

I am not trying to tell anyone what to think. Everyone has their own free will.

Many people seem to think the miners will not profit from the posited attack but I have already explained that I think they will not only profit but they will achieve their goal of world domination:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.23365309

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.23338601

How many of you have read everything in the above linked thread?

Again it is all speculation. Please remember that.

[…] but segwit seems to add unnecessary risk to btc long term value.

If I were the ones planning such an attack, first I would create many different forks of Bitcoin (that appear to come from different groups) to make it appear that the community is in disarray and thus making mutability look like a really bad idea. Divide-and-conquer. And sucker a lot of sheep into trusting Core (i.e. Core may have been funded as a decoy in a long-range plan). We goyim are so gullible.

Then when SegWit is attacked, that can be a strong argument that returning to immutability is much more sane and that the attacking miners are actually rescuing Bitcoin so that it can serve as a stable one-world reserve currency:

[…]

The following is the same concept as Nash’s Ideal Money, as FOFOA’s free gold concept, and what I mentioned in my blog. The problem is that no one knows how to achieve a reserve currency that won’t be (even if surreptitiously) centrally controlled and thus eventually abused!

In the instant case, we will need to create a neutral Reserve Currency that is free from domestic political conflicts such as the Democrats v Republicans in the USA. It must also be free of CONTAGIONS due to issues that may be nearby as took place with Britain during the 1920s. We will need all exchange in goods globally to be between two independent currencies converted through the independent Reserve Currency. Therefore, all commodities instead of trading in dollars will be traded in this new NEUTRAL Reserve Currency.

The reason this is so important is because who ever controls the one-world reserve currency can basically turn the world into slaves via debt similar to what is happening to Greece now and what will happen to the entire world soon due to the short dollar vortex underway:

https://gist.github.com/shelby3/c192cedaed52ef11ef97acb239dc5986#euro-is-a-monetary-enslavement-paradigm

I probably used the term out of context or just the wrong word. What I meant is, we have probably considered every scenario, and from now on there is nothing to do but wait and see what happens.

I appreciate that. Again none of us posting here knows for sure. We’re just analysing possibilities and trying to guesstimate probabilities.

My prediction is that 2x will cause a dip, it will finally be beaten after a while, the price will recover, and there will be no SegWit disaster scenario. I was there during MtGox, it was always clear to me that it wasn't safe and kept my coins on my full node. I think your theory is a much different one, can't compare it to an exchange leaving with your coins.

I believe the Zionists may have had their hand in Mt. Gox from behind the curtain. There were a lot of weird things that came out about Mt. Gox later, and I do not remember all the details.

The Zionists need to completely fool us in order to successfully get us to support our own enslavement.

I do understand that speaking about conspiracy theories can make a speculator’s eyes roll back in his head. But srsly, it’s impossible that Satoshi was a Japanese nerd who created Bitcoin from his garage. Everything about Bitcoin is fucking weird as shit and improbable to have been an unplanned creation.

Of course if the Zionists created Bitcoin, they’d attempt to make it appear as though it was created amateurishly, yet we see all the key features of Bitcoin have remained intact from the way they were created by Satoshi (presuming SegWit dies in flames as I posit). And specifically note the research I cited in the companion thread, about how proof-of-work MUST BE centralized as revenue comes predominantly from transaction fees as the protocol block reward diminishes. This is one of those strong points of evidence that Bitcoin was created with the full intent that it become entirely centrally controlled at the end game.

P.S. Note I distinguish Zionists from Jews. The former are the evil mofos. And I am not referring to people of the diaspora that want a homeland. I am referring the mofos who hijacked that and want to subjugate the human species.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
October 20, 2017, 01:40:35 AM
Other says bitcoin gonna fall gonna fall gonna fall it is for real aren't you guys don't happy for what the bitcoin price now? Because no matter what the price of bitcoin is untill you can use it go for it and never think about the negative side of bitcoin if its gonna fall or not bitcoin is always there.
You can understand when you always have thought about the negative side of Bitcoin, you can remind yourself do not put much money into Bitcoin and take profits when you have chance to do that. Of course, someone will think this type as a pessimist, but I think it is useful for me.

There is nothing wrong with taking profits. You will have to benefit at some point from Bitcoin's huge price appreciation. There is no point in taking all your bitcoins to the grave.
Activity: 103
October 19, 2017, 02:11:45 PM
Other says bitcoin gonna fall gonna fall gonna fall it is for real aren't you guys don't happy for what the bitcoin price now? Because no matter what the price of bitcoin is untill you can use it go for it and never think about the negative side of bitcoin if its gonna fall or not bitcoin is always there.
You can understand when you always have thought about the negative side of Bitcoin, you can remind yourself do not put much money into Bitcoin and take profits when you have chance to do that. Of course, someone will think this type as a pessimist, but I think it is useful for me.
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
October 19, 2017, 01:04:15 PM
Agreed. I can't really see miners screwing themselves over either. There's too much money invested into mining hardware for them to just let Bitcoin die. They will do what it takes to keep their profits rolling in.

if at some point the potential payoff of attacking segwit outweighs the potential downsides, there would be people seriously considering it. would someone try? dunno. but segwit seems to add unnecessary risk to btc long term value.

October 19, 2017, 12:20:31 PM
I probably used the term out of context or just the wrong word. What I meant is, we have probably considered every scenario, and from now on there is nothing to do but wait and see what happens.

My prediction is that 2x will cause a dip, it will finally be beaten after a while, the price will recover, and there will be no SegWit disaster scenario. I was there during MtGox, it was always clear to me that it wasn't safe and kept my coins on my full node. I think your theory is a much different one, can't compare it to an exchange leaving with your coins.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002
October 19, 2017, 10:05:28 AM
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
October 19, 2017, 09:21:52 AM

legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
October 19, 2017, 08:57:16 AM
I strongly believe in a Hyper.mesh segwit cryptowinter. Even if the risk and probability was weaker than 20%, it is the kind of scenario that can destroy your wealth (or make you richer) and every sensible investor should have this doom scenario in mind and protect his wealth. I can't see legitimate answers preventing a 51% cartel. The incentive is obvious.

To go further in this doom scenario, I am very surprised and even scared that we can't still find basic information and means to distinguish BTC with segwit history or not.

We may suppose Miners and exchanges partnering are privately using a tool to show if a random BTC has a segwit history. When possible, they may keep the virgin "satoshi's BTC" with no segwit history and release mainly BTC with segwit to the market.
It could lead already to a high number of BTC in the market leaving already no chance for us to receive satoshi's BTCs by chance. The incentive to rollback to satosh'is BTC is even huger if 95% are already in miner's hands.

The incentive for them is also to have the best price for Satoshi's BTC, and If I were in Miners camp, I wouldn't wait too late to rollback in order not to hurt too much the Satoshi's BTC price. It needs to stay connected to the current bubble and not to upset the whole community. They can still market the necessary rollback as a structural segwit flaw they have just discovered and not a during planned and orchestrated evil attack ... They can sell like it is the community interest to roll back now, even without doing the whole attack ! And as sheeps we will follow...
Moreover, with a "segwit distinguer tool" they wouldn't really marginally earn that much by waiting.

i also believe there is a chance of the hyperme.sh segwit cryptowinter scenario. cant give odds though as i do not have the technical expertise.  i have (very) old pre segwit coins in paper wallets. however i swept other old paper wallets to get bcc/bch and then traded for btc. i also sent some old btc directly to a new trezor segwit account. so some accounts in the new trezor have a mix of btc from an exchange, others are just a straight transfer from a legacy (ie pre segwit) accounts to a segwit account. sure be nice to have a tool that analyzed those accounts and sort them out. be nice to have "guaranteed clean" btc in some trezor accounts and segwit btc in others.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014
October 19, 2017, 05:40:59 AM
It’s not clear to me if we go directly to the $trillions mcap or have another crypto winter interim.

Agreed.

Of course we won't go to a $trillion marketcap without any short or mid term bear phases.
Markets always move in cycles. Up and down. New highs and corrections afterwards before going for other new highs. This happens on any timeframe.
And as a $trillion mcap is still some years away, we will inevitably see some bear cycles.
As long as you aiming for a goal in a few years, you will see this a very healthy, a chance for you to buy more and for others to join this space if they aren't in already. So everything is fine!
Pages:
Jump to: