Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptocoins-Dice.com | BTC XRP XMR XMG DOGE | Play Invest Leverage Faucet - page 7. (Read 13231 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Cryptocoins-dice.com
Thanks, I'll try to see if I can find anything about that issue.

By the way,

just saying that some new coins will join on CCD soon,

at the moment I can only confirm about Ripple. I should add 2 others for a total of 3.
Activity: 329
Merit: 251
[edit]: tried to enable 2FA but it did not work too: it says wrong code. Can't be my fault.

I couldn't enable 2FA using safari (mac) and kept getting wrong code but it worked fine with Chrome on the mac
I'm nervous about leaving funds on any website, but with 2FA enabled not so nervous.....

Its all a gamble lol

Your 2fa time-code is generated server side, your browser shouldn't make a difference.
I'm unable to reproduce your issue, I don't have any mac and the 2fa working fine for me on all browsers.
What app are you using to get your 2fa code ? Authy, google app ?

I'm using google authenticator, don't worry its all working now but thanks for replying.
I can use the site fine with safari, i just needed chrome to enable 2FA, all enabled now and back using safari full time

Great website - thanks
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Bobbax, we passed dogedice.me in max profit.

comparison matrix

Code:
CCD           XMR     715 EUR    2015-01-31 (leveraged/dynamic/volatile)
Dogedice.me  DOGE     542 EUR    2015-01-31  (thanks Bobbax)
Cryptocoins-dice.com
[edit]: tried to enable 2FA but it did not work too: it says wrong code. Can't be my fault.

I couldn't enable 2FA using safari (mac) and kept getting wrong code but it worked fine with Chrome on the mac
I'm nervous about leaving funds on any website, but with 2FA enabled not so nervous.....

Its all a gamble lol

Your 2fa time-code is generated server side, your browser shouldn't make a difference.
I'm unable to reproduce your issue, I don't have any mac and the 2fa working fine for me on all browsers.
What app are you using to get your 2fa code ? Authy, google app ?
Activity: 329
Merit: 251

Its all a gamble lol
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
It's Friday Night, come and gamble your XMR!

Max profit is up to 2262 XMR or approx ~$678!

Cryptocoins-dice.com
Every weeks I'll transfer the whole funds from address1 to address2.
Before doing transfer you're shown a payment ID which will be bind to it.
Then I make public the Tx Hash, containing the transfered volume and my payment ID

Once you publish the payment id someone else could do a transaction claiming to be you for example showing less reserves than you are supposed to have, which could lead to confusion.

Better to post a hash of a new payment id, then the txid using that payment id.

If the transaction isn't in this file: https://www.cryptocoins-dice.com/files/xmr_por.txt,
it mean that wasn't me.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Every weeks I'll transfer the whole funds from address1 to address2.
Before doing transfer you're shown a payment ID which will be bind to it.
Then I make public the Tx Hash, containing the transfered volume and my payment ID

Once you publish the payment id someone else could do a transaction claiming to be you for example showing less reserves than you are supposed to have, which could lead to confusion.

Better to post a hash of a new payment id, then the txid using that payment id.

Monero Core Team
voidspasm, saddam and me had some questions on IRC about leveraging. Bobbax was kind enough to answer on #cryptocoins-dice.

Every time, the first line of the answer is mine and below it is Bobbax.

Question:
If you have 100 coins invested, and you leverage 10:1, are you risking the same as a guy who has 1000 coins invested and is leveraged 1:1?

Answer:
Yes, but only until the second bet.

We have 2 investors
  • investor A with 10,000 COIN on a leverage 1:1.
  • investor B with 1,000 COIN on leverage 10:1.
So our initial bankroll is 11,000 COIN, and the Bankrage (bankroll with leverage) is 20,000 COIN
A player win 100. As A & B are each owning 50% of the bankroll, they both lost 50 COIN.
  • investor A have now 9950 COIN left, not leveraged still
  • investor B have 950 COIN left, but with the leverage he is investing for only 9500 now
After that bet, A is now owning 51.1568% of the bankroll, and B 48.8431%. The difference between someone who is leveraging and someone who's not can be seen over the time. So no the risks aren't the same. The Investor's B investment is a lot more volatile.

Question:
Since investing has a positive expectation and assuming you don't plan to withdraw the money in a hurry and assuming the admin won't run with the money, why would a rational actor not go for maximum leverage?

Answer:
If you lose, you will have much less to compensate for the next bet. One can say "yeah, but next win, I'll earn it back as high", except that not everyone will leverage at 100 - so you will end up falling down in your percentage of the bankroll and thus make it harder to grow back.

It's simple, if someone go 100:1, then a player bet twice on the max. profit and win twice, he'll lost very hard.
Bankroll is 90,000
You invest 100 on a leverage 100:1, so now the bankroll is 100K, you own 10% of it. The max profit is now 500.
A player bet on 500 and win: 500*10% = 50, you lost half of your investment within 1 bet

As Bobbax said "This is only simple maths but that become clear only once you see them."

Remember this, people: simple maths can make you rich or broke. For something that has no physical existence (you do not encourer digits in nature), this is quite a potent thing.

Update: terminology

- Bank roll: the amount of a given coin in the bank. The real coins. At CCD, they are located on three different wallets: a hot wallet, a cold wallet and later a deep wallet. Only the hot wallet can be stolen by an attacker
- Bankrage: bankroll time leverage
- kelly: short for Kelly criterion
- max profit: the maximum amount of COIN one can't win in one bet (you perfectly place a bet of more than the max profit, you are aiming for less than x2, like 10000 coins at 90%). Max profit = bankrage * 0.5%
- average leverage: bankrage / bankroll
Monero Core Team
With leverage the Monero bankroll is above 100k.

Next milestone: 1 million Monero Bankroll.

Let's do it!

And saddam is going for aggressive in his sig Smiley Just weeks after you bought a custom sig Smiley

Aggressive
Code:
[size=14pt][font=monospace][b][glow=black,2,300][url=https://www.cryptocoins-dice.com][color=yellow]‡ Cryptocoins-Dice.com ‡ Monero Dogecoin Magi ‡ Play Invest Leverage ‡[/color][/url][/glow][/b][/font][/size]
legendary
With leverage the Monero bankroll is above 100k.

Next milestone: 1 million Monero Bankroll.

Let's do it!
Cryptocoins-dice.com
Hi,

big update for today !

First let's have a look on the game stats.

Monero is still running far away from the other coins, with +110k wagered (+$30k), 3 Million bets, and an initial bankroll of +55k.

Meanwhile Dogecoin is slowly growing, and XMG still asleep.

Site upgrade

You can find the full public changelogs here: https://www.cryptocoins-dice.com/files/changelog_public_1_1_0.txt

Added leverage, up to 100:1, and some more tools for the investors.

This upgrade is including fancy options like pausing the bets scrolling. If the bets are scrolling too fast, just click 'PAUSE', then you can go forward slowly.

Help us to find new players !

You can help us to find new players by promoting the site on forums, by showing it to your friends, etc...
Here some signatures you can use:

Aggressive
Code:
[size=14pt][font=monospace][b][glow=black,2,300][url=https://www.cryptocoins-dice.com][color=yellow]‡ Cryptocoins-Dice.com ‡ Monero Dogecoin Magi ‡ Play Invest Leverage ‡[/color][/url][/glow][/b][/font][/size]

‡ Cryptocoins-Dice.com ‡ Monero Dogecoin Magi ‡ Play Invest Leverage ‡

Soft
Code:
[size=14pt][font=monospace][b][glow=#7d7154,2,300][url=https://www.cryptocoins-dice.com][color=beige]‡ Cryptocoins-Dice.com ‡ Monero Dogecoin Magi ‡ Play Invest Leverage ‡[/color][/url][/glow][/b][/font][/size]

Small
Code:
[font=monospace][b][glow=#7d7154,2,300][url=https://www.cryptocoins-dice.com][color=beige]‡ Cryptocoins-Dice.com ‡ Monero Dogecoin Magi ‡ Play Invest Leverage ‡[/color][/url][/glow][/b][/font]

Standard
Code:
[b][url=https://www.cryptocoins-dice.com]‡ Cryptocoins-Dice.com ‡ Monero Dogecoin Magi ‡ Play Invest Leverage ‡[/url][/b]

Compressed
Code:
[size=8pt][b][url=https://www.cryptocoins-dice.com]‡ Cryptocoins-Dice.com ‡ Monero Dogecoin Magi ‡ Play Invest Leverage ‡[/url][/b][/size]

legendary
Leverage is up and running!

New signature is available too. Nice one Bobbax
Monero Core Team
50K bank roll broken. This is an important milestone, psychologically speaking. The max profit is now 78 USD per bet.
Cryptocoins-dice.com
While I like a leverage system I'm a little skeptical of as much as 100. I think it will drive down gambling, as it is essentially fills the same function.
Instant high risk/reward but with a +EV instead of the -EV.

You're probably right on that point but I believe this is sideway for many reasons,

peoples going for a leverage 100:1 are pretty much more gambling on the short term than investing, which mean they could go bet after a lost on the investment, or go bet after a big win on the investment to get even more.

This feature will be still experimental, I'll monitor a lot how players/investors react, and on need, I'll adjust the leverage down.

Outside the maths, the psychology is also a big factor.

I tried at some point this week to invest in your site and for quite some time I was constantly losing.
Exactly as you expected, I did some gambling.
Not actually normal, but I gained back my loses and also made some profit Smiley
The conclusion is that you should check a little your betting scripts first, I am usually not that lucky.
And, yeah, the other options are OK. If somebody wants to handle investment like a gambling... it's his own business. You can't be blamed for giving the tools.

Hi NeuroticFish,
you were lucky on your bets,
gambling scripts are working perfectly, you can verify your bets through the provably fair system. You'll see that's totally random and the numbers didn't lied.

You can't be blamed for giving the tools.
Still Jungian is marking a good point and I'm considering a lot what he said.
I'll monitor the leverage system and adapt it on need.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
While I like a leverage system I'm a little skeptical of as much as 100. I think it will drive down gambling, as it is essentially fills the same function.

You're probably right on that point but I believe this is sideway for many reasons,

peoples going for a leverage 100:1 are pretty much more gambling on the short term than investing, which mean they could go bet after a lost on the investment, or go bet after a big win on the investment to get even more.

This feature will be still experimental, I'll monitor a lot how players/investors react, and on need, I'll adjust the leverage down.

I tried at some point this week to invest in your site and for quite some time I was constantly losing.
Exactly as you expected, I did some gambling.
Not actually normal, but I gained back my loses and also made some profit Smiley
The conclusion is that you should check a little your betting scripts first, I am usually not that lucky.
And, yeah, the other options are OK. If somebody wants to handle investment like a gambling... it's his own business. You can't be blamed for giving the tools.
Cryptocoins-dice.com

legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010
Activity: 644
Merit: 502
luigi1111, 100:1 is pretty much kamikaze mode !

Agreed.
But, according to Michael Lewis's nonfiction novel The Big Short, prior to the Great Recession and Bailouts some of the big Wall Street banks were leveraged 30 to 40:1, with much of the speculation invested in subprime mortgage bonds/derivatives.

Pages:
Jump to: