Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptocurrency Market Manipulation Logic? - page 6. (Read 818 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1344
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
Any expert can explain the reason behind those huge pump and dumped of BTC?
I'm not an expert but for me, I can say that that's how cryptocurrency very volatile. Especially we are still early now, the market cap of Bitcoin now is still very low compare to other assets, like Gold.
What I can see is volatility at all. As Bitcoin is the most volatile asset in the world, so these huge dumps and pumps are really expected. It's just like what they say "What going up must go down, what going down, must go up".

Manipulation could be possible these days, if you already read this article, about Bitcoin Cartel around 2018 -> 4th Dimension: Bitcoin-Manipulation-Cartel — Price-Suppression is the Goal, this may help you.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033
Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins
The financial markets are hardly "explainable". In order to properly describe each market move you would need to know the plans and strategies of most of the market participants which is impossible unless you have a crystal ball or you're a extremely experienced mind reader who can handle the thoughts of millions of people at once.

Some investor might have felt anxious or fearful and dumped all his bags who knows, or Elon Musk might be playing games with Tesla's or his own portfolio and doesn't care about market impact. My point is that you can't know the intentions of people who are selling or buying at any point in time, thus you can't explain dumps or pumps.

IMO the healthy way to think about it is "there were more buyers than sellers" or "there were more sellers than buyers".
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 4270
The main goal of market makers is that more people traded on the margin market.
If there are more shorts in the market, then the price of the coin is increased while the shorts' owners lose money.
Market makers do a similar manipulation against people who trade long on the margin market.
HOLD!
Activity: 1316
Merit: 727
Market manipulation is repeated with emotion, psychology and the crowd repeat what they do many times. 90% of people in the crowd don't change and they are target of influencers and manipulators.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 761
Burpaaa
Greeting BT Users,

As I am involved in the crypto world for the past 3-5 years and closely watching BTC when its price was around $400 - $700. When the BTC first pumped in 2017/2018 than it creates chaos in the whole world and more and more users are attracted because of the profit they see, but when the price suddenly down and BTC dumped to $5000 from $20k then a lot of new as well as experience users lost their money and also trust from Cryptocurrency.

Recently BTC again pumped and the price reached $60k and was predicted to touch the target of $100k but again the BTC price dumped around $35k - $38k. From all this pump and dumped I did not yet UNDERSTAND that why and how this happens and the difference is huge. BTC is considered the king of the crypto world and it causes the price Pump and Dumped of all the coins. Also Crypto market is untrustable as any person having a status/huge bank balance can easily manipulate the market as Elon Musk did.

To make it simple, Some big players already taking profit on this volatile market. Notice that the price pump too fast during bull run which means a lot of money entering including smart and dumb money, Obviously smart money taking profit on the peak then chain reaction follows for those big players that didn't take profit at top. This is just a cycle on crypto so need to worry. You can use tradingview to measure the volume of pump versus the dump since the bull run start, You will notice there that the amount almost close which support my hypothesis.
Activity: 259
Merit: 1
Greeting BT Users,

As I am involved in the crypto world for the past 3-5 years and closely watching BTC when its price was around $400 - $700. When the BTC first pumped in 2017/2018 than it creates chaos in the whole world and more and more users are attracted because of the profit they see, but when the price suddenly down and BTC dumped to $5000 from $20k then a lot of new as well as experience users lost their money and also trust from Cryptocurrency.

Recently BTC again pumped and the price reached $60k and was predicted to touch the target of $100k but again the BTC price dumped around $35k - $38k. From all this pump and dumped I did not yet UNDERSTAND that why and how this happens and the difference is huge. BTC is considered the king of the crypto world and it causes the price Pump and Dumped of all the coins. Also Crypto market is untrustable as any person having a status/huge bank balance can easily manipulate the market as Elon Musk did.

Pages:
Jump to: