Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptocurrency to be Taught in Schools? - page 7. (Read 3634 times)

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1005
November 12, 2018, 05:16:27 AM
Hi guys!
I'm pretty sure that many of you have been experiencing difficulty on making other people aware of cryptocurrency and how it works, right? I myself find it hard to explain it even to my own family. Once you mention it to them, the first thing that comes to their mind is that it's a scam. Can't blame them though because the news about crypto scams are always hyped in social media and believe me, even my 70 year old mom has Facebook!

Anyway, I realized that this is the case because there has never really been any formal education about it at all. We knew about it only thru word of the mouth right and we only got to learn it slowly thru experience. This said, I'm thinking, what if it's taught in schools? Perhaps just start with those taking Accountancy or Banking and Finance courses to begin with, then eventually incorporate it to Mathematics subject or whatever in High School? After all, they were able to do that with banking, right? Why not with cryptocurrency? What do you think?
i think that the younger people will learn more about crypto then we do , they learn from eachother and i am sure that the school will also learn them already about crypto
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
November 12, 2018, 04:50:49 AM
Usually education is backward, and this kind of education may only be realized in universities or famous universities. It is hoped that the popularization of cryptocurrency knowledge will take decades. In 2028, perhaps cryptocurrency will become a compulsory course.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 257
November 12, 2018, 04:35:04 AM
Crypto currency does not need to be studied during school. What is the point? like us whether formally studied FIAT. the introduction of crypto currency during school was necessary but in my opinion it would not be useful.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
November 12, 2018, 04:28:27 AM
Hi guys!
I'm pretty sure that many of you have been experiencing difficulty on making other people aware of cryptocurrency and how it works, right? I myself find it hard to explain it even to my own family. Once you mention it to them, the first thing that comes to their mind is that it's a scam. Can't blame them though because the news about crypto scams are always hyped in social media and believe me, even my 70 year old mom has Facebook!

Anyway, I realized that this is the case because there has never really been any formal education about it at all. We knew about it only thru word of the mouth right and we only got to learn it slowly thru experience. This said, I'm thinking, what if it's taught in schools? Perhaps just start with those taking Accountancy or Banking and Finance courses to begin with, then eventually incorporate it to Mathematics subject or whatever in High School? After all, they were able to do that with banking, right? Why not with cryptocurrency? What do you think?
I don't think there will be any reason that cryptos need to be taught in schools, they are just a currency like any other and it can just be learned about during the day to day activities of life, maybe they will be taught to finance majors because of the fact that they are used as investment to make money in the long run but in high schools, very unlikely
copper member
Activity: 122
Merit: 0
November 10, 2018, 07:57:17 PM
someday it will become evident that the need for cryptocurrency technology can be accepted and taught by everyone to enter the school room, cryptocurrency is the technology that is needed by everyone now due to transaction speed and convenience, but the level of security of wallet and exchange needs to be improved.
Activity: 256
Merit: 100
November 10, 2018, 07:46:15 PM
I think in future schools will talk about cryptocurrency. but in schools that will be allowed to take risks or make it possible to dive in the market. When it will be used actively throughout the world Wink Wink
Activity: 432
November 10, 2018, 07:25:26 PM
This will be possible when cryptocurrency will be used in most parts of the world in everyday life, but we still have to try to get through to this stage, as now the development of this area is only beginning to gain momentum.
Activity: 175
Merit: 1
November 10, 2018, 07:23:39 PM
that's very good bro. because I am very supportive too. if there is a school that teaches and educates students in the world of cryiptocurrency. but my advice for high school is above ..
Activity: 490
November 10, 2018, 07:21:21 PM
I think that so far cryptocurrencies are so young and extremely unstable that they should not be taught at school. There will always be in school enthusiasts who will be interested in this topic and they will be able to learn more about it if such a desire arises, but it is not necessary to teach at school.
Activity: 560
Merit: 11
November 10, 2018, 07:16:49 PM
It will be very good because people need to learn something while they are young and in schools professionals will teach them about blockchains and they will definitely have more knowledge about that.

Yes you are right, many people lost this last year really much money, because they often haven't even basic knowledge about blockchain and cryptocurrencies and many of them were trying to trade on the exchanges although they knew very little about how to reduce the losses. That would never happen if these people got some of such useful knowledge already in the school.
Activity: 888
Merit: 500
November 10, 2018, 06:01:07 PM
If Blockchain Technology is taught at school, I think this is a very good idea. That way more people will be interested in joining Cryptocurrency. So when they have entered the Cryptocurrency, they already have knowledge. And many people won't be easily caught up in fraudulent projects.
Right, we should start with educating children so that when they are grown up they already know all the pitfalls, pros and cons of crypto trading and investment.
My children are too young for crypto they would not comprehend because they are not willing.
Also, I believe it will only be taught in school when it's fully regulated by the government, they will create a curriculum for this, but I guess
there is no need because anyone can educate with proper research online.

I think we need to be around the age of 15 or so to be able to take on the crypto market. But I find it unnecessary, because the stock market is a long-standing market and more examples to illustrate the children than the crypto.
Activity: 700
November 10, 2018, 11:55:27 AM
I think this is right thing to do because children should know about such way to earn money and they will be protected from many scam projects

I think crypto has now begun to be explained in the world of children, because I have heard that many school children are familiar with crypto. therefore, over time, surely crypto will develop even more from now on
Activity: 168
November 10, 2018, 11:48:00 AM
I think this is right thing to do because children should know about such way to earn money and they will be protected from many scam projects
Activity: 162
The World’s First Blockchain Core
November 10, 2018, 11:21:25 AM
It will be very good because people need to learn something while they are young and in schools professionals will teach them about blockchains and they will definetly have more knowledge about that. I already saw some next about that i think in malta they will start to teach about blockchain some schools. You are right. That is what we need.
Activity: 303
November 10, 2018, 11:18:05 AM
Hi guys!

It's possible if it is for the content of the course, but for secondary education level subjects it seems unlikely. because the government needs consideration and its ranks so that crypto becomes a school lesson, we know that even the banking people don't all agree with crypto investments because the physical is not visible,
Activity: 578
November 10, 2018, 10:59:43 AM
my family knows briefly about cryptocurrency. I bring them up to speed, because it's my legacy. I don't think schools will start teaching this soon. because the education system is far behind the present. I believe that it is our responsibility to teach our children to earn as we do.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 711
November 10, 2018, 06:44:15 AM
Schools should start teaching lessons Savings. Personal Budget.
It is necessary to acquaint students from an early age with methods of saving money, various forms of savings;  the structure of the student's personal budget, the importance of his planning;  to bring up the skill of rational housekeeping.
About the lessons of investing in cryptocurrency, I think it's too early to say.
Activity: 294
Merit: 14
November 10, 2018, 06:38:55 AM
Hi guys!

for me, cryptocurrencies are very serious and it seems to me that if they are introduced in schools as a mandatory discipline to study, it will be just the largest coup in history. a huge step towards a digital future
Activity: 714
Merit: 102
November 10, 2018, 05:21:30 AM
Is it true? will this have a good impact? whether there is permission for this. I think this is too fast to do, crypto currency is not so good to be taught in the school environment and included in the education curriculum
copper member
Activity: 644
Merit: 0
POINTPAY
November 10, 2018, 05:16:46 AM
yes I too believe it is a bit tough to make people understand about cryptocurrency but any new thing will have challenges but finally, it will emerge.
Pages:
Jump to: