Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptocurrency wallets: Can they be hacked?? - page 31. (Read 4079 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 252
I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?
Some moths ago there was a vulnerability found in the bitcoin lightweight wallet electrum, the vulnerability was so important that the forum administrator found it necessary to alert the forum members about it, however the most common way to lose your bitcoin is to get phished and download a wallet with malware already installed in it so always verify you are downloading the wallet from the correct address.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 273
I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?

Everything can be hacked. Take that into your mind. If you are constantly monitoring the news, not just about cryptocurrency but also about political and others, you will realize that even the most secured institutions such as central banks, military and intelligence agencies, etc are also victims of hacking incidents. This simply means that hackers are a force not to be underestimated. We just hope it is not our wallet that gets hacked.
Activity: 549
Merit: 100
BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange
Nowadays no one is safe in crypto-sphere because online wallets are vulnerable from hacking, we can only use hardware wallet to have much better security but who knows what a hacker can do in the near future because they always find a ways to break the security to be able to hack our funds.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Any wallet is vulnerable to hacks, because there are several angles of attack. A hacker might not even have to exploit the

wallet software or code. They can use the "Man in the Middle" attack strategy where they intercept the data before it is

send to the wallet or they can use a Phishing strategy where they re-direct you to their fake site or wallet software. They can

even install Malware on your computer to capture all the data that you enter to re-use it on another computer. They can steal

your seed when you create the wallet or grab your private key, when you use the wrong method to create Paper wallets for

cold storage.  Roll Eyes

I believed that it will hacked when we put it anywhere about our password if we will not put it in a safe place.To avoid that it will not happened to us we must carefull of such matters.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
Of course no system is safe there are even exploits for cold storage. I believe it was intercepting traffic from a computer to poison the pc with malware then hijack the private keys. The thing is no matter how secured a system or software is there will always be flaws and ways to hack it and steal crypto's from you.
Activity: 261
Merit: 10
Its possible , if you post or give your personal identities . So i think as long as you dont need to give some identities make your privacy to protect your account .  Becareful always and think before you post and click
Activity: 680
Merit: 103
Definitely dude it can be hack, there are so many ways to do it and the most common one is phishing style of hacking, it will be successfully done if you give your private key to the website they cloned just like what happen to myetherwallet site and thats why I'm using it anymore. To counter that your always check the url of the site your logging-in to your private key.
Activity: 784
Merit: 123
It could be possible as all the securities relies in yourself. If you handled you wallets carefully and you have never share details about your identity, there is no chances of getting hacked. In most case that someone getting hacked is due to visiting phishing sites and clicking links which lead into scam sites and also replying someone asking for private keys. You better stay away from that and double check site before signing in.
Activity: 142
Merit: 2

In this generation, everything is possible using hightech kinds of technology, if you notice their are many times that some of the government sites was hack by some famous hacker. That's why even in crypto world could also happen. I suggest do all some safety precautions in order for you to secured your account, just like activiting your 2fa authenticator, and don't ever use password that is related to your personality so they can't get any hints from you.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
As cryptocurrency came into existence, the wallets to got developed. Varied wallets with varied features were available for usage, but here each and every wallets have got hacked. It is our responsibility to keep as much secure possible, because when something has got value there will be people roaming around to get it in a easier way which is the reality.
Activity: 280
Merit: 2
If you will give your private key or password to anyone then it will have its possibility to be hacked. We must be careful not to give private information to anybody.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 579
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
The wallet itself is hackable but it takes some genius to cracked it and its that difficult but the more easier way is to hack the person holding the key thats the easier part
And if that person who is holding his keys was able to give it unintentionally to someone that has knowledge on how to use it for recovery purposes.

Like those victims of those giveaways that are joining airdrops and one requirement is giving the private key of their MEW, there's also a possibility in the future that these lazy scammers will ask for any of the mentioned wallets private keys.
Activity: 462
Anything digital is hackable. The digital world is quite not a safe place for money that is why it is important to always secure all your private keys along with passwords of your digital wallets. Always surf the net with extreme precaution as malware and spyware can infiltrate your system and hack your accounts.
Activity: 378
Merit: 25

yeah i thinks so, all digital wallets and site are susceptible to hacks, that is why more and more security features are being added to our digital wallets that we should take advantage of. plus, refrain from using your wallet when you are connected to a public domain, like on malls, train stations, bus and other public places, they are more prone to hackers and phishing details, refrain from clicking unsolicited links that directs you to a non secure sites. if it offers a 2 factor sign up, then use it and secure your pins and passwords. 
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
The wallet itself is hackable but it takes some genius to cracked it and its that difficult but the more easier way is to hack the person holding the key thats the easier part
Activity: 86
Merit: 1
there are many people who are in retas his wallet because careless in storing the wallet or in filling out the form. and we must also be more careful now because there are so many pitfalls now.
Activity: 490
Merit: 101

I do know that hacking of almost any wallet is possible on this cryptocurrency. Aside one being extra careful with one's login details, hackers do always find their way into people's wallet. I do think that with the blockchain technology, security is meant to have been beefed up especially when it comes to one's asset security.
Activity: 378
When Football meets Crypto

Cryptocurrency wallet cannot be hacked if you are using a wallet that is being trusted by everyone just like mew or myetherewallet, wallets can be hacked depending on how good the programmer or the hacker but as of today, wallets are very hard to penetrate but the exchangers has higher probability of being hacked.
Activity: 179
Merit: 10
To steal something is the best thing hacker like to do. It is really, when in some morning you wake up, turn on you PC, look for your wallet and on the srean 0.000, so be careful with your passwords and keys  Undecided
Activity: 182
Merit: 16
So they can be broken in many ways. One of the most commonly used phishing sites, or emails. To find out more about this you can search the Internet, there is a lot of information.
Pages:
Jump to: