Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptocurrency wallets: Can they be hacked?? - page 32. (Read 4079 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 263
I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?

Actually it is possible if there is a person who will find a way to do that. Familiar about the upgrading viruses and anti virus their? It is like that.

As per my knowledge I do not find the any issues with the wallets by hacking or hijacking issues. Please do not spread rumour that bitoin wallet can be hacked. It is not at all possible if you secure your wallet with the private key bro.

If you have the wallet without the private key and amount on the exchanges you will be having the possible way to loose the money. If you use the paper wallet and hardware wallet you will never loose any fund.
Activity: 353
Merit: 12
I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?

Actually it is possible if there is a person who will find a way to do that. Familiar about the upgrading viruses and anti virus their? It is like that.
Activity: 490
Merit: 258
Yes of course, but it would cost them so much time, effort, and money. That's why every hacker knows who is the best target... average Joe like us are never, so we can sleep tight with our hard wallets.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

As I know it and as I have seen, the answer is yes, online wallets sure can be hacked. There are lot of insidents that we can read that says that their wallets has been hacked, and most of those people who are complaining have an online account, so I think, having an offline crypto wallet is better amd more secured.
Those are desktop wallets and not online wallets, and yes, they can also be hacked. What makes them hack able is when you really do not care about the security of your system and most especially, windows system are more vulnerable to attacks if you do not have a strong antivirus, so if you want to thread that path, you sure want to be investing in one good antivirus program that you can trust or has a good review. Also, there are some embedded securities in the wallet that you can make use of, which you really want to if you are smart just in case !
Activity: 397
Merit: 100
I think the cryptocurrency wallet can be hacked and I am sure that there is the person that have this skills. but I think as long as you can save your cryptocurrency wallets in the safe places, you don't have to worry about this and you can use your wallet without worry. it will need time to hack the wallet because I am sure that the security to protect the wallet is encrypted and not all people can break this encrypted and it needs high skills to do that. so you don't have to afraid with your wallet and keep save in your wallet for your own protection.
When talk about hacking crypto currency wallet, no doubt these can be hacked as they are also involved in digital thing and there will be a lot of people in the world who can easily hack these wallets and would have hacked because daily we hear such news when we start surfing about these crypto currencies. If hackers can hack these wallets from you then the can also hack it from someone else.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
It can be hacked if you give your important thing like password or private key. You know scammers do all the things just to get our valuable things and they can manipulate our minds to provide all that they want.
You do not even need to give your private key to them. Every desktop wallet does have an added security and you want to make sure they are on most of the time.

All the above, you also want to make your PC safe so as to not make it vulnerable to hackers, but the fact is that as long as your PC remains vulnerable to hackers in the presence of some malwares or virus, then your desktop wallet remains vulnerable as well and this is the reason why you should either be using a MAC system and beef up your wallet security or you are using a windows PC with a very strong antivirus.
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
Yes it can be hack. So keep safe and private in terms of your private key or password.Dont share it to others, and dont save password in all your fill up forms.
Yeah everything in digital world might have a loop hole that becomes the bridge for your security, specially if you keep it unguarded to be safe in all your password, private keys, is your first line of defense, authenticator and other  software is your second line of defense and the last line of of is to keep your private keys and passwords away from on line.
Activity: 162
Merit: 0
Yes it can be hack. So keep safe and private in terms of your private key or password.Dont share it to others, and dont save password in all your fill up forms.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
I love the saying, which says that, the Weakest Link in the chain, is always a humanity, so if you would share in conversation somewhere your private key, then anybody can hack your wallet.
Activity: 631
Merit: 253
the hackers will have thousands of ways to hack our wallet even though those wallet have high securities but don't mean the wallets will 100% secure and our jobs is how to minimize the risk our wallets got hacks and stopped bad habit such as provide our private keys to suspicious sites or avoid phising sites
technology and knowledge development make all of this happen.they developt various way and technique to attack wallet security.and some of them successfully , they got their money they want.

What comes with that is responsibility; the responsibility to protect our assets. These assets are digital and guess what  digital assets can be hacked. Just like a bank can be robbed, a hacker can stroll on into your personal bank (your crypto wallet) and take what is yours. No insurance and no one to blame.

If you’re storing crypto assets in wallets there are a number of things you can do to protect yourself. Keep these five tips in mind to keep your digital assets secure.

1. Use Two Factor Authentication.
2. Don’t Use Public Wi-Fi.
3. Beware When You Download (Even On Your Phone!).
4. Use ProtonMail.
5. Keep Private Keys Offline.

Yes that will much likely to happen if the person is careless about his own security. There are quiet plenty of complaints against hacked wallets, but most of them are because of carelessness, they accidentally dropped their private keys and so on, but the most crucial and most problems i have heard and encounter was all about retrieving lost wallets and lost private keys.
Activity: 741
Merit: 500
I think that this can happen only in the case if you will share your passwords or private key, otherwise I believe in their security
Activity: 253
Merit: 100
It is hard to say that it will not be hacked because theres some news about bitcoin and other crypto hackers. But our wallet is very sec, it is difficult to guess the perfect combination of your private key. Wr must be careful to our password and things to avoid thr hackers.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
I think all that is related in crypto could be hacked, we should be more vigilant by using some level of security. maybe that way we can prevent hacking.
Activity: 432
Merit: 126
As long as there are people who wants to have their easy money, the possibilities are endless. As we continue to forward to high technology, this people will take advantage of this knowledge to crack the password and private key of the wallet. They are using phising sites that will gather your information and you valuable private keys. Prevention is better than sorry, so we must be cautious all the time.
Activity: 910
Merit: 255
anything can be hacked. any software any computer. especially if your computer is infected by a virus or a trojan, other people can connect to your cryptocurrency wallet. you can stay in safer side by using a hardware wallet such as trezor or ledger.
Activity: 66
all the technology can be tricked with a variety of ways, this is very possible a scammer to hack even though the wallet offline though,be careful and alert it is the most important in keeping secrets
Activity: 556

It can be hacked if you are not careful of securing your private keys. Also, there is a big chance that you can be a victim of phishing if you have the habbit of clicking unsecured links and sites. It is important that you always secure your private keys and you should just entrust it with your entrusted person.
Activity: 182
Merit: 4
the hackers will have thousands of ways to hack our wallet even though those wallet have high securities but don't mean the wallets will 100% secure and our jobs is how to minimize the risk our wallets got hacks and stopped bad habit such as provide our private keys to suspicious sites or avoid phising sites
technology and knowledge development make all of this happen.they developt various way and technique to attack wallet security.and some of them successfully , they got their money they want.

What comes with that is responsibility; the responsibility to protect our assets. These assets are digital and guess what  digital assets can be hacked. Just like a bank can be robbed, a hacker can stroll on into your personal bank (your crypto wallet) and take what is yours. No insurance and no one to blame.

If you’re storing crypto assets in wallets there are a number of things you can do to protect yourself. Keep these five tips in mind to keep your digital assets secure.

1. Use Two Factor Authentication.
2. Don’t Use Public Wi-Fi.
3. Beware When You Download (Even On Your Phone!).
4. Use ProtonMail.
5. Keep Private Keys Offline.
Activity: 476
Activity: 70
Yes certainly, the wallet can be hacked. Today's technology is so amazing that we all know it can bring good and bad for us. Like everyone's wallet even how much you try to take care of it is likely it will be hacked.
Pages:
Jump to: