Pages:
Author

Topic: CryptoDredge 0.8.0 — NVIDIA GPU Miner [obsolete] - page 22. (Read 25218 times)

Activity: 481
Merit: 0
Thank you for your hard work in releasing this new miner. As others have already said, it is a good start and has a lot of potential. Unfortunately, I may have found a small issue when using the --device parameter.  In version 0.2,  it is not possible to specify the first GPU using --device=0.  An error "bad lexical cast: type value could not be interpreted as target" is displayed and the executable quits.  However, this error does not occur if -d 0 is used instead.  --device=1 will also work without an error, so the only problem appears to be when 0 is used with  --device.  It is a small issue, but one I thought you would like to be aware of.
It will be fixed in the next release

Thank you for the prompt reply.  After using your miner for a while, I do have a couple of feature requests. First, I noticed that it is not currently possible to redirect the screen output of your miner.  For example, if I try to redirect the standard console output to a log file, only your logo is written to the file but not the rest of the output. Would it be possible for you to either change how the screen output is handled so that it can be redirected or could you instead add a command line parameter that would write a file containing the screen output to disk?  Also, since color codes can make it more difficult to parse such log files, would you also consider adding a "no color" parameter to display the text in monochrome? 
Activity: 157
Merit: 19
Does this support API and --benchmark command?
Thanks!
--benchmark command will be available in the next release. API coming soon.
Thank you for your hard work in releasing this new miner. As others have already said, it is a good start and has a lot of potential. Unfortunately, I may have found a small issue when using the --device parameter.  In version 0.2,  it is not possible to specify the first GPU using --device=0.  An error "bad lexical cast: type value could not be interpreted as target" is displayed and the executable quits.  However, this error does not occur if -d 0 is used instead.  --device=1 will also work without an error, so the only problem appears to be when 0 is used with  --device.  It is a small issue, but one I thought you would like to be aware of.
It will be fixed in the next release
Activity: 16
Does this support API and --benchmark command?
Thanks!
Activity: 481
Thank you for your hard work in releasing this new miner. As others have already said, it is a good start and has a lot of potential. Unfortunately, I may have found a small issue when using the --device parameter.  In version 0.2,  it is not possible to specify the first GPU using --device=0 or -d 0.  An error "bad lexical cast: type value could not be interpreted as target" is displayed and the executable quits.  However, this error does not occur if  --device=1 or -d 1 is used instead.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
im using this miner its simply the best!!!!

looking forward for lyra2z 1060!!!!!
v0.2.0 released

• New Allium algorithm
  • Add watchdog
  • Improve NeoScrypt for low-end graphics cards
  • Other minor fixes
Please, make linux build!

We completely understand how it is important to support Linux and this is a high priority task.
Support in near future in Lyra2Z for 1060/1070/1080?

Yes, we'll add support for Lyra2Z in near future. Probably this will be added in version 0.5.
Activity: 29
Please, make linux build!
Activity: 32
Support in near future in Lyra2Z for 1060/1070/1080?
Someone already tested these algorithms with a GTX 1080 Ti? Huh

Here are results for GTX 1080Ti:

Code:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          |       phi1612      |       neoscrypt     |       lyra2v2     |       skunk   
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overclock | 0/0    | +130/-400 | 0/0      | 130/500  | 0/0      | 130/0  | 0/0      | 130/-400
Hashrate  | 36MH/s | 38.6MH/s  | 1740KH/s | 1835Kh/s | 74.5MH/s | 78MH/s | 51.5MH/s | 54.5MH/s
Activity: 181
Merit: 10
i cant make it work with nicehash. nonce too small
not more than Nicehash miner which is free. Why do we need to use with 1% fee.

In the performance tests for Neoscrypt carried out by our team, CryptoDredge is faster than Nicehash on GTX 1050, GTX 1060, and GTX 1070. Starting from GTX 1080 it is indeed not faster than Nicehash.

We are working on optimization of this algo for latest graphics cards and we have reason to believe that CryptoDredge will be in first place.
Activity: 73
1080Ti, no OC, Blake2s ~6.5Ghs, Neoscrypt 1.65Ghs, I didn't measure pool results.

Slower than ccminer and hsrminer, but as someone said before, good starting point.

https://pictr.com/images/2018/05/25/17aaebdd07da3b4b02b664e85fd28bc9.jpg
Activity: 420
Merit: 105
German Translator - Hire me on Bitcointalk!
Someone already tested these algorithms with a GTX 1080 Ti? Huh
I have tested your miner on neoscrypt algorithm with NVIDIA GTX1050TI 4GB with my default OC settings. Your miner looks like more stable and a little bit faster. I didnt checked the pool side. This informations are based on the miner reports.

I hope you will release Linux version. There is no any competitor for neoscrypt on Linux.

426.4 kh/s - CryptoDredge
422.7 kh/s - hsrminer fork of Just_a_miner - High process priority version

Thank you for your feedback - it helps us to understand which features have a #1 priority and improve our product. The Linux version is under development but mostly implemented.
Although not compulsory, some kind of built-in watchdog/restarter is always a nice feature (had a driver crash last night, miner kept running with 0h/s on all cards).

We agree that watchdog is useful for stable mining. We plan to add this feature in the next release.

Activity: 2086
Merit: 608
Online Security & Investment Corporation
I have tested your miner on neoscrypt algorithm with NVIDIA GTX1050TI 4GB with my default OC settings. Your miner looks like more stable and a little bit faster. I didnt checked the pool side. This informations are based on the miner reports.

I hope you will release Linux version. There is no any competitor for neoscrypt on Linux.

426.4 kh/s - CryptoDredge
422.7 kh/s - hsrminer fork of Just_a_miner - High process priority version

Activity: 2086
Merit: 608
Online Security & Investment Corporation
Very good start.

you need to add some functions.
-show hashrate when press h button on the keyboard.
-show watt information.
-set fan speed in bat file.
-failover pools in bat file or pools file which is used by your miner.

start-mining.bat
Code:
CryptoDredge.exe -pool example-pools.txt

example-pools.txt
Code:
-a neoscrypt -o pool.unimining.net:4234 -u wallet -p c=DSR -fan %60
-a neoscrypt -o pool.unimining.net:4234 -u wallet -p c=DSR -fan %70
-a phi1612 -o yiimp.eu:8333 -u wallet -p x -fan %76
Pages:
Jump to: