Pages:
Author

Topic: CryptoDredge 0.8.0 — NVIDIA GPU Miner [obsolete] - page 15. (Read 25218 times)

Activity: 444
Merit: 31
Still a manic miner
Still having problems at Nicehash on a multi gpu rig.. one device start to hash, while the others idle.
Activity: 536
Merit: 321
waiting for linux version
Activity: 157
Merit: 19

We launched the bug tracking system, feel free to report issues

Create New Ticket
View Active Tickets
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
тeпepь бы пoд linux дoждaтьcя
Activity: 36
Good perfs in L2Z but high power consumption

With 6 x 1080Ti PL 80% GPU +100 RAM +0

CryptoDredge : 22.1 Mhs - 1340W
Ccminer Tpruvot : 20.3 Mhs - 980W

Activity: 55
Merit: 3
Would love if you could test t-rex (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/t-rex-0268-ethw-etc-dual-mining-gpu-miner-4432704) vs Crypto Dredge. I think t-rex is a little faster, but no Windows version yet so maybe it's not possible with your setup. Thanks JackIT
Activity: 93
Why you think such a heat difference?
Activity: 99
Merit: 8

Lyra2z - Head to Head test of CoolMiner 1.3 Vs CryptoDredge 0.4.1

Hash rate numbers are vanity metrics and can be gamed.  The only thing I care about is "which miner puts more coins in my wallet?" I've done dozens of Head to Head tests in the past see: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/x16r-rvn-miner-head-to-head-test-log-3385643

I've decided to test CoolMiner 1.3 Vs CryptoDredge 0.4.1 to see which one mines more coins on Lyra2z.

MINERS:
CoolMiner 1.3 intensity = 20
CryptoDredge 0.4.1 intensity = 6

The Setup:
I use a 12 GPU 1080Ti rig on Windows 10, split into three mining instances of 4 GPU's each (for this test, only two of the instances are used). All three mining instances are balanced to get as close to the same hash rate as possible.
Each mining instance is running at the same time on the same machine mining on the same pool.

Overclock settings: 100% TDP, NO overclocking
Drivers: Nvidia 398.11

Test 1 Results: Test aborted Sad

about 4 hours into the test, the rig crashed. I'm confident that it was due to CryptoDredge, the rig had close to two weeks of uptime running Coolminer.
When I went to restart CryptoDredge, I got the following error: > Error: bad lexical cast: source type value could not be interpreted as target

Given the increased temps, increased power draw, and stability issues; I cannot recommend CryptoDredge, even if it does provide a few percentage point gain over Coolminer.
I'll wait until CryptoDredge has the bugs worked out to give it another try

Notes on CryptoDredge:
  • GPU's run about 6-8 degrees Celcius hotter than with coolminer
  • The GPU count starts at 0, whereas ccminer variants start the count at 1. this obviously makes a difference when using the -d flag
  • Intensity ranges from 0 to 6, 1080Ti defaults to a 6
  • I initially had issues with stability. The miner would crash the rig after a minute or two of running. I had 397 drivers on the rig, which I knew caused issues for some miners. So I DDU'd the rig, installed 398 drivers, and didn't overclock... that seemed to clear up the problem.
  • No API support Sad

Did a small test. My 6 1080tis run around 21.5 mh on coolminer. I was sitting at 22.5 with cryptodredge with the same settings. Only thing, is that my Temps were around 8 degrees Celsius hotter with cryptodredge. Settings are 80% +75 core - 502 on mem with 21 intensity. Hope it helps
Anyone compared to coolminer for lyra2z yet?
Activity: 7
quick review for 0.4.1

1st rig
RIG- GTX 1080 MSI Gaming X 6pc (the best performer in my collection)
Driver 391.xx
TDP 70% coreclock 130 memory 0

Algo Lyra 2z
Pool : nicehash

Miner                ccminer 2.2.5     Excavator(bundled in NH 2.0.2.4) Cryptodredge 0.4.1
hash (perGPU)            2.3MH               2.46MH                                  2.8MH
Power consumption (watt-o-meter)   690w             710w                980W   
Temp                  65c                     70c                70C   

2nd rig
GTX1080ti x 8 (Zotac amp) - only can afford this LOL
Driver 391.xx
TDP 70% coreclock 100 memory 0

Algo Lyra 2z

Miner                ccminer 2.2.5     Excavator(bundled in NH 2.0.2.4) Cryptodredge 0.4.1
hash (perGPU)            2.9MH        3.1MH                          3.65MH
Power consumption (watt-o-meter)   not measure yet     not measure yet        not measure yet   
Temp                    65c               70c                             70C   

other issues:
 It seems when initial starting of miner, will get lot of rejection rate and slower hashrate, However after 3-4minutes hashrate increased and hasrate become as above

RIG- GTX 1080 MSI Gaming X 6pc
Driver 391.xx
TDP 70% coreclock 130 memory 0

Algo Lyra2rev2

Miner                Cryptodredge 0.4.    Cryptodredge 0.4.1
hash (perGPU)                55MH                 56.6MH
Power consumption (watt-o-meter)   980w           980w

my verdict:
good performer. However power consumption and temp increase for lyra2z. Not power efficient anymore with this miner
Will use it. Keep the good job
Activity: 153
Merit: 11

v0.4.1 released

• Improve Lyra2REv2
  • Add check for new versions
  • Remove limitation for Lyra2Z
  • Other minor fixes

Download/Mirror

Thanks, works fine on gtx1070 now.
Activity: 238
Merit: 3
please add api access to the miner. I will not use miners that do not have it.
I second this.
Activity: 33
Merit: 2
please add api access to the miner. I will not use miners that do not have it.
Activity: 157
Merit: 19

v0.4.1 released

• Improve Lyra2REv2
  • Add check for new versions
  • Remove limitation for Lyra2Z
  • Other minor fixes

Download/Mirror
Activity: 22
Hi devs, any plans to add -r command to close miner when connectcion lost? This is important on miningpoolhub on multi algo
Activity: 455
Merit: 250
is there some option to autoclose the miner if it fails to connect?
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
XDNA - Most innovative cryptocurrency in 2018
have plan to make lyra2z support for 1080ti?
Activity: 140
You just need to work and not connect various adaptations. You give more for electricity denyuzhek than you earn on the video card. Is it really necessary, is it worth it?
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
So after some testing the first thing that pops up to me is one rig is mining, sending shares.  But the rig is offline on my pool and no shares are accepted, and none have been for some time now.

Got some explaining to do.
Pages:
Jump to: