Pages:
Author

Topic: cryptoGlance [v2.1] :: Open-source, self-hosted, multi-rig monitoring tool! - page 28. (Read 130259 times)

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
I'm trying to setup this program on my VPS, but there is only one port open on these miners. If I forward that port to one of miners I'll only see just that one miner and not the rest. An example would be

http://my_ip:4028

I'll setup port forwarding in my router but how would I configure the other miners as well? Because the main page comes up real nice on my VPS.

Thanks,

Michael

Port forwarding on the router means that you can choose any port on the outside interface of the router and forward it to an address and port on a machine on the internal interface of the router.

So say your external interface on the router is 196.345.67.1

You can have port 1001 on the external interface point to port 4028 on the miner ip 192.168.1.101
i.e. 196.345.67.1:1001 ---> 192.168.1.101:4028

But you can also forward ports 1002, 1003, 1004, 1005 etc to other machines even if they are using the same port
i.e. 196.345.67.1:1001 ---> 192.168.1.101:4028
196.345.67.1:1002 ---> 192.168.1.102:4028
196.345.67.1:1003 ---> 192.168.1.103:4028
196.345.67.1:1004 ---> 192.168.1.104:4028
etc

Note how the external IP doesn't change, but the port does, and the internal IP does change but the port doesn't

Now having explained all this I don't actually think its a real good idea to open up these ports on your router directly to the miner unless you can protect them somehow, at the least by limiting access by IP address.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
I'm trying to setup this program on my VPS, but there is only one port open on these miners. If I forward that port to one of miners I'll only see just that one miner and not the rest. An example would be

http://my_ip:4028

I'll setup port forwarding in my router but how would I configure the other miners as well? Because the main page comes up real nice on my VPS.

Thanks,

Michael
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
Cool. I'll have to check it out when it's done.
Activity: 298
Merit: 250

You can make the window smaller in the browser if you zoom out using the browser feature. (tested using Chrome)

But maybe what is needed is just a more concise view with less info.

Problem with that is, that it resizes all the browser Windows after you set it up unless you set it back. Pretty inconvenient. Also requires you to run the program/app and the browser window if on the same pc.

If you guys need help with testing let me know. I can help.
Hmm... Both of you have given me a good idea.

CryptoGlance only really cares about mostly recent browsers... With that said, we can implement a zoom function Smiley I will have it ready in the next release (Nightly)!
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....

You can make the window smaller in the browser if you zoom out using the browser feature. (tested using Chrome)

Problem with that is, that it resizes all the browser Windows after you set it up unless you set it back. Pretty inconvenient. Also requires you to run the program/app and the browser window if on the same pc.

If you guys need help with testing let me know. I can help.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
Thanks for the images.

We do have a restriction on the width in which the grid mode will display, this is probably what you're referring to.

We'll take a look at how we can address this issue Smiley

We need triggers/reboots and something a little smarter. Can you do that?
Yes. We want to implement a daemon to watch the rigs so the app doesnt have to be open 24/7. I can implement something for now though.
legendary
Personal text my ass....
We need triggers/reboots and something a little smarter. Can you do that?
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....
Thanks for the images.

We do have a restriction on the width in which the grid mode will display, this is probably what you're referring to.

Sounds good. Would be convenient to have open in a small window Like I showed in the mock-up just to glance at, without having to open it and take up the whole screen.
Like when watching stocks or tickers.  Smiley
Thanks for the images.

legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....
I am surprised nobody has brought this up to your attention.

Here is a screenshot of the windows program/app. This is the smallest I can size it to so I can properly view the layout, otherwise it has to scroll.

The second pic is how it should be if properly resized. I'm using win 8.1 . (I just mocked up a quick photoshop example)

Thanks

With the windows APP/Program, the text and windows just looks huge.
To be able to see any useful data it has to take up  more than 1/2 my display's real estate, which is 3x 24" Displays in a vertical setup. I wish the whole display could be resized where it would shrink the fonts and windows directly, so it could be put in a corner but with enough data for me to be viable.

The Web based one I can resize a bit more, but still take up 1/2 of my desktop real estate if I use the horizontal square site layout.

Looks like a good product, but have to be able to have these functionalities for people to be able to resize to a managable size and be abel to keep it running on a corner, instead of having it take up most of your display.
Fair enough. Most of the time you don't need your eye on it that often, in the future alerts will trigger your browser tab to have focus or flash in the windows task bar.

We also have a macro version in the works, no expected date of availability. Maybe this will more fit your liking?
This is a preview:
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....
Ok got it. I had to also restart MinerGate and then they came up. Will this setting stay for good, or is it only temporary?
The setting should keep unless you factory restore it.

*ADD* Any way to make it so we can resize the windows? It looks just HUGE on my triple monitor setup, even though I'm running 3240x1920 res.
If you're using the windows app, the minimum size is 800x600px. You can resize it as you would manually with any windows.

An alternative solution is to use your web browser. Follow the instructions in the read-me (In cryptoglance via Help dropdown OR view it on github: https://github.com/cryptoGlance/cryptoGlance-web-app)
Look for Windows App Users and jump to step #4.

With the windows APP/Program, the text and windows just looks huge.
To be able to see any useful data it has to take up  more than 1/2 my display's real estate, which is 3x 24" Displays in a vertical setup. I wish the whole display could be resized where it would shrink the fonts and windows directly, so it could be put in a corner but with enough data for me to be viable.

The Web based one I can resize a bit more, but still take up 1/2 of my desktop real estate if I use the horizontal square site layout.

Looks like a good product, but have to be able to have these functionalities for people to be able to resize to a managable size and be abel to keep it running on a corner, instead of having it take up most of your display.
Ok got it. I had to also restart MinerGate and then they came up. Will this setting stay for good, or is it only temporary?
The setting should keep unless you factory restore it.

*ADD* Any way to make it so we can resize the windows? It looks just HUGE on my triple monitor setup, even though I'm running 3240x1920 res.
If you're using the windows app, the minimum size is 800x600px. You can resize it as you would manually with any windows.

An alternative solution is to use your web browser. Follow the instructions in the read-me (In cryptoglance via Help dropdown OR view it on github: https://github.com/cryptoGlance/cryptoGlance-web-app)
Look for Windows App Users and jump to step #4.
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....

Thanks

legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....
Just installed it to try. Looks good, but I can only setup one miner at a time.

When I add the others, they are shown as offline , although I can access them directly and are hashing away.

I'm using this with Spondoolies SP20's.

Thanks
Make sure your miners API is configured to allow access. The Spondoolies web interface should say where the config is located (/etc/cgminer.template).

Set "api-allow" value as follows:
"api-allow":"W:127.0.0.1,W:###.###.###.###"
(Where ###.###.###.### is the IP address of the machine CryptoGlance is running on.)

Restart the miner when changes have been made.

Ohh. So I have to SSH into the miner and change the cgminer.conf.template file?

When I add the others, they are shown as offline , although I can access them directly and are hashing away.

Thanks
Make sure your miners API is configured to allow access. The Spondoolies web interface should say where the config is located (/etc/cgminer.template).

Set "api-allow" value as follows:
"api-allow":"W:127.0.0.1,W:###.###.###.###"
(Where ###.###.###.### is the IP address of the machine CryptoGlance is running on.)

Restart the miner when changes have been made.
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....

Thanks
I got one rig to show up through my VPS to my home system. But now I can't forward port 4028 twice. I'm about to run a port scanner on my S5 to see if anymore ports are open on it that maybe I can use.

Ideally you would have cryptoglance behind the same firewall as the miners. It's safer to only port-forward to cryptoglance and let your miners report only to the machine with cryptoglance.
legendary
Personal text my ass....
I'm having trouble accessing my rigs remotely. I got Crypto working on my VPS real easy. Using the latest PHP and extenstions. Loads and logs me in just fine. I assume I would need to forward port 4028 to the static IP of my miner, but both my miners are using port 4028. My router supports port triggering and port forwarding, so I've tried both ways and when I enter my "home" IP address in with port :4028 nothing comes up. I'm already accessing my media server remotely, Plex, a few IP camera's, all using port forwarding so it is nothing new to me, but can't get Crypto to connect to my rigs at home via my VPS. Any tips?

Thanks!

I got one rig to show up through my VPS to my home system. But now I can't forward port 4028 twice. I'm about to run a port scanner on my S5 to see if anymore ports are open on it that maybe I can use.
Pages:
Jump to: