Pages:
Author

Topic: [CryptoNight] CPU mining guide & coins that will get you a return - page 4. (Read 16016 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 1
Activity: 616
Merit: 279
I've heard Niobio Cash is worth doing https://niobiocash.org/en/
This one looks compatible, do you have more details for it? Like a pool you've been using? An announcement thread?

Thanks a lot for your help Smiley

I needed to set the variant to 1 to make it work with Cryptonight. Could I use Cryptonight-Lite to mine XTL and get better results? I was not able to make it work and I don't know why.
You're welcome Smiley

It doesn't work that way, it's a different algorithm. You need to use the algorithm supported by the coin.

I see Stellite has forked to increase ASIC resistance, you will need to get the latest version of XMRig that supports CryptoNight V7 (the new CN algo for the forked coins). I assume the configuration is the same.

Let me know if you have issues with it. Smiley
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
For fun, I started mining XTL on a very old computer (Phenom II X4 945 - 3.0Ghz) and I get an average of 50 H/s with xmrig, which gets me nowhere near the 700 tokens per day that you said you get at 100-150 H/s. I use the community pool and so far I mined about 50 XTL. Is there something I am missing?
Unfortunately the difficulty of Stellite (XTL) has increased since my last update. You will get 270 XTL/day with 150 h/s Sad
Updated the the OP with this info. Be sure to check here from time to time, I normally announce the updates in a post.

You should be getting about 80 XTL/day with that hash rate.

I've also updated the rest of the coins in the list, for most of them the difficulty has increased, unfortunately.
QWC has its main pool in maintenance right now so, the network hash rate has dropped significantly and you can get up to 315,000 QWC per day, now! Smiley

You can use this alternate pool to mine it: qwcpool.partyvibe.com

Thanks a lot for your help Smiley

I needed to set the variant to 1 to make it work with Cryptonight. Could I use Cryptonight-Lite to mine XTL and get better results? I was not able to make it work and I don't know why.
How are most of these coins holding up to the new CryptoNight ASICs that has been hitting the market? Unless they fork (as Monero) mining with a CPU should give negative value since the difficulty should skyrocket?
You can find a good list of the CryptoNight coins that forked here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cryptonight-cryptonote-on-gpus-and-asics-and-profitability-3129218

I would suggest mining the ones which forked but until now, I haven't see a major increase in difficulty for the coins I have listed here. Probably because they're still not worth much so, they aren't targeted by ASICs Smiley

Your work is really been appreciated and I do hope that you won't get tired updating this thread. Actually, I was thinking of creating the same post but due to my busy schedule, I just couldn't find the time. Anyways, just keep it up!
Thanks for the kind words Smiley BTC tips or merits are greatly appreciated Wink Don't be shy in clicking the +Merit link.

I will make your thread as a reference for my mining guide as most of the coins that I target were mostly Cryptonight, let me find my time to do this as I'm still full of errands to do.
Once I got into it, I will definitely come back on this thread and will share stuffs that can support your guide.
That sounds good Smiley Feel free to reference it and come back and share your findings.
Activity: 20
I've heard Niobio Cash is worth doing https://niobiocash.org/en/
For fun, I started mining XTL on a very old computer (Phenom II X4 945 - 3.0Ghz) and I get an average of 50 H/s with xmrig, which gets me nowhere near the 700 tokens per day that you said you get at 100-150 H/s. I use the community pool and so far I mined about 50 XTL. Is there something I am missing?
Unfortunately the difficulty of Stellite (XTL) has increased since my last update. You will get 270 XTL/day with 150 h/s Sad
Updated the the OP with this info. Be sure to check here from time to time, I normally announce the updates in a post.

You should be getting about 80 XTL/day with that hash rate.

I've also updated the rest of the coins in the list, for most of them the difficulty has increased, unfortunately.
QWC has its main pool in maintenance right now so, the network hash rate has dropped significantly and you can get up to 315,000 QWC per day, now! Smiley

You can use this alternate pool to mine it: qwcpool.partyvibe.com

Activity: 294
Merit: 114
I'm glad people are still finding it useful Smiley I've been updating this list for a couple of months now and have also mined the listed coins with my CPU to make sure everything is working fine.

Your work is really been appreciated and I do hope that you won't get tired updating this thread. Actually, I was thinking of creating the same post but due to my busy schedule, I just couldn't find the time. Anyways, just keep it up!

If you're new to mining, I would recommend mining with your CPU first, to better understand what's it all about, and after that make an investment and buy GPUs (if you can find them at a good price).

I'm not really new into mining, I have tried several computers and laptops before just to see how it really works. I already read a lot of stuffs even those who are pessimistic that CPU mining is dead. In fact, CPU mining is still profitable if you just mine the right coin, given that you hold it and its value surge up later.

I will make your thread as a reference for my mining guide as most of the coins that I target were mostly Cryptonight, let me find my time to do this as I'm still full of errands to do.

This year, I'm saving up to invest into mining that's why I asked if they can also be mined by GPU. My only problem is the scarcity of it, such as 1080's and Vega's, there are available ones but the price is very expensive.

Once I got into it, I will definitely come back on this thread and will share stuffs that can support your guide.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
How are most of these coins holding up to the new CryptoNight ASICs that has been hitting the market? Unless they fork (as Monero) mining with a CPU should give negative value since the difficulty should skyrocket?
Activity: 24
can you add progress updates of the coins listed.

What exactly do you mean by 'progress updates'?

Are you by any chance referring to updating the number of tokens you can get per day while the difficulty increases over time? If that's what you mean, then I'm doing it from time to time Smiley
I also do post here when I update something on the main post.
Activity: 74
can you add progress updates of the coins listed.
I have been waiting for this, a very comprehensive and detailed guide for newbie miners who just can't afford to buy those very expensive GPU's and ASICS. By the way, I've heard that Cryptonight algorithm coins can also be mine using GPU, is it true? I'm planning to set up a rig and target mining XMR then will be followed by ETN and BCN given that it should work also with GPU.

I'm glad people are still finding it useful Smiley I've been updating this list for a couple of months now and have also mined the listed coins with my CPU to make sure everything is working fine.

Yes, CryptoNight coins are mainly designed to be mined with CPU & GPU. Some ASICs were recently launched but some of the coins already forked to be ASIC resistant (to block ASICs from mined them).

If you're new to mining, I would recommend mining with your CPU first, to better understand what's it all about, and after that make an investment and buy GPUs (if you can find them at a good price).
Activity: 294
Merit: 114
I have been waiting for this, a very comprehensive and detailed guide for newbie miners who just can't afford to buy those very expensive GPU's and ASICS. By the way, I've heard that Cryptonight algorithm coins can also be mine using GPU, is it true? I'm planning to set up a rig and target mining XMR then will be followed by ETN and BCN given that it should work also with GPU.
I have added in another coin that is worthwhile for mining with your CPU: CREPCOIN (CREP). This coin will bring you about 27 CREP per day using an average CPU that has an estimated hash rate of about 150h/s Smiley

I would recommend using this pool to mine CREP: crep.miner.rocks

Happy mining Smiley
im trying to use qwertycoin.site for mining but it's not producing any coins.. anyone else having the issue?
EDIT : Don't worry it just takes a really long time to start to come in.

Be patient with mining QWERTY, it takes 60 blocks to mature. Plus, there seem to be some problems with it rn but the devs are already fixing them Smiley

Yes, they've done a hard fork for QWC yesterday and reset the pool. Don't forget to update your wallets.

Here's the post where it was confirmed: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.33600115

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I have been paid in the mean time so, everything works again Smiley
Activity: 602
Merit: 106
im trying to use qwertycoin.site for mining but it's not producing any coins.. anyone else having the issue?

Be patient with mining QWERTY, it takes 60 blocks to mature. Plus, there seem to be some problems with it rn but the devs are already fixing them Smiley
Activity: 4
Added Qwerty Coin to the main post Smiley

Qwerty Coin (QWC) - you will get ~90,000 tokens/day

The difficulty seems to be very very low so this is the perfect time to mine this coin. Wink
I've made an update to the number of tokens you will receive Smiley

Also, I've added Stellite Coin (XTL) - you will get ~700 tokens/day.

Happy mining Wink

Nice to hear that!
Official pool https://qwertycoin.site/

Will add QWERTY Coin later on Smiley
What do you think about x11?

This thread is only about CryptoNight. Smiley

what about Digibyte ? any good to mine with CPU ?

I'm not familiar with that. Do you have more info on it? Like an announcement thread?
Pages:
Jump to: