Pages:
Author

Topic: [CryptoNote] A complete forking guide to create your own CryptoNote currency - page 2. (Read 18484 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
obsession ? am i the one jamming it down everyone throats non stop 24/7 ?

i only took notice of their antics because i thought it was strange how this nobody / noob came out of nowhere
with the most popular coin topic on this whole forum.

i started noticing for a long loooong time that the "reptiele altcoin observer" topic was being pushed to the top constantly.. which is odd !
ANY time i came here it was the 3rd or 4th topic from the top at all times 24 hours a day, everyday !
And i clicked on it after ignoring it 100% for a loooooong time and what do i see ?

The guy pushing Monero saying how Monero was his FIRST altcoin.. on the 2nd sentence and then a giant wall of text about HIS forum rules etc..
And i thought well jeez that is messed up.. why does this noob nobody have a topic that has already 230 pages of replies on it ?
and who does this noob think he is coming here with his own insane set of forum rules ?

Who is this noob and WTF is going on around here ?
Then the more i look the more i see a rotation of (self-moderated) Monero advertisement topics being rotated / bumped onto page one by the same group of guys.
They have been running a circle jerk campaign of spamming around here for a loooong time.. trying to be sneaky and play dumb about it all.

We simply can't ignore these Monero Shills because they are bending over backwards jamming it down our throats non stop !
They just won't shut up.. not for a minute.

They are trying to strong arm bully this Forum with their self moderated topics..
That repilte "noob" observer guy posted this..

The rules of this thread are very strict, as always in my threads:

- There is no freedom of speech. The topic is altcoins, but I also want that it stays in a level that is possible and interesting to read for a busy Bitcoin holder that does not care about alts. I know how it feels to be a busy Bitcoin holder, so I steer the discussion to the maximum benefit for me, and for my readers.

- Which alts can be discussed, is up to me. Mentioning an alt after that specific alt has been banned from a thread results in a ban for you. If you do not obey my ban from the thread, historically you have had 100% chance to be banned from the forum as a result. Don't try your luck.

- Posts may be deleted for whatever reason. Deletion does not necessarily mean that the post was offensive. It may also have been too long quote (in which case either the original, or the reply may be pruned), repetition of yours or somebody else's point, or anything else.

- Moderating actions are written in red. Others are not allowed to use red.

THIS part below is rather interesting don't you all think ?

but I also want that it stays in a level that is possible and interesting to read for a busy Bitcoin holder that does not care about alts. I know how it feels to be a busy Bitcoin holder, so I steer the discussion to the maximum benefit for me, and for my readers.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free

Dude you should really chill out with Monero, kind of an obsession.  Smiley

Monero is an attempt to use the cryptonote tech by people that are *not* part of the cryptonote foundation (or bytecoin scammers, or whatever you call them).
Most of the monero community would agree with you that the forking guide advertised in this thread is bullshit.
It is most likely an attempt to undermine all existing cryptonote coins (mostly monero) by creating a flood of copycats, so later the cryptonote foundation (or bytecoin scammers, or whatever you call them) could come up with a new coin that they could control.

legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
This is where it is getting interesting. How many coins do you guys think is enough for CryptoNote?

You did start the repository from Bytecoin and your guide is really helpful. By the way nice site but I didn't notice "Start forking" button for quite some time.

Where is the "Start forking" button ? ..you mean on the OP's first post ?

And hey was Monero the first clone or what ?
also is there a list of all the coins that have come out ?
i seen a merge mining pool that listed a whole crap load of these cryptonote clones ..including MONERO.
but i'm wondering how many more there are etc..
once they dump out the monero on their victims they will jump to another clone so i want to be able to keep tabs on the Shill team !

oh and does the guide cover pumping and dumping and Shilling your clone coin at Bitcointalk forums ?
lemme guess step is one call everyone a Troll that won't give you their Bitcoin right ?
this is all i see..

Section 1a) Cloning and changing source code to hide your scam.
Section 1b) Changing source code in phases for plausible denial.
Section 1c) Grooming your victims.
Section 2a) Accusing critics of FUD and highlighting "community"
Section 2b) Ponzi + Multilevel marketing theory - crypto coins basic concepts
Section 2c) Shilling, hype, advertising, spamming
Section 2d) Dummy account creation + Trolling
Section 3a) The pump and dump
Section 3b) Silencing & Discrediting your complaining victims
Section 4a) Posting fake news about Markets, Shares, Anon features and other misc gimmicks or "i wuz haxed" claims
Section 4b) Harrasing victims for bitcoin until they submit with bully tactics on forums and on irc.
Section 4c) Lying defense tactics (the liar calling the critic a liar circle jerk "i know you are but what am i" game)
Section 5a) Starting it all over again and taking more coveted Bitcoin from your old victims

legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
uhhhm WHY ?

why would you pretty much create a coin and then tell people to clone it ?

wouldn't be so bag holders have a fresh new coin to pump and dump would it ?

Perhaps there are more flaws/backdoors hidden in the code base waiting to be found/exploited.

really ? seriously ? that is you retort ?
ahhh jeez i just don't even know what to say  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

yea, that was a pathetic post. i will do better next time. Wink

yeah !
saying you need to keep making and posting clone coins in an effort to find "Bugs" is bloody nonsense..
and why did the OP not mention that is why Cryptonote exists ?

so hmmm lets think here for a second.. are new clone coins put out to find bugs ?
or are they put out so they can be pumped and dumped ?
What do you think BitcoinTalk ?
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
uhhhm WHY ?

Perhaps there are more flaws/backdoors hidden in the code base waiting to be found/exploited.

ahhh jeez i just don't even know what to say  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

yea, that was a pathetic post. i will do better next time. Wink
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
uhhhm WHY ?

ahhh jeez i just don't even know what to say  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
uhhhm WHY ?

legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
uhhhm WHY ?

Activity: 72
Merit: 10
tldr: the more shitcoin clones fail, the more value accrues to the leader.

Thats why competition is a bless, if something better doesnt come out, the ones that are leading become worth more.

+1 agree

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Hal Finney said that if a CryptoCoin that had no real advantage over Bitcoin and were to overtake the value of Bitcoin it would create a disastrous situation where all the CryptoCoins would lose their value. His reasoning was that if investors (1) saw that another coin can overtake Bitcoin, based on hype and manipulation alone it would call into question "can any type of faith based currency (2) actually be a store of value".

My argument would be similar to Hal's, but I'd take it a step further and perhaps come to a different conclusion (since I haven't seen Hal's original comments in context I don't know his conclusion).

Yes, it would be disastrous if a hype-based clone were to overtake a preexisting leader, but only by having such coins try to do it and fail is the value of the leader convincingly demonstrated. If clones are impeded by barriers to entry (for example by technical or knowledge barriers) and one can only speculate about whether a hype-based coin could overtake the leader, then the leader's value will always be impaired.

tldr: the more shitcoin clones fail, the more value accrues to the leader.

legendary
Activity: 996
Merit: 1012

Please, let us know what you think.

Despite my initial misgivings, I now think you're
doing a great job.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
CryptoNote Starter has a new section added. The "Knowledge base" covers all the basics of operating CryptoNote currency in addition to the forking guide. Currently, the sections covered are:

• general binaries overview
  • testnet
  • payment processing
  • mining pool deployment

New articles will be published based on the community requests.

Please, let us know what you think.

Link to the knowledge base: https://cryptonotestarter.org/kb/
Activity: 490
Merit: 504
[XMR] [BCN] Multiple wallet monitor for all cryptonote coins:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8121234
I was trying to find how to define address prefixes (like in XDN or Cryptonotecoin), but couldn't find any tools for that. Here's my solution. You may add the following code lines to any of existing Cryptonote coins (as Cryptonote forking repo won't compile due to empty constants).

1) Update CMakeList.txt:

+file(GLOB_RECURSE PREFIXGENERATOR prefixgenerator/*)
+add_executable(prefixgenerator ${PREFIXGENERATOR})
+target_link_libraries(prefixgenerator crypto common ${Boost_LIBRARIES})

2) Add a new file /src/prefixgenerator.cpp

Code:
#include 
#include
#include "common/base58.h"

int main(int argc, char** argv) {

if (argc > 1) {
    std::string s = argv[1];
    for (uint64_t i = 0; i < (uint64_t)(-1); i++) {
      std::string r = tools::base58::encode_addr(i, "test");
      if (s == r.substr(0, s.size()))
        std::cout << r << " 0x" << std::hex << i << std::dec << std::endl;
    }
  } else {
    }
  }
  return 0;
}

3) Compile the updated repo

4) Run the util with the desired prefix:
Code:
./prefixgenerator PREFIX_YOU_WANT

or get all possible prefixes and grep the one you need:
Code:
./prefixgenerator | grep -E "REGEXP"

What the util does is trying every possible input to get you the prefix you wish to have. I hope this will help someone.

Thank you for your contribution! Your solution should be working, but it doesn't suit CryptoNote Starter repo well as it is quite complicated. Hence, we've implemented address prefix generator on https://cryptonotestarter.org/tools.html

You may also find calculator for your coin emission speed compared to bitcoin's emission.

http://i.imgur.com/4PwU1gM.png
http://i.imgur.com/CNE12Ro.png
We are offering you to get some CryptoNoteCoins for free.

You can use them in educational purposes to test our possibilities. CryptoNoteCoin fulfills the same functions as the regular coins. But remember that all coins will be emitted in 2 month and after that new genesis block will be generated.

Just enter your CryptoNoteCoin address in the special form called "Get free coins" on our website.
Activity: 490
Merit: 504
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
I was trying to find how to define address prefixes (like in XDN or Cryptonotecoin), but couldn't find any tools for that. Here's my solution. You may add the following code lines to any of existing Cryptonote coins (as Cryptonote forking repo won't compile due to empty constants).

1) Update CMakeList.txt:

+file(GLOB_RECURSE PREFIXGENERATOR prefixgenerator/*)
+add_executable(prefixgenerator ${PREFIXGENERATOR})
+target_link_libraries(prefixgenerator crypto common ${Boost_LIBRARIES})

2) Add a new file /src/prefixgenerator.cpp

Code:
#include 
#include
#include "common/base58.h"

int main(int argc, char** argv) {

if (argc > 1) {
    std::string s = argv[1];
      if (s == r.substr(0, s.size()))
    }
  } else {
    }
  }
  return 0;
}

3) Compile the updated repo

4) Run the util with the desired prefix:
Code:
./prefixgenerator PREFIX_YOU_WANT

or get all possible prefixes and grep the one you need:
Code:
./prefixgenerator | grep -E "REGEXP"

What the util does is trying every possible input to get you the prefix you wish to have. I hope this will help someone.
The official CryptoNote repository has been updated to include smart genesis block creation. Previously, it was required to comment and uncomment some parts of the source code. With our new currency creation flow, genesis block coinbase tx hash is created as follows:

1) Follow the forking guide and define all the parameters for your currency except for GENESIS_COINBASE_TX_HEX in /src/cryptonote_config.h. You should leave it blank:

Code:
#define GENESIS_COINBASE_TX_HEX               ""

2) Compile the binaries.

3) Start the daemon with the --print-genesis-tx argument:

Code:
cryptonotecoind --print-genesis-tx

The daemon will print out the genesis block coinbase transaction hash.

4) Insert the printed out tx hash to GENESIS_COINBASE_TX_HEX in src/cryptonote_config.h

Code:
#define GENESIS_COINBASE_TX_HEX               "013c01ff0001ffff...785a33d9ebdba68b0"

5) Recompile the binaries. You are now ready to announce and launch your coin.

Links to the repository and the forking guide:
https://github.com/cryptonotefoundation/cryptonote
https://cryptonotestarter.org/inner.html#genesis

Original discussion: https://forum.cryptonote.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=220&p=806#p806
Pages:
Jump to: