Pages:
Author

Topic: [CryptoNote] A complete forking guide to create your own CryptoNote currency - page 6. (Read 18484 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
I wonder if this is a response to my post observing they never officially published their code:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7556314
Activity: 241
Merit: 125
I like that but there will be a lot of Monero screaming but-hurt.

It is only half correct. I've read all the thread, and I just feel irrational that something goes wrong...

If Cryptonote protocol creators do create their reference Commercial coin - we do forget Monero in 30 seconds.

If Cryptonote protocol creators do want to educate the people masses, they first have to attract celebrities cryptographic experts to verify Cryptonote whitepaper against full correctness, and reference source code against bugs.

As it was previously mentioned, reference Cryptonote source code had already been opened. The only opportunity Cryptonote technology creators just added, is easy fork wizard for thousands of stupid people to make their own shit-forks in 30 minutes rather than in 30 days.

Also I am confused about SSL cerificates that are not applied correctly to all the web sites owned by Cryptonote technology creators.

I believe that you Cryptonote guys have to either release your original commercial Cryptonote coin, or declare Monero to be the one. Stop footling about, we have serious work to do!

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I like that but there will be a lot of Monero screaming but-hurt.
Activity: 119
As the posts above as stated, it just doesn't match the current situation to create yet a new coin for "educational purposes".
When you say "we'll merge all the best from all cryptonote coins, leaving out the useless", this sounds awefully like a marketing speach to me. There is no such thing as an absolute "best" and an absolute "useless" when judging aspects.

Perfectly pointed out! From one side, they speak about protection from commercial use of 'educational' coin. From another side, they speak about merging all the best features and bugfixes from any other existing cryptonote coins!

Cryptonote guy, explain us your unveiled motives!
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
As the posts above have stated, it just doesn't match the current situation to create yet a new coin for "educational purposes".
When you say "we'll merge all the best from all cryptonote coins, leaving out the useless", this sounds awefully like a marketing speach to me. There is no such thing as an absolute "best" and an absolute "useless" when judging aspects.

Upd2. And imagine you will create your 'educational' reference Cryptonote coin. Do you protect it from commercial trading, i.e. insert a block into the source, that prevents actual transfer to the exchange addresses? The block that protects against actually ANY coin transfer between addresses? To be the coin just educational?

We are pursuing educational goals with this launch. CryptoNote's source code is radically different from Bitcoin and all the altcoins, so the team wanted to explain the basics to get more attention.

If you care about the education, how about making serious videos highlighting
different portions of the codebase and explaining how it differs from Bitcoin.

At the moment the site just shows how to make a superficial clone.
No doubt dozens of tiny moneros will show up on the market, since people's greed
will be stimulated by your step by step guide. Do you think that will
raise the profile of CryptoNote?

+1. Cryptonote source had ALREADY be opened. Smart users DID the forks anyway - Monero, Quasarcoin, etc. Why do you give chance to the 'stupid' users to EASILY do another 1000 shit-forks?!

I can not understand your motives, guys! Explain honestly please!
legendary
Activity: 996
Merit: 1012

We are pursuing educational goals with this launch. CryptoNote's source code is radically different from Bitcoin and all the altcoins, so the team wanted to explain the basics to get more attention.

If you care about the education, how about making serious videos highlighting
different portions of the codebase and explaining how it differs from Bitcoin.

At the moment the site just shows how to make a superficial clone.
No doubt dozens of tiny moneros will show up on the market, since people's greed
will be stimulated by your step by step guide. Do you think that will
raise the profile of CryptoNote?

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029
Sine secretum non libertas
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Will you be updating the reference code to include changes from the Monero core team?

We'll be launching a reference code coin and a forking video soon. At the moment you may check out the following links:

Does it mean, that you, official creaters of Cryptonote technology, will start your reference-implementation official coin?

If so, what will be the name for this coin?

Dear Cryptonote!

I join to the question. It should be clear whether do you plan to make the reference Cryptonote coin "from official creators of Cryptonote technology", or not. And seeing question below, whether do you merge some of Monero code to it?

Or may be you will join to Monero team, and adjudge Monero to be the 'reference' Cryptonote implementation?

I ask you honestly I directly: you did speak about pluralism of Cryptonote coins and did make the whole web site for ordinary users to fork Cryptonote coin easily. What ulterior motives do you have to fire up that pluralism?!

Actually, we being customers, are not interested in such a pluralism. We need exactly ONE reference & robust Cryptonote coin! But I suspect you want to disconsider the whole Cryptonote technology by making forking acccessible to ordinary users. They will simply do 1000 shit-coins based on the Cryptonote technology!

Please, answer the question!

As I've mentioned our CryptoNoteCoin won't be economically viable, it is designed to serve educational purposes only. We'll merge all the prominent updates from all the CryptoNote coins, while not following minor changes and usability issues. We'll need some time to review everything that has been contributed so far across all the coins. At the moment we're busy with our reference code currency and another significant landmark for CryptoNote.

I've mentioned our vision of coin pluralism in the reply above. It is the part of our strategic vector and a matter of the whole platform. There will be a place for a robust CryptoNote coin, but it won't be ours.
It's just that 6 posts on bitcointalk... Seriously?  Grin

That looks like a not-so-elaborated attempt to launch your "We'll be launching a reference code coin".
"Reference code coin", yeah sure. The cryptonote guys wouldn't start something like that, or announce it like that if they did.

You'll find many people apparently who believe a newb on the forum, just because he posted links.

Who knows... One detail I just mentioned - https://cryptonote.org/ with nornal SSL signature DOES contain http link to http://cryptonotestarter.org/ that is NOT SSL-signed at all. Whether cryptonote guys are just not accurate perfectly or forgot to SSL-sign http://cryptonotestarter.org/, or there is man-in-the-middle attack...

See, cryptonote guys never answer us since very 1st post at thread begining...

WTF?!...

====

Upd. One answer detected by me - see above ))

But big part of unclear remains. Why cryptonote guys are not accurate with SSL certificates. And why they follow just educational purposes. Who but not creators of Cryptonote technology can make viable robust & commercial Cryptonote coin that brings millions of dollars to its creators?! What are the motives that manage you?

Upd2. And imagine you will create your 'educational' reference Cryptonote coin. Do you protect it from commercial trading, i.e. insert a block into the source, that prevents actual transfer to the exchange addresses? The block that protects against actually ANY coin transfer between addresses? To be the coin just educational?
Activity: 26
Care to prove you are in any way related to the persons behind cryptonote?

You can recheck the original post on our board, there's a link to this thread:
https://forum.cryptonote.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=219&p=754#p754

There is also a link from cryptonote.org to cryptonotestarter.org

This is where it is getting interesting. How many coins do you guys think is enough for CryptoNote?
Doesn't this just make it even easier for people without any knowledge of how to make an altcoin churn out hundreds of unneeded and unwanted shitcoins and scamcoins?

We do believe that there is an opportunity for a lot of coins to co-exist. In the long run there will be a few that matters and a lot of lesser currencies. You may think about it as another important CryptoNote experiment. There are new currencies, assets, and liquidity emerging from nowhere. It is a natural process for the developed economy, which could ultimately reshape the way we live. Current paradigm is already changing and CryptoNote aims to facilitate it.

Does it mean, that you, official creaters of Cryptonote technology, will start your reference-implementation official coin?

We are pursuing educational goals with this launch. CryptoNote's source code is radically different from Bitcoin and all the altcoins, so the team wanted to explain the basics to get more attention. Therefore, our reference code coin will be launched merely for the same considerations. It won't be economically viable, as we do not wish to maintain the real currency. Our focus is more strategic at the moment. You'll see everything yourself quite soon.

The coin's name is likely to be CryptoNoteCoin.
legendary
Still wild and free
It's just that 6 posts on bitcointalk... Seriously?  Grin

That looks like a not-so-elaborated attempt to launch your "We'll be launching a reference code coin".
"Reference code coin", yeah sure. The cryptonote guys wouldn't start something like that, or announce it like that if they did.

You'll find many people apparently who believe a newb on the forum, just because he posted links.

Also good question!

http://cryptonotestarter.org - is not signed by SSL certificate
https://forum.cryptonote.org - has untrusted signature

only https://cryptonote.org/ has normal signature.

Cryptonote guy, you must prove us you are official Cryptonote technology creators!
legendary
Still wild and free
We'll be launching a reference code coin and a forking video soon. At the moment you may check out the following links:

Dear Cryptonote!

I join to the question. It should be clear whether do you plan to make the reference Cryptonote coin "from official creators of Cryptonote technology", or not. And seeing question below, whether do you merge some of Monero code to it?

Or may be you will join to Monero team, and adjudge Monero to be the 'reference' Cryptonote implementation?

I ask you honestly I directly: you did speak about pluralism of Cryptonote coins and did make the whole web site for ordinary users to fork Cryptonote coin easily. What ulterior motives do you have to fire up that pluralism?!

Actually, we being customers, are not interested in such a pluralism. We need exactly ONE reference & robust Cryptonote coin! But I suspect you want to disconsider the whole Cryptonote technology by making forking acccessible to ordinary users. They will simply do 1000 shit-coins based on the Cryptonote technology!

Please, answer the question!
Activity: 49
Nice idea. I love it.

We can see creation of another "Unity3d" but only for cryptocurrencies. I know that my reference is a little bit ridiculous, but i believe in a coin pluralism too.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Will you be updating the reference code to include changes from the Monero core team?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Doesn't this just make it even easier for people without any knowledge of how to make an altcoin churn out hundreds of unneeded and unwanted shitcoins and scamcoins?

No easier than it has been for people to churn out BTC and scrypt clones. Real development is needed to attract serious investors and some copy paste kids won't change that.
Activity: 241
Merit: 125

Pages:
Jump to: